Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Press Day
- National Press Day is celebrated every year on 16 November
- The day was celebrated to commemorate the establishment of the Press Council of India.
- Press Council of India, formed in 1966, to check on the quality of reportage provided by the Indian press
International Day for Tolerance
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day for Tolerance is annually observed on November 16
- The day was celebrated to educate people about the need for tolerance in society and to help them understand the negative effects of intolerance.
- To mark the United Nations Year for Tolerance and the 125th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi, UNESCO created a prize for the promotion of tolerance and non-violence.
- The UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence rewards significant activities in the scientific, artistic, cultural or communication fields aimed at the promotion of a spirit of tolerance and non-violence.
Jharkhand celebrates the State Formation day on 15 November
- Jharkhand celebrates the 19th State Formation day on 15 November 2019.
- Jharkhand, the land of forests, was formed on 15 November 2000. It is celebrating its 19th year of constitution in the year 2019. It was previously the southern half of Bihar.
- The foundation day of the State falls on the birth anniversary of tribal leader Birsa Munda who is also known as Bhagwan Birsa. He played a vital role in India’s struggle for freedom.
- Jharkhand means bravery and compassion. It should be noted that the have always lived in harmony with nature.
|Jharkhand CM||Raghubar Das|
|Jharkhand Governor||Draupadi Murmu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Dhaka International Folk Festival Inaugurated
- The 5th edition of the Dhaka International Folk Festival was inaugurated by the Information Minister of Bangladesh Dr Hasan Mahmud at a grand ceremony at Bangladesh Army Stadium. Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen was present as chief guest in the opening ceremony.
- The event began with performance by artistes of Bhabna Nrityadal, a prominent dance troupe from Bangladesh. Daler Mehendi from India, Shah Alam Sarkar from Bangladesh and Georgian folk band Chveneburebi performed on the first day of the programme.
- More than 200 artistes from 6 countries are be performing in the largest folk festival of Asia.
- During the three-day festival a large number of popular and renowned artistes from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Russia and other countries will perform in Dhaka
|Bangladesh Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Rajnath Singh to inaugurate Sisseri River Bridge in East Siang
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated Sisseri Bridge, built by the Border Road Organisation (BRO) on Pasighat-Bomjir Highway
- The 200-metre long bridge between Jonai-Pasighat-Ranaghat-Roing road will provide connectivity between Dibang Valley and Siang to meet the long-pending demand of the people of Arunachal Pradesh
- Mr Singh attended the Maitree Diwas celebration at strategically important Tawang District along the Indo-China Border.
- The Government has adopted the Border Area Development Programme (BADP) in its plan keeping in view security of the people residing in the border areas
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Arunachal Pradesh CM||PemaKhandu|
|Arunachal Pradesh Governor||BD Mishra|
India saw second highest pneumonia deaths of kids under 5 in 2018: UN
- India had the second-highest number of deaths of children under the age of five in 2018 due to pneumonia, a curable and preventable disease that claimed the life of one child every 39 seconds globally, according to a new report by the UN.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said that globally, pneumonia claimed the lives of more than 800,000 children under the age of five last year–or one child every 39 seconds. Most deaths occurred among children under the age of two, and almost 153,000 within the first month of life.
- Five countries were responsible for more than half of child pneumonia deaths: Nigeria (162,000), India (127,000), Pakistan (58,000), the Democratic Republic of Congo (40,000) and Ethiopia (32,000).
- This “forgotten epidemic” is now responsible for 15 per cent of deaths in children under the age of five, and yet, just three per cent of global infectious disease research spending is allocated to the disease,
National Mission ‘NISHTHA’ launched in J&K
- National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) was launched in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
- NISHTHA is a pioneer scheme being launched across the country, with a total of 86000 Elementary teachers of Government Schools being trained in J&K under the programme
- The programme was formally inaugurated by Commissioner Secretary, School Education Department, Sarita Chauhan, which was attended by around 300 teachers, Key Resource Persons (KRPs) and Chief Education Officers, DIET Principals and Educational Administrators.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
National Tribal Festival Aadi Mahotsav to begin in New Delhi
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” in New Delhi.
- The theme of the 15-day Mahotsav being held at Dilli Haat in INA, is celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Craft, Cuisine and Commerce.
- The tribal textiles manufactured by master tribal craftsmen from Jammu & Kashmir in the North to Tamil Nadu in the South and from Gujarat in the West to Nagaland/Sikkim in the East will be the main attractions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
MELPL – Visionary Indo – French Collaboration (Largest FDI Project of Railways)
- Indian Railways has entered into Procurement cum Maintenance Agreement with Madhepura Electric Locomotive Pvt. Ltd. (MELPL), a joint venture of Indian Railways and M/s Alstom.
