Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Meteorological Day
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23rd March every year to attract attention towards weather and climate for safety and well being of the society.
- On 23rd March, 1950, World Meteorological Organisation came into force.
- The theme chosen for this day reflects topical weather, climate or water-related issues.
|Theme 2019||‘The Sun, the Earth and the Weather’|
Marty’s Day (Shaheed Diwas)
- Every year, 23 March is observed as ‘Shaheedi Diwas’ in the memories of three freedom fighters – Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev.
- The three freedom fighter, were hanged to death on thisday in Lahore Central Jail in 1931.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-funded educational campus inaugurated in Nepal
- Educational campus constructed with Government of India’s financial grant of 35.5 million Nepalese rupees was inaugurated in Nepal.
- The newly built Siddheshwar Education Public Campus will not only boost the learning environment of students but also enhance access to education to needy, poor and marginalized students of Ramechhap District and adjoining area.
- As part of the Development Partnership Programme, the Government of India is providing assistance to institutions at all levels from primary schools to universities in Nepal.
|President||Bidya Devi Bhandari|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Indian Bank – carrying ‘Your Own Bank’ tag with utmost pride!
- Indian Bank, with over 9400 touch points across the country, has crossed the milestone business level of Rs. 4.00 lakh crore
- The Bank has featured in the most trusted brands in the Public Sector Bank category and has been acknowledged as India’s Best Bank.
- It has many ‘Firsts’ to its credit when it comes to merging banking and technology for better, safer and more convenient solutions.
- The Bank was the first to migrate from Total Bank Computerization (TBC) to 100% Core Banking Solutions (CBS). Installing the first ATM by any public sector bank in 1989, installing the first drive-in ATM of the country during 1990, introducing the first ever voice-guided biometric ATM in 2007 to name a few.
- The Bank launched an industry-first mobile app to block and manage limits of debit card and credit card, the ‘IB Smart Remote’.
- Because of these factors, carrying the tag ‘Your Own Bank’, the Bank is looked upon with pride in India.
- On 9th March 2019, the Bank celebrated ‘International Women’s Day’and felicitated twelve women achievers. On that day, the Bank also launched ‘IB- Surabhi’, a Savings bank Account exclusively for women.
|Indian Bank CEO||Padmaja Chunduru|
|Tagline||Your Tech-friendly bank|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
NSEIT acquires global cybersecurity company Aujas
- NSEIT, the IT-services focused subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange has acquired Aujas Networks Ltd. a company which provides information security consulting and IT risk management services.
- The combination with Aujas helps us offer next generation cybersecurity services and platforms to address emerging security threats.
- NSEIT and Aujas will focus on offering market leading solutions to customers globally. Aujas is a perfect fit due to its expertise in cybersecurity transformation services, strong team, and global customers.
- NSEIT currently provides technology solutions across industries such as capital markets, financial markets, banking and insurance.
|National Stock Exchange (NSE)|
|NSE CEO||Vikram Limaye|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
MG Motor signs Benedict Cumberbatch as India brand ambassador
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch was appointed as the brand ambassador of Morris Garages (MG Motors) for its India operation.
- MG Motors is expected to launch its first car—a sports utility vehicle named Hector—in 2019.
- MG Motor India will manufacture vehicles at its Halol plant, which has a capacity of 80,000 units per annum.
Tata Coffee appoints Chacko Purackal Thomas as MD and CEO
- Tata Coffee announced the appointment of Chacko Purackal Thomas as the managing director and chief executive officer.
- He will replace Sanjiv Sarin, who retires on 31 March. He will assume the charge from April 1, 2019.
- Thomas, currently working as the executive director and deputy CEO of the Tata Group firm.
Tim Stone appointed as CFO of Ford
- American multinational automaker Ford has named 20-year Amazon veteran Tim Stone as its next Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the first external hire in around 70 years.
- Ford’s present CFO Bob Shanks will retire at the end of 2019 after having served for around 42 years.
- Stone had served various roles at Amazon, before joining Snap as CFO in May 2018.
Vice Admiral Karambir Singh to be next Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed the next Navy Chief, becomes the first helicopter pilot to occupy the office. Singh will succeed Admiral Sunil Lanba who retires on May 31.
- Presently he is serving as the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief of the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- An alumnus of National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Singh had commissioned into the Indian Navy in July 1980.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Air Force to participate in LIMA 2019
- Indian Air Force will participate in Langkawi International Maritime Aero Expo (LIMA 2019) scheduled to be held in Langkawi, Malaysia from March 26 to 30th 2019.
- This will be for first time, IAF is participating in LIMA expo and will showcase its indigenously developed LCA Tejas fighter aircraft.
- IAF contingent will be represented by two LCA, one C-130J and one IL-76 aircrafts along with 27 officers, 42 air-warriors and 11 HAL personnel.
- Participation of IAF in LIMA-2019 will provide an opportunity to air-warriors to interact with their Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) counterparts and foster close relationship between the two services.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Pakistan to receive $ 2.1 billion loan from China
- Pakistan will receive a loan worth 15 billion yuan from China by next week.
- The loan facility will further strengthen foreign exchange reserves and ensure balance of payment stability.
- Pakistan has already secured a bailout package worth $6 billion from Saudi Arabia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APP
CBSE launched new ‘Shiksha Vani’ app
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched a new podcast app ‘Shiksha Vani’ to upload podcast on Class 10, 12 exam evaluation process.
- This app will disseminate crucial information to students and parents in a timely manner.
- Its first episode, on the evaluation process of Class 10 and 12 board examinations, has been released on the platform.
- This episode is helpful for all the students, as when the examinations proceed, the episode helps students understand how their completed papers will be evaluated.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS
Book ‘The Great Disappointment’ authored by Salman Anees Soz
- The Great Disappointment: How Narendra Modi Squandered A Unique Opportunity to Transform the Indian Economy’book released by economic commentator and Congress member Salman Anees Soz.
- This book is the evaluation of P.M Modi’s impact on Indian economy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
India defeats Nepal to win SAFF Women’s Championship for fifth time
- In football, India has clinched the SAFF (South Asian Football Federation) Women’s Championship for the fifth time in a row, defeating hosts Nepal 3-1 in the final at Biratnagar.
- This was India’s 23rd straight victory in the championship since its inception in 2010.
- In this match, for India goals were score by Dalmia Chhibber (26th minute), Grace Dengmei (63rd minute) and Anju Tamang (76th minute). For Nepal single goal was score by Sabitra Bhandari at 33rd minute.
- So far India has won every edition of this tournament (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019), beating Nepal four times ((2010, 2012, 2014, 2019) and Bangladesh once (2016) in the final.
Ex-Ecuador football chief Luis Chiriboga receives life ban
- FIFA slapped a lifetime ban on the disgraced former head of Ecuador’s football federation, Luis Chiriboga, after finding him guilty of taking bribes.
- Chiriboga was one of the executives arrested in 2015 amid a massive US-led crackdown on corruption in world football.
- After finding him guilty, FIFA’s ethics judges banned Chiriboga from all football-related activities for life and fined him 1 million Swiss francs.
- Chiriboga led Ecuador’s football federation for 18 years before his arrest.
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Renowned Indian artist Haku Shah passed away
- Renowned Indian artist Haku Shah passed away at the age of 85 years. He was known for his themes of tribal and folk art.
- He was popularly known as Haku bhai. He was the one who set up the first of its kind Crafts Village – Shilpgram in Udaipur in Rajasthan in the 1980s.
Karnataka Minister C S Shivalli passed away
- Karnataka Municipalities Minister C S Shivalli passed away in Hubballi.
- Shivalli was elected thrice from Kundgol constituency in Dharwad district.