Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russian President Vladimir Putin invites PM Narendra Modi for Victory Day
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the massive Victory Day celebrations in May next year.
- Modi, who is in Brazil for the 11th BRICS Summit which will focus on building mechanisms for counter-terrorism cooperation and strengthen India’s ties with the world’s five major economies, met Putin on the sidelines of the meeting and reviewed the full range of India-Russia relations.
- India and Russia are cooperating extensively in areas such as trade, security and culture. The people of our nations will benefit due to close bilateral ties.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is 2020 Republic Day chief guest
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will attend next year’s Republic Day celebrations as the chief guest, as New Delhi and Brasilia seek to upgrade their ties to a comprehensive strategic partnership with larger cooperation in defence and space sectors.
- He is the third Brazilian President to be invited for Republic Day celebrations, after Fernando Henrique Cardoso in 1996 and Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in 2004.
India gets USD 43 million from Green Climate Fund to boost climate resilience in 3 coastal states
- India kicked-off a USD 43 million project to boost climate resilience in three coastal states in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- The project is funded by the Green Climate Fund, established within the framework of the
- Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to assist developing countries.
- The six-year project will build climate-resilient livelihoods for 1.7 million people in Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Odisha, offset 3.5 million tonnes of carbon, protect vulnerable ecosystems, and benefit another 10 million people with improved shoreline protection.
- This pace-setting new initiative will help enhance resilience and adaptability, lead to emissions reductions and support sustainable livelihoods
|United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|UNDP Administrator||Achim Steiner|
|UNDP Headquarters||New York, USA.|
Nitin Gadkari Inaugurates Khadi Pavilion at I.I.T.F.
- Union Minister of MSME and Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the Khadi Pavilion at the India International Trade Fair – IITF in New Delhi
- The Pavilion entrance has been themed upon Sabarmati Ashram, with melodious Shehnai celebrating the ‘spirit of Indianness’
- A wide range of products which includes food, handicrafts, leather, textiles and hosiery, readymade garments, wooden toys, cosmetics and herbal products offering a discount of up to 20% are being displayed in the Khadi Pavilion at IITF 2019
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways & Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
|Union Minister||Nitin Jairam Gadkari|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Andhra Pradesh CM launches ‘Nadu-Nedu’ Programme
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy has launched the ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme to introduce English medium from classes 1 to 6 in state-run schools.
- He also announced that the government will introduce another scheme called ‘Amma Vodi’ in January 2020 to give incentives to mothers who send their children to school and continue their education till class 12.
- In the first phase, the ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme will be implemented in 15,715 schools. It will cover all schools in three years under a budget of Rs 12,000 crores. For the first year in the initial phase, Rs 3,500 crores will be spent for infrastructure development,
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Amaravathi|
|Andhra Pradesh CM||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||Biswabhusan Harichandan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Moody’s cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 5.6 per cent for 2019
- Moody’s Investors Service slashed India’s economic growth forecast to 5.6 per cent for 2019
- Moody’s had on October 10 slashed India’s economic growth forecast for 2019-20 fiscal to 5.8 per cent from an earlier estimate of 6.2 per cent.
- The agency also stated that economic activity is expected to pick up in calendar years 2020 and 2021 to 6.6 per cent and 6.7 per cent, respectively
CCI nod for merger of BNP Paribas Mutual Fund and Bank of Baroda Mutual Fund
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the merger of the BNP Paribas (BNPP) Mutual Fund and the Baroda (BOB) Mutual Fund, under the Competition Act, 2002
- The Proposed Combination relates to merger of the BNP Paribas Mutual Fund and the BOB Mutual Fund. The Parties propose to amalgamate (i) BOB Asset Management Company (AMC) into BNPP AMC; and (ii) BNPP Trustee Company (TC) into BOB TC. After the merger BNPP AMC and BOB TC will be the surviving entities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
UK India Business Council releases annual doing business in India Report for 2019
- The UK India Business Council (UKIBC) released its 5th annual Doing Business in India Report.
- The report is based on the results of extensive discussions, including a roundtable in London with Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal, and a survey that captured the views of UK companies and higher education institutions on the operating environment in India and their reform priorities.
- Overall, the survey respondents were positive about India, with 56 per cent stating that it is getting easier to do business in India, and only 21 per cent saying that it has not improved (while 23 per cent were undecided).
- Maharashtra has topped in terms of States and Union Territories that are performing best on the ease of doing business followed by Delhi on second.
|UK Currency||Pound Sterling|
|UK PM||Boris Johnson|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Ms. Padmaja has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Tonga
- Padmaja, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Fiji, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Tonga , with residence in Suva.
|Tonga Currency||Tongan paʻanga|
|Tonga Prime Minister||Pohiva Tuʻiʻonetoa|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Robert De Niro to be conferred with SAG Life Achievement award
- Hollywood veteran and double Oscar winner Robert De Niro will receive the Life Achievement Award from Screen Actors Guild (SAG) at the 26th edition of the ceremony next year.
- The actor has been named the 56th recipient of SAG-AFTRA’s highest tribute: the SAG Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment.
- The 76-year-old De Niro will be presented the honour on January 19, 2020.
- The SAG Life Achievement Award is given annually to an actor who fosters the “finest ideals of the acting profession”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Google to launch Citi-backed checking accounts next year
- Google is partnering with Citigroup and Stanford Federal Credit Union to offer checking accounts beginning next year in a project code-named Cache.
- Checking accounts may be an advantageous jumping-off point for Google in banking. They offer loads of personal information, including salary, where people shop and what bills they pay. Additionally, they have a long shelf life: The average U.S. adult has used the same primary checking account for about 16 years.
NCDEX ties up with NSE Indices to launch AGRIDEX, India’s first agri index
- In a major move, the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) has launched India’s first agri index — ‘NCDEX Agridex’, for easy reference to price variations in agricultural commodities.
- Launched with a composition of 10 leading liquid contracts on the NCDEX platform at present, the index is now available as ‘indicative’. It will be made tradable after being approved from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
- NCDEX has already applied for a formal approval from Sebi, which, according to trade sources, is likely to be cleared soon.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Dutee Chand named in TIME 100 Next list
- India sprinter Dutee Chand has been named in the TIME 100 Next, an expansion of the TIME 100 list of the most influential persons in the world.
- The list, an initiative of TIME magazine, highlights 100 rising stars who are shaping the future of business, entertainment, sports, politics, health, science, activism etc.
- Chand had won two silver medals — 100m, 200m — at the Jakarta Asian Games and had become the first Indian woman sprinter to win gold at the Universiade in Napoli, where she competed in 100m.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Navy selects Karabi Gogoi as assistant naval attache in India’s Moscow Embassy
- Cdr. Karabi Gogoi will become the first woman officer from the Navy to be posted as a Defence Attache at an Indian mission abroad.
- She has been posted as the Assistant Naval Attache at the Indian embassy in Moscow.
- Cdr. Gogoi was commissioned into the Navy in 2010 and is currently posted at Karwar.
- Last month, the IAF became the first Service to post a woman officer abroad at a diplomatic mission. Wing Commander Anjali Singh was posted as the Deputy Air Attache also at the same embassy.
- India has over 100 Defence Attaches or Defence Advisors posted at missions across the world with all three Service Attaches posted at important missions like the U.S., the U.K. and Russia with which it has significant defence ties
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh Passes Away
- Renowned mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh passed away after a prolonged illness.
- The renowned mathematician, who once worked at NASA and California University.