Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Youth Skills Day
- The World Youth Skills Day (WYSD) is observed every year on July 15 to encourage youth to celebrate the value of acquiring skills to achieve personal success and fulfillment.
- The United Nations declared 15 Julyas World Youth Skills Day in November 2014.
|Theme 2019||“Learning to learn for life and work”|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
1st international flight from Indore leaves for Dubai
- The first international flight from Devi AhilyaBaiHolkar International Airport of Indore in Madhya Pradesh left for Dubai
- Air India is operating 162-seater A-320 Neo aircraft on this route, which will fly directly to Dubai on every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday while the return flight from Dubai will be on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Over 30 lakh persons enrolled under PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme till July 10
- Union Government said that total thirty lakh 85 thousand 205 persons have been enrolled under PradhanMantriShram Yogi Maandhan Scheme, PM-SYM, till 10th of this month.
- PM-SYM a voluntary and contributory pension scheme for the benefit of unorganized workers in February this year in the country.
- The minimum monthly pension of three thousand rupees to the beneficiaries after attaining the age of 60 years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING
RBI slaps Rs 7 crore fine on SBI for non-compliance of directions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has penalised State Bank of India and Union Bank of India for violating certain regulatory guidelines
- SBI was fined 7 crore for non-compliance with the directions issued by the RBI on Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms, code of conduct for opening and operating current accounts and reporting of data on Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC), and fraud risk management and classification and reporting of frauds
- The central bank also imposed a Rs. 10-lakh fine on Union Bank for non-compliance with the directions on the cybersecurity framework in banks issued by the RBI.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
RBI Deputy Governor
|BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
World Bank to offer $250 million to Kerala for disaster management
- The World bank has cleared the first tranche of $250 million of the $500 million fund for the Resilient Kerala Programme (RKP) to help improve the state’s resilience against natural disasters and climate change
- Kerala has become the first Indian state to get this fund
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Justice Sikri appointed as judge in Singapore International Commercial Court
- Former Supreme Court judge, Justice AK Sikri, has been appointed as an international judge of the Singapore International Commercial Court(SICC).
- The President of the Republic of Singapore has made the appointment of Justice Sikri with effect from August 1
- Justice AK Sikri was recently appointed as the Chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority (NBSA) by the News Broadcasters Association (NBA).
ChandrakantKavlekar sworn in as the new Deputy CM of Goa
- ChandrakantKavlekar, who was the Leader of the Opposition, will be designated as Deputy Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister of Goa PramodSawant of BJP inducted 4 new ministers in the Goa Cabinet. Governor MridulaSinha administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers at a ceremony held at Raj Bhavan, Goa.
Kiran More Appointed Interim USA Cricket Coach
- Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Kiran More has been appointed the interim coach of the USA cricket team.
- More will take over from the former coach PubuduDassanayake of Sri Lanka, whose contract was to end by March 2019 but was extended to December 2019, resigned due to differences with the USA Cricket board.
- The USA Cricket has also appointed former India spinner Sunil Joshi as spin bowling advisor, and PravinAmre and Kieran Powell as advisors for the batting department.
|US Capital||Washington DC|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOUR
Shah Rukh Khan to Receive Honorary Doctorate from La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is set to be honoured with an honorary doctorate degree from Melbourne-based La Trobe University for his contributions and efforts towards underprivileged children, women’s empowerment through Meer Foundation and his achievements in the Indian entertainment industry.
- Khan, who will be visiting Australia to attend the 10th edition of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) next month as its chief guest, said having his humanitarian endeavours recognised for the first time by the country was a great honour.
- La Trobe University is the first Australian university to award Khan with an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Letters (honoriscausa).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Fuzhou (China) to host 2020 session of World Heritage Committee
- The 43rd session of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee was held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 29 new sites were added to the list during the recent session, including two in China: a series of migratory bird sanctuaries in China’s Bohai Gulf, and the archaeological site of Liangzhu in modern-day Zhejiang province, whose ruins date back more than 5,300 years.
- At the conclusion of the 43rd session, it was also announced that Fuzhou, the capital of the southeastern coastal province of Fujian, will host the committee’s 44th meeting next year.
- Fujian province currently has three sites on the UNESCO list: Wuyi Mountain, added in 1999; Fujian tulou, a distinctive type of roundhouse architecture characteristic of the region’s Hakka people; and danxia, a unique petrographic landform concentrated in southern China. SanfangQixiang, a network of lanes and alleys in central Fuzhou dating to the Tang dynasty, was added to the World Heritage Site’s Tentative List in 2013, and given an Honorable Mention in 2015.
IFFI’s Golden Jubilee Edition to be held from Nov 20 till 28 in Goa
- The Golden Jubilee Edition of International Film Festival of India, IFFI will be held from 20th Nov till 28th November 2019 in Panaji, Goa.
- President of Oscar Academy John Bailey and other eminent cinematographers and producers have been invited for the event. Russia will be IFFI partner in this edition.
- On the occasion, Union Minister Javdekar and Goa Chief Minister Dr PramodSawant released special IFFI Golden Jubilee poster.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO calls off Chandrayaan 2 launch due to technical glitch
- India’s ambitious second lunar mission, Chandrayaan 2, suffered a temporary setback in the early hours, with the launch of the rocket being aborted 56 minutes before the scheduled lift-off.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) confirmed that the launch had been cancelled after a technical snag was detected in one of the launch systems of the GSLVMkIII-M1 (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III).
- GSLVMkIII-M1 is a three-stage vehicle with two solid motor strap-ons (S200), a liquid propellant core stage (L110) and a cryogenic stage (C-25).
- Chandrayaan-2 has three modules including an orbiter, a lander (Vikram), and a rover (Pragyan).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
England wins ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- England defeated New Zealand to win the ICC Cricket Men’s World Cup 2019. England won the World Cup on account of more number of boundaries as even the super over resulted in a tie. Both teams made 241 runs in the match and 15 runs in the super over.
Here are some major highlights of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019:
- Venue: England and Wales (In 2023- India is the host country)
- Official Song: ‘Stand By’ (a collaboration between new artist LORYN and one of the UK’s most successful and influential acts, Rudimental)
- Player of the tournament: Kane Williamson (Captain Newzealand)
- Golden Bat award: Rohit Sharma (Highest run scorer in the tournament- 648 runs)
- Golden Ball award: Mitchell Starc (Australia)- Highest Wicket taker- 27 wickets
- Rohit Sharma became the only player to hit 5 century in a single edition of World Cup. He broke the record of Kumar Sangakkara of 4 century.
- Shakib Al Hasan first to 500 runs and 10 wickets in single World Cup
- ICC Team of the Tournament- ICC has also announced the team of the tournament with players from all the country. Two Indians have been listed in this team. They are Rohit Sharma and JaspritBumrah. The team is selected on the basis of performance of the players in the tournament.
VineshPhogat clinches gold in YasarDogu tourney
- VineshPhogat added to India’s medal tally in YasarDogu 2019 Ranking Series tournament in Istanbul, by clinching gold medal in the 53kg category.
- Earlier, Seema and ManjuKumari won a gold medal each in the 50kg and 59kg category respectively.
- In men’s wrestling, Rahul Aware won gold in the 61kg freestyle category, while Utkarsh clinched the bronze in the same weight division.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
1971 war heroLt Gen JS Gharaya passed away
- Lt Gen JS Gharaya (retd), who was awarded the MahaVir Chakra in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Kirti Chaka in the 1947 Hyderabad operations, passed away