Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
Central Excise Day
- Central Excise Day is commemorated every year all across the India on 24th of February to encourage the employees of excise department
- And also to carry out the central excise duty all over the India in better way in order to prevent the corruption in goods manufacturing business as well as implement other rules to carry out best possible excise services.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi dedicates ‘National War Memorial’ to nation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the National War Memorial near India Gate in New Delhi.
- The memorial honour soldiers who have laid down their lives in the service for the country since Independence.
- More than 25,000 soldiers of the Indian Armed Forces have made the supreme sacrifice to defend the country’s sovereignty and integrity.
|Chief of Indian Army||Bipin Rawat|
|Vice Chief of Indian Army||Devraj Anbu|
Union Minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey launches national programme to eliminate viral hepatitis
- Union minister Ashwini Kumar Choubey launched a national programme aimed at eliminating viral hepatitis, recognized as an important public health problem.
- The minister of state for health launched the National Action Plan – Viral Hepatitis at Mumbai in presence of Amitabh Bachchan, the goodwill ambassador for hepatitis, WHO South-East Asia Region.
|Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare||Ashwini Kumar Choubey|
India to attend OIC meet for first time
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has been invited to deliver an address at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in Abu Dhabi next month.
- This is the first time that a leader of the non-Muslim country has been invited to the OIC conference.
- Swaraj will be the Guest of Honour and address the inaugural plenary of the 46th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of OIC on the 1st and 2nd of next month.
|Minister of External Affairs of India||SushmaSwaraj|
|Constituency||Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Bihar 1st state to deploy dog squad to check liquor smuggling
- Bihar has become the first state in the country to have raised a special dog squad to detect liquor consignment.
- As many as 20 liquor-tracker dogs which were imparted training for nine months in Hyderabad have been deployed in nine police ranges in the state.
- Notably, Bihar had banned liquor in the state in 2016.
|Bihar Chief Minister||Nitish Kumar|
Maharashtra government hikes bonus for paddy farmers to ₹500 per quintal
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis increased the bonus for paddy cultivation from ₹200 to ₹500 per quintal.
- Fadnavis also waived annual lease for fishing in ponds up to 500 hectares of area.
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
Odisha government launches boat ambulance service for remote areas
- The Odisha government has launched a boat ambulance service to ferry patients to hospitals in remote areas at a cost ofRs 5.40 crore.
- Six boat ambulances, being added to the road fleet for now, will be part of the ‘108’ ambulance service.
- Two boat ambulances each have been sanctioned for Malkangiri and Kendrapara districts, and one each for Koraput and Kalahandi
|OdishaChief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
ICICI Lombard ties up with AnyTimeLoan.in
- ICICI Lombard, a private general insurer, has entered into a strategic tie-up with AnyTimeLoan.in (ATL), a peer-to-peer lending platform, to provide insurance cover for the latter’s lenders and borrowers.
- The partnership aims to de-risk exposure of its lenders and borrowers arising from uncertainties such as accidents, critical illness, death, disability, loss of job among others.
- ICICI Lombard will offer its proprietary policies – Group Secure Mind and Group Personal Accident – to the customers of AnyTimeLoan.in.
- This will cover the borrowers of all types of loans facilitated on AnyTimeLoan.in, with minimum policy term of one year to a maximum of three years.
- The insurance cover for the lenders comes with free premium for the first year on a complimentary basis, as ATL will absorb this cost on behalf of the beneficiaries.
|ICICI Lombard Headquarters||Mumbai|
|ICICI Lombard CEO||Bhargav Dasgupta|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Saudi Arabia appoints its 1st female ambassador to United States
- Saudi Arabia has named Princess Reema bint Bandar as its first female ambassador to the United States.
- Bandar, the daughter of a former long-time ambassador to the US, replaced Prince Khalid bin Salman, the younger brother of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- She has been a leading advocate of female empowerment in the kingdom.
|Saudi Arabia Capital||Riyadh|
|Saudi Arabia Currency||Riyal|
|Saudi Arabia King||Salman of Saudi Arabia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sri Lanka first ever Asian team to win Test series in South Africa