- As part of largest Foreign Direct Investment project of Indian Railways, Ministry of Railways and Alstom came together in 2015 to transform the heavy freight transportation landscape of the country.
- A landmark agreement worth 3.5 billion Euro was signed to manufacture 800 electric locomotives for freight service and its associated maintenance.
- The new design of locomotive has been inspected by RDSO at Madhepura factory and cleared for dispatch from factory.
- This is the first time such High Horse Power locomotive is being tested on Broad Gauge network in the World by any Railways.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
India to host the 8th International Conference on Agricultural Statistics in New Delhi
- The 8th International Conference on Agricultural Statistics (ICAS-VIII) will be organized by the Ministry of Agriculture in New Delhi from 18th to 21st November 2019.
- Trilochan Mohapatra DG ICAR & Secretary DARE informed that the conference will be inaugurated by the Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Guest will be Bill Gates.
- The conference will be organised in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, ISI-CAS, FAO, the USDA, ADB, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eurostat, AfDB and various other organizations.
- The theme of this year’s ICAS is ‘Statistics for Transformation of Agriculture to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
Regional Conference on “Replication of Good Governance Practices in Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh” begins
- A two-day Regional Conference on the theme: “Replication of Good Governance Practices in Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh” began in Jammu
- The Conference is organised by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India in collaboration with the Government of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- The conference was inaugurated by Minister of State for PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Dr. Jitendra Singh along with Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, G. C. Murmu.
- The main objective of the Conference is to bring national and state-level organizations on a common platform and to share experiences in Digital Governance, Citizen-Centric Governance and Capacity Building and Personnel Administration
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Nita Ambani Becomes 1st Indian Trustee to be Elected to Board of New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Educationist, philanthropist and businesswoman Nita Ambani has been named an honorary trustee of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. The announcement was made by Daniel Brodsky, the museum’s chairman.
- She is the first Indian to be so honoured.
- Nita Ambani is the founder and chairperson of the Reliance Foundation, an Indian philanthropic organisation that has supported The Met since 2016
Nilam Sawhney appointed as Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh government appointed IAS officer Nilam Sawhney as Chief Secretary of the State
- A 1984 batch IAS officer of Andhra cadre, Sawhney was on deputation at the Centre as Social Justice and Empowerment Secretary.
- She succeeded Neerab Kumar. She has become the first woman chief secretary of bifurcated Andhra Pradesh
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Amaravathi|
|Andhra Pradesh CM||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||BiswabhusanHarichandan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOURS
An Extreme Love of Coffee: A Novel by Harish Bhat
- Harish Bhat, Chairma of Tata Coffee Ltd. and Brand Custodian of Tata Sons has authored India’s first coffee themed Novel titled ‘An Extreme Love for Coffee.’
- This is his third book but the first fiction, which has been published by Penguin Random House.
- The book will enable a reader to know a lot more about different varieties of Indian coffee.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKINGS
Bangladesh tops business bribery risk in South Asia
- Bangladesh has the highest business bribery risk among South Asian courtiers, according to the Trace Bribery Matrix which releases annual ranking for 200 countries.
- The Matrix evaluates countries under four parameters which are business interaction with the government, anti-bribery deterrence, transparency and civil society oversight.
- Bangladesh has been placed at 178 position among 200 countries in terms of business bribery risk. It has been on the high risk country list of Trace Bribery Matrix since 2014 when the first matrix was released.
- In South Asia, Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only countries where the bribery risk is ‘high’. Bhutan has the lowest risk of bribery on the index in South Asia as it is placed at 52 in the ranking.
- Overall, according to this year’s TRACE Matrix data, Somalia, South Sudan, North Korea, Yemen and Venezuela presented the highest risk of bribe demands. New Zealand, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland presented the lowest bribery risk.
- TRACE is a US based organisation which provides ranking to various countries in terms of the risk of bribery companies face in doing business in those countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
FIFA names Arsene Wenger as global football development chief
- Veteran coach Arsene Wenger has been named FIFA’s Chief of global football development.
- The former Arsenal and Monaco coach would be responsible for the growth of the game for both men and women around the world and would also be the leading authority on technical matters, including potential changes to the sport’s laws.
- The new role brings Wenger back to the game for the first time since 2018, when he left Arsenal after 22 years in charge.
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
|FIFA President||Gianni Infantino|
India set to host 2019 World Kabaddi Cup from December 1 to 9
- The 2019 World Kabaddi Cup will take place from December 1 to 9 and will be organised by the Punjab government, revealed the state’s Sports Minister Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi in Chandigarh.
- This year’s tournament will be dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji.
- Nine teams — India, USA, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan and Canada — are expected to take part in the tournament.
- Pakistan and Canada are yet to get clearance from the Indian government.