Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Expert committee recommends Rs. 9,750 monthly national minimum wage
- The 7-member expert panel headed by V VGiri National Labour Institute (VVGNLI) Fellow Anoop Satpathy submitted its report titled “Determining the Methodology for Fixation of the National Minimum Wage”,
- The expert committee recommended a uniform national minimum wage of Rs. 375 per day or Rs. 9,750 per month or region-wise minimum wages ranging from Rs. 8,892 – Rs. 11,622 per month for five regions, with supplementary house rent allowance of Rs. 1,430 per month for urban workers
- This wage-level is irrespective of sectors, skills, occupations and rural-urban locations for a family comprising 3.6 consumption units
- The Present is National Minimum Wage Rs. 4,576.
Dera Baba Nanak land check post designated as immigration centre
- The Centre designated Dera Baba Nanak land Check post in Gurdaspur district of Punjab as an authorised immigration checkpoint to exit and entry for visiting Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara in Pakistan.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone of the Dera Baba Nanak-Kartarpur Sahib Corridor at an event at Mann village in Gurdaspur district.
- The Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara is located on the banks of the Ravi river.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
India’s first agromet forecast center inaugurated in Dharwad, Karnataka
- Union Minister for Science and Technology, Earth Sciences, and Environment Dr HarshaVardhan inaugurated the North Karnataka Agromet Forecasting and Research Centre (NKAFC) in Dharwad, Karnataka.
- This is country’s first agromet forecast centre which will provide accurate information on weather. About 25 lakh farmers in the region would get information on various platforms including SMS, Whatsapp, social networking sites and community radio stations.
|Karnataka Chief Minister||Kumarasamy|
|Karnataka Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Pramod Chandra Mody appointed as new CBDT chairman
- Pramod Chandra Mody took over as the new chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
- Mody was a 1982 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), has been appointed in place of Sushil Chandra, who was earlier named as an Election Commissioner
- Prior to this he wasa Member (Administration) in the CBDT.
- CBDT functions under the Department of Revenue of the Ministry of Finance.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes is a statutory authority functioning under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963
- The CBDT is headed by a chairman and can have a maximum of six members.
UN appoints Chandramouli Ramanathan as Controller and ASG in Management Strategy department
- The UN has appointed Chandramouli Ramanathan as Controller, Assistant Secretary-General (ASG) for Programme Planning, Budget and Finance in the management strategy, policy and compliance department
- He succeeds Bettina Tucci Bartsiotas of Uruguay
- Ramanathan has served as Acting Controller since September 2018, concurrently with his position as Assistant Secretary-General for Enterprise Resource Planning since 2016
|United Nations Headquarter||New York|
|United Nations Secretary General||António Guterres|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Asia’s largest early Childhood Conference – Early Ed Asia 2019 held in Jaipur
- Early Ed Asia 2019 the two day educational event was held at the City Palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- This was the first time such a conference was held in India with over 6000 eminent early childhood educators, policy-makers, researchers and other stakeholders from India and foreign countries
- The motto of the conference was ‘Our Children. Our Future’.
- The conference will bring together the brightest minds in Early Childhood Education on to discuss the latest trends in teaching and research to provide a stronger foundation to children.
|Rajasthan Chief Minister||Ashok Gehlot|
|Rajasthan Governor||Kalyan Singh|
World Sustainable Development Summit 2019 held in New Delhi
- The World Sustainable Development Summit (WSDS) is the annual flagship event of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) was inaugurated by vice president Venkaiah Naidu at New Delhi.
- Theme of the summit was ‘Attaining the 2030 Agenda: delivering on our promise’
- Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama was honoured with the Sustainable Development Leadership Award 2019 for his outstanding contributions towards sustainable development in Fiji.
|Delhi Chief Minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Delhi Governor||Anil Bijal|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING NAD INDEX
World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2019 report released by ILO
- The International Labour Organization released
- According to the report, unemployment rates will fall to 4.9% in 2019 and remains steady in 2020
- Global unemployment among young people (between 15-24) stood at 11.8 per cent, higher than other age groups
- In the global labour market 2 billion out of 3.3 billion people worked keeping their economic security at risk in informal employment
- The unemployment rate increased from 5 to 5.6% between 2008-09
|International Labour Organization Headquarters||Geneva, Switzerland|
|International Labour Organization Director General||Guy Ryder|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPLICATION AND PORTAL
IWAI launched a new portal LADIS for real-time information
- Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) launched a new portal LADIS (Least Available Depth Information System) for real-time information on available depth on stretches of National Waterways
- LADIS will ensure that real-time data on least available depths (LADs) is disseminated for ship, barge and cargo owners so that they can undertake transportation on national waterways (NWs) in a more planned way.
|Inland Waterways Authority of India Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Inland Waterways Authority of India Chairman||Jalaj Srivastava|
Hardip Singh Puri launched the PMAY-U Mobile Application
- Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S Puri launched the PMAY (U) Mobile Application
- The Mobile Application will allow beneficiaries to capture and upload high resolution photographs of completed houses along with their families and a 30 – 60 seconds video clip where beneficiaries share their stories of owning a house under PMAY (U).
- The PMAY (U) mission was launched on 25th June 2015 with the aim to provide houses to every eligible urban household in India by the year 2022
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Air Force’s major exercise Vayushakti 2019 held in Pokharan, Rajasthan
- The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) major exercise Vayushakti 2019 held at Pokhran Air-to-Ground Armament Range near Jaisalmer in Rajasthan
- Akash missile firing, gun firing from Advanced Light Helicopter and MiG 29’s air-to-ground role demonstrated in this exercise
- Indigenously developed weapons, aircraft and equipment to be displayed include Akash (midrange surface to air missile), Astra (all weather beyond visual range air-to-air missile), Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, Advanced Light Helicopter and Airborne Early Warning and Control systems
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
GS1 India signed MoU with Government eMarket place
- GeM and GS1 India Sign MoU to Empower Buyers to Make Informed Choice
- This MoU will enable GeM’s buyers and vendors to access accurate and standardised information on attributes of thousands of products across categories, empowering them to make more informed decisions.
- GS1 India, a standards organisation set up by the commerce and industry ministry
- GeM will access product data from GS1 India’s DataKart, the National repository of information on attributes of millions of retail products in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Former Goa deputy chief minister Francis D’Souza passed away
- Former deputy chief minister of Goa and BJP MLA Francis D’Souza passed away
- He was elected to Goa Legislative Assembly in the year 1999 as Goa Rajiv Congress party candidate and was later shifted to BJP to get elected to the state legislative assembly in 2002, 2007, 2012 and 2017 from Mapusa constituency.
D’Souza was appointed deputy chief minister in November 2012under ManoharParrikar’s leadership
/ 5. Reviews