Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
World Orange Festival inaugurated in Nagpur
- The second World Orange Festival will be organised in Nagpur
- The festival, while offering its famed oranges to the world, will also showcase and brand the exquisite fruit in order to boost its export.
- Agricultural experts and scientists from various countries will participate in the workshops and guide farmers.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
10th edition of India Rubber Expo 2019 inaugurated in Mumbai
- Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the 10th edition of the India Rubber Expo 2019 in Mumbai
- The three day event being held at the Bombay Exhibition Centre is one of the most anticipated events in the rubber industry’s calendar.
|Chairman of India Rubber Expo 2019||Vikram Makar|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Madhya Pradesh launched Rs.50,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched his government’s Rs 50,000 crore farm debt waiver scheme named ‘Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana’. in Bhopal
- It would benefit 55 lakh small and marginal farmers in the state.
- Farmers, who have registered themselves to pay GST and are paying income tax, cannot avail benefits under this scheme.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
PM Narendra Modi dedicated Kollam bypass in Kerala to the Nation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the 13-km Kollam bypass of National Highway 66 to the nation
- Kollam Bypass will reduce ravel time between Alappuzha and Thiruvananthapuram
- This is the first National Highway project in the country taken up on a 50:50 Centre-State partnership.
- The 13 kilometre long two lane bypass is constructed at a cost of 352 crore rupees. It has three major bridges over the Ashtamudi lake, having a total length of 1540 metres and an underpass
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated 9th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit in Gandhinagar
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 9th edition of Vibrant Gujarat global investors’ summit- 2019 at Mahatma Mandir Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev addressed the Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- More than 30 thousand international and Indian delegates including the Heads of State from 5 countries are participating in the summit. Apart from this, 11 international organizations are participating as partner organizations for the Summit.
|Theme||Shaping a new India|
|Governor||Om Prakash Kohli|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Cabinet approved recapitalisation of Export-Import Bank of India
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the recapitalization of EXIM Bank.
- Issuance of Recapitalization Bonds by Government of India to the tune of Rs.6,000 crore for capital infusion in Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank).
- The equity will be infused in two tranches of Rs. 4,500 crore in FY 2018-19 and Rs.1,500 crore in FY 2019-20 respectively.
- The Cabinet also approved an increase in the authorized capital of Exim Bank from Rs. 10,000 crore to Rs. 20,000 crore. The recapitalisation bonds will be on the lines issued to Public Sector Banks.
|Exim Bank Managing Director||David Rasquinha|
RBI fined Rs. 1 crore fine on Bank of Maharashtra
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed a Rs. 1 crore penalty on state owned Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) for non-compliance of Know Your Customer guidelines and fraud classification norms.
- This penalty has been imposed taking into account the failure of the bank to adhere to directions issued by the RBI.
|Bank of Maharashtra Headquarters||Pune|
|Tagline||One family one bank|
|MD & CEO||AS Rajeev|
Maharashtra FM-led GoM to look at issues related to lottery under GST
- A ministerial panel headed by Maharashtra Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar will examine uniformity of taxation on lottery under GST or other issues arising out of it.
- Under GST, state-organised lottery falls under the 12 percent tax slab while state-authorised lottery attracts 28 percent tax.
- The panel will also examine any other issue related to enforcement, including the legal frame work, in order to curb evasion of tax on lottery and suggest appropriate tax rate to address the problem.
- The GoM for lottery will submit its report to GST Council in next its meeting for approval.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Government conferred Gandhi Peace Prize for 2015-2018
- The government announced the names of the winners of the Gandhi Peace Prize for 2015-2018, which were last conferred to the Indian Space Research Organisation in 2014.
- It is given to individuals and institutions for their contribution towards social, economic and political transformation through non-violence and other Gandhian methods.
- 2015 – Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari won the award for rural development and education
- 2016 – The award has been jointly given to Akshaya Patra Foundation for providing mid-day meals to children across the country and Sulabh International for its work towards emancipation of manual scavengers
- 2017 – The award will be given to Ekai Abhiyan Trust for its contribution to education for rural and tribal children
- 2018 – The award will be given to Nippon Foundation chairman Yohei Sasakawa for his role in leprosy eradication.
Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian athlete to be nominated in Laureus World Comeback of Year Award
- Indian female wrestler Vinesh Phogat has become the first Indian athlete to receive a nomination in the prestigious Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award.
- The 24-year-old Indian, who made a sensational comeback after battling a long injury lay-off to win a gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games and Jakarta Asian Games, has been nominated for the Laureus World Comeback of the Year.
- She has been nominated alongside US Tour Championship winner Tiger Woods, who won his first tournament in five years.
India born, Dr. Rattan Lal honoured with 2019 Japan Prize
- The Japan Prize Foundation announced the laureates of the 2019 Japan Prize, India born, Dr. Rattan Lal, Distinguished University Professor of Soil Science at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A, received the award in the field of “Biological Production, Ecology”.
- Yoshio Okamotowas another recipient of the 2019 Japan Prize on of “Materials and Production” field.
- A cash award of 50 million Japanese yen(approximately $450,000 USD) will also be given to each prize field.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
BES EXPO 2019 inaugurated in New Delhi
- Information and Broadcasting Secretary Amit Khare and TRAI Chairman RS Sharma inaugurated the 25th International conference and exhibition on terrestrial and satellite broadcasting, BES EXPO 2019 in New Delhi
- Nearly 300 companies from 25 countries are displaying their products at the Expo
|Theme||Gen Broadcasting in the IT World|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurates UNNATI of ISRO in Bengaluru
- Minister of State in Department of Space Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated UNNATI programme of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru
- UNNATI, a capacity building programme on Nanosatellite development, is an initiative by ISRO to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first United Nations conference on the exploration and peaceful uses of outer space (UNISPACE-50)
- UNNATI – Unispace Nanosatellite Assembly and Training programme
|Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING AND INDEX
GDP growth likely to be tad higher at 7.5% in FY20: India Ratings
- India Ratings, a Fitch Group Company estimated India’s GDP growth could touch 7.5 per cent in financial year 2019-20 as against 7.2 per cent during current fiscal 2018-19.
|Fitch Rating CEO||Paul Taylor|
|Headquarters||New York, US|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India – Myanmar joint training exercise inaugurated in Chandimandir
- The second edition of the India-Myanmar bilateral army exercise, IMBEX 2018-19, commenced at Chandimandir Military Station, headquarters of the Western Command
- The aim of this joint training programme, spread over six days, is to train the Myanmar delegation for participation in United Nations peace keeping operations under the UN flag.
- The exercise includes participation of 15 officers from Myanmar Army and 15 officers from the Indian Army.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Bengal’s Satyarup Sidhhanta Becomes World’s Youngest Mountaineer to Climb 7 Peaks, 7 Volcano Summits
- Mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta climbed Antarctica’s highest point, Mount Sidley, to become the youngest man in the world to have climbed the seven highest volcanic peaks
- Mr Siddhanta hails from Haridevpur in South Kolkata and is a software engineer by profession.
- He holds the record of conquering several summits such as Mt Kilimanjaro in Africa, Mt Elbrus in Europe, Mt Denali in Alaska and Mt Monc Blanc in France.