Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Telangana to give ₹25 lakh each to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao announced ₹25 lakh assistance to families of each of the 40 CRPF jawans martyred in the Pulwama terror attack.
- The Assembly and Council adopted a resolution condemning the attack and expressing sympathy with the families and martyrs.
|Telangana Chief Minister||K. Chandrashekar Rao|
|Telangana Governor||E. S. L. Narasimhan|
Odisha to provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girl students
- Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik announced his Government’s decision to launch a scheme under which sanitary napkins will be provided free of cost to girl students of government and government-aided schools in the state.
- The scheme called Khushi will benefit 17 lakh girl students from Class VI to XII.
- In addition to this, the state government will also expand social marketing of sanitary napkins for women and girls in the community at subsidised rate
|OdishaChief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
|Odisha Governor||Ganeshi Lal|
Punjab to build Jallianwala memorial with soil from its 13k villages
- To commemorate 100 years of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
- Punjab government has decided to build a memorial in Amritsar with soil from all 13,000 villages of the state.
- The memorial is being built to “eulogize the immense contribution of Punjabis in the national freedom struggle”.
- The spot for the memorial is yet to be identified.
|Punjab Chief Minister||Amarinder Singh|
|Punjab Governor||V P Singh Badnore|
Maharashtra government sets up transgender welfare board
- The Maharashtra government has formed a Transgender Welfare Board to provide formal education, employment opportunities, conduct health programmes and give legal help to the community.
- Eligible third gender students would be provided hostel accommodation under the Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Scheme.
- Under this scheme, Rs 48000-60000 would be given as scholarship annually.
- The board would implement skill development programmes to help educated transgenders get jobs.
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IIT-M ties up with THSTI to address public health issues
- IIT-Madras has entered into an agreement with Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), an autonomous institute of Department of Biotechnology, to address public health issues and predict adverse pregnancy outcomes using technology.
- A research collaboration agreement was signed during a conclave held here on ‘Transforming Maternal and Child Healthcare Using Data Science’.
- The objective is to apply advanced analytical approach for prediction of adverse pregnancy outcomes, evaluate maternal and childhood consequences of exposure to environmental pollutants, among others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
PV Sindhu becomes first woman to co-pilot Made-In-India Tejas at Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru
- Ace shuttler PV Sindhu flew in the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, at the Aero India 2019 air show in Bengaluru.
- Ms Sindhu, who is among the youngest to co-pilot the HAL-manufactured fighter jet, waved as she climbed into the two-seater trainer variant of the aircraft.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SpaceX launches world’s 1st private Moon lander for Israel
- Elon Musk-led aerospace startupSpaceX deployed Israel’s first Moon lander mission aboard its Falcon 9 rocket, making it the world’s first such fully-private mission.
- ‘Beresheet’ (Hebrew for ‘in the beginning’) is set to land on the Moon on April 11.
- If successful, Israel will become only the fourth nation to have achieved a controlled touchdown on the Moon.
|Israel Currency||Israeli new shekel|
|Israel Prime Minister||Benjamin Netanyahu|
NASA launches website to check daily weather on Mars
- NASA has launched a website to share the daily weather report of Mars with its temperature, atmospheric pressure and wind speed collected by the InSight lander.
- Temperature on Mars regularly drops below -90°C and rarely rises above -9°C, the data revealed.
|NASA Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|NASA Head||Jim Bridenstine|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ishan Kishan becomes first Indian wicket keeper-captain to score T20 century
- Jharkhand batsman IshanKishan became the first Indian wicketkeeper-captain to score a century in T20 format.
- The left-handed batsman achieved the milestone in Jharkhand’s 2nd Syed Mushtaq Ali fixture against Jammu and Kashmir.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Sitting LokSabha member from AIADMK Rajendran dies in road accident
- In Tamil Nadu, the sitting LokSabha member from AIADMK, Rajendran died in a road accident.
- He represented Villupuram constituency.
- While being on the way to Chennai, the driver of the car is said to have lost control near Tindivanam, leading to the accident.
- State Minister CV Shanmugam and party cadres paid homage.
Telugu film director Kodi Ramakrishna dies at 69
- Veteran Telugu film director Kodi Ramakrishna, who gave several hits to Chiranjeevi, Balakrishna and other leading heroes, passed away. He was 69.
- Born at Palakollu in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, Ramakrishna made his debut in 1992 with ‘IntloRamaiah- Veedhilo Krishnaiah’ starring Chiranjeevi.
- He went on to direct more than 100 films in varied genres in a career spanning about three decades.
/ 5. Reviews