Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Osteoporosis Day
- World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on October 20th, and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease.
- Organized by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), the World Osteoporosis Day campaign is accompanied by community events and local campaigns by national osteoporosis patient societies from around the world with activities in over 90 countries.
|Theme 2019||“THAT’S OSTEOPOROSIS”.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Odisha’s biggest trade fair to begin on Nov 12
- Baliyatra, one of the biggest trade fairs of Odisha, is scheduled to begin on November 12. The trade fair will continue for eight days.
- This year’s Baliyatra will be jointly organized by the Cuttack District Administration, District Cultural Council, and the Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC).
|Odisha CM||Naveen Patnaik|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
These 20 Countries Will Dominate Global Growth in 2024
- Bloomberg, based on the data of the International Monetary Fund has named 20 Countries that Will Dominate Global Growth in 2024. China is on top with 28.3% while India is on second with 15.5% share in global growth.
- United States is on third with 9.2% share in global growth. The data are based on Purchasing Power Parity.
- The share of the remaining 17 countries in the growth is 21.5%. Some are: Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Germany, Turkey, Japan and Egypt.
No charges on digital payments made to large business establishments from 1 Nov
- Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman has announced that system providers will not impose charges or Merchant Discount Rate on customers as well as merchants on digital payments made to establishments having a turnover in excess of Rs 50 crore from November 1.
- For this, amendments have been made in the income tax act as well as in the Payment and Settlement Systems Act 2007.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Indonesia’s President JokoWidodo sworn in for final term
- Indonesia’s President JokoWidodo has been sworn into office for his second and final five-year term.
- Widodo, popularly known as Jokowi, took oath at a ceremony in the capital, Jakarta, attended by politicians and foreign dignitaries.
- 76-year-old vice president Maruf Amin, who replaces Widodo’s vice president in his first term, JusufKalla.
|Indonesia Currency||Indonesian rupiah|
Indian Banks Association elects Rajnish Kumar as chairman
- SBI’s head Rajnish Kumar has been elected as the chairman of the banking industry lobby Indian Banks Association for fiscal 2019-20.
- The body, which represents banks’ interests with the government and regulators, said it has three top bankers from various lenders as its deputy chairmen.
- An official statement said these include Union Bank of India G RajkiranRai, S SMallikarjunaRao of Punjab National Bank and MadhavKalyan JP Morgan Chase Bank.
Upender Singh Rawat concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Nicaragua
- A 1998-batch IFS officer Upender Singh Rawat was appointed as India’s next Ambassador tothe Republic of Nicaragua
- Rawatcurrently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Panama. He will be succeedingYogeshwarVarma
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Vice President presents ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ to former Attorney General K Parasaran
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu today presented ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ to legal luminary, scholar and former Attorney General of India, K. Parasaran at the India International Centre in New Delhi.
- Parasaran was honoured with the award on the occasion of the Elder’s Day celebration of Age Care India, an organization working for the welfare of the elderly.
- The 92-year-old Parasaran was honored for his exceptional contribution to the field of law and justice.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOURS
PM Modi releases book titled ‘Bridgital Nation’
- Prime Minister ShriNarendraModi unveiled the book titled “Bridgital Nation: Solving Technology’s People Problem”.
- The book has been authored by Chairman, Tata Sons, N Chandrasekaran and RoopaPurushothaman.
- Eminent industrialist and philanthropist Ratan Tata was present on the occasion among others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India-Myanmar Naval Exercise commence onboard INS Ranvijay
- The opening ceremony of the second edition of ‘India Myanmar Naval Exercise’ IMNEX-2019 was conducted onboard INS Ranvijay.
- The harbour phase of IMNEX-19 scheduled till October 20 includes visits to Indian Naval units, training and maintenance facility at Visakhapatnam.
- During Sea Phase scheduled from October 20 to 22, INS Ranvijay, a guided-missile destroyer and INS Kuthar, a missile corvette will be carrying out a joint exercise with Myanmar ships UMS Sin Phyu Shin, a frigate and UMS Tabinshweti, a corvette in the Bay of Bengal.
- The joint exercise will encompass a variety of operations including anti-air and surface firing exercises, flying exercises using integral helicopter and seamanship evolutions at sea.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Nasa astronauts complete first ever all-female spacewalk
- Two Nasa astronauts have embarked on the first all-female space walk in a historic first.
- Christina Koch and Jessica Meir floated feet-first out of the International Space Station’s (ISS), tasked with replacing a failed power control unit.
- The spacewalk, known as an extra-vehicular activity (EVA) in astronaut jargon, took place seven months after the original planned date for an all-female outing, which had to be scrapped because the ISS had only one medium-sized spacesuit on board. The agency sent up a second medium spacesuit in October.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Bengal Warriors beats Dabang Delhi, lifts maiden Pro Kabaddi title
- Bengal Warriors has won the Pro Kabaddi League title 2019 by defeating Dabang Delhi 39-34.
- The finals was held in EKA Arena by TransStadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- PardeepNarwal became the first ever player to reach 1000 points in the Pro Kabaddi League.
PrithviSekhar wins gold in World Deaf Tennis Championship
- PrithviSekhar beat third seed JaroslavSmedek of the Czech Republic 6-4, 6-3 in the men’s final of the World Deaf tennis championship in Antalya, Turkey.
- It was a dominant performance from the 26-year-old Prithvi, who is trained in Chennai by coachSureshkumarSonachalam.
- Prithvi had also won the doubles bronze medal with PrashanthDasharathHarsambhavi.
- It has been a memorable season for Prithvi as he was part of the Indian Railways team which won the gold in the World Railways tennis championship in Albena, Bulgaria.
7th International Military World Games underway in Wuhan
- 7th International Military Sports Council Military World Games is underway in China’s Wuhan. 54 players form Indian armed forces contingent went to Wuhan to participate.
- More than 9000 soldiers are participating from over 100 countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS : OBITUARIES
Veteran writer K B Siddaiah passed away
- Sociopolitical philosopher and writer KB Siddaiah has passed away
- Siddaiah was one of the founder members of DalithaSangharshaSamithi (DSS) during the 80s and co-authoured many songs to inspire the movement.
- His works — Daklakatha Devi, Bakala, Anathma and Gallebani — were continental poetry which was difficult for readers in general to digest.
Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd passed away
- Mark Hurd, who until last month was the co-CEO of software giant Oracle, has passed away
- Hurd had taken a leave of absence last month to focus on his health.
- Hurd joined Oracle nine years ago, after spending five years with Hewlett-Packard, where he was CEO, president and, ultimately, board chairman