Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India’s first fulldome 3D Digital theatre inaugurated in Kolkata
- Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the India’s first ‘fulldome 3D Digital Theatre’ at the Science City in Kolkata, West Bengal
- This facility is the first of its kind in the country and having a 23 metre titled dome to offer a fully immersive experience to the visitors
- It is fully funded by the Ministry of Culture at a cost of Rs 20 crore.
- The Science City is operated by the National Council of Science Museums under the Ministry of Culture.
Rajnath Singh launched pan-India number 112 for women safety
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi launched a range of citizen safety initiatives in New Delhi
- It includes the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), for women safety in 16 states and Union territories.
- The service has already been launched in Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland.
- Persons in distress can dial a pan-India number 112. Under this system, all the states have to set up a dedicated Emergency Response Centre (ERC)
- A citizen may Press power button on a smartphone thrice quickly to activate a panic call to ERC. In case of a feature phone, long press on number 5 or 9 on the phone keypad will activate the panic call.The ERCs are connected to District Command Centres and the Emergency Response Vehicles
- An amount of over 321 crore rupees has been provided for this initiative through the Nirbhaya fund
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
International annual Desert festival held in Jaisalmer
- The 40th International Annual Desert Festival held on the sand dune, Rajasthan
- The three-day festival, exhibits rich cultural heritage of the desert state, commenced with a colourful procession from Gadsisar lake fort.
- The festival is organised by the Rajasthan tourism and district administration.
Rajasthan assembly passed a billto scrapminimum qualification for local polls
- Rajasthan Legislative Assembly passed Rajasthan Municipalities (Amendment) Bill, 2019, and The Rajasthan Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Bill, 2019 to remove the minimum education criterion for panchayat and civic polls candidates.
- The previous BJP government had introduced the minimum qualification of class 10 for ZilaParishad/Panchayat member election, and class 5 or 8 class for the post of sarpanch.
|Rajasthan Chief Minister||Ashok Gehlot|
|Rajasthan Governor||Kalyan Singh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
J.P. Morgan becomes first U.S. Bank with a Cryptocurrency
- JPMorgan Chase & Co, America’s largest bank, is launched its own Cryptocurrency
- The cryptocurrency, called “JPM Coin,” which has a fixed value redeemable for one U.S. dollar
- The bank operates a massive wholesale payment business, with more than $6 trillion in client funds transferred each day.
- The crypto-currency, which runs on blockchain technology, has been used successfully to move money between the bank and a client account.
|JPMorgan Chase Headquarters||New York, United States|
|JPMorgan Chase CEO||Jamie Dimon|
Iran unveiled first semi-heavy missile-equipped submarine
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has unveiled the first Iranian made semi-heavy submarine.
- The submarine named ‘Fateh’ (‘Conqueror’ in Persian), capable of being fitted with missiles
- The Fateh has subsurface-to-surface missiles with a range of about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles), capable of reaching Israel and U.S. military bases in the region
|Iran Currency||Iranian rial|
|Iran President||Hassan Rouhani|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI to give Rs. 28,000 crore to Government as interim dividend
- The Reserve Bank has announced that it will transfer an interim surplus of 28,000 crore rupees to the central government for the half-year ended 31st December 2018
- With this interim transfer, the government will get a total Rs. 68,000 crore from the central bank in the current fiscal. The RBI had transferred Rs. 40,000 crore to the government in August 2018.
- This will be the highest receipt from RBI in a single financial year for the government, exceeding the Rs 65,896 crore it received in FY16 and Rs 40,659 crore in FY18.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
RBI Deputy Governor
|BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sandeep Mohan Bhatnagar and Ashok Kumar Pandey appointed as CBIC members
- Senior IRS officers Sandeep Mohan Bhatnagar and Ashok Kumar Pandey have been appointed as members in the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC),
- Pandey is a 1983-batch Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) officer, while Bhatnagar a 1984-batch IRS officer
- The CBIC board is headed by a chairman and can have a maximum of six members.
|CBIC Headquarters||New Delhi|
|CBIC Chairman||S. Ramesh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
De Goede and Van Dorenwon 2018 FIH world’s best players award
- Netherlands’ Eva de Goede and Arthur Van Doren of Belgium were named as the International Hockey Federation’s (FIH) Players of the Year for 2018.
- De Goede, 29, was named the Female Player of the Year, world champions Belgium’s Van Doren, 24, was picked up as the Male Player of the Year for a second consecutive time.
|Vincent Vanash(Belgium)||Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year|
|MaddieHinch (England)||Female Goalkeeper of the Year|
|Arthur de Sloover (Belgium)||Male Rising Star of the Year|
|Shane McLeod (Belgium)||Male Coach of the Year|
|Alyson Annan (Netherland)||Female Coach of the Year|
|Michelle Meister (Germany)||Female Umpire of the Year|
|MarcinGrochal (Poland)||Male Umpire of the Year|
|Luciana Von Der (Argentine)||Emerging women player|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
4th Agri Leadership Summit held at Sonipat in Haryana
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the 4th Agri Leadership Summit at the proposed International Fruit and Vegetable Terminus in Ganaur, district Sonipat in Haryana
- The theme of the summit is “Entrepreneurship &Agri Business; Agri Allied – A Promising Sector and Agri Service- Direct Marketing”
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the closing ceremony of the Summit. He also presented the Haryana Kisaan Ratna Puraskaar and the Haryana Krishi Ratna Puraskaar.
|Haryana Chief Minister||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Haryana Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Indian Oil Corporation signed USD 1.5 billion deal to buy US crude oil
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has signed an annual deal worth USD 1.5 billion to import 3 million tonnes of crude oil in the fiscal year beginning April 1.
- This is the first time Indian refiner has signed an annual contract since the country in 2017 began importing crude oil from the US.
- India first imported US crude oil in October 2017, and since then oil firms have been buying oil from that country on a tender basis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Israel to launch its first moon mission
- Israel is to launch its first moon mission, sending an unmanned spacecraft to collect data to be shared with NASA
- The 585-kilogramBeresheet spacecraft is to lift off atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Mission control will be in Yehud, near Tel Aviv.
- The $100-million project will measure the lunar magnetic field to help understanding of the moon’s formation
|Israel Currency||Israeli new shekel|
|Israel President||Benjamin Netanyahu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mary Kom named as brand ambassador of PUMA
- Six-time world women boxing champion MC Mary Kom was named as a brand ambassador for global sportswear giant PUMA for a two-year period.
- Mary Kom is now PUMA India’s new ambassador for their women’s training category and will be representing the brand in marketing campaigns.
- She will lead PUMA’s #DoYou conversation that aims to motivate women across the nation to be strong and accomplish their goals
/ 5. Reviews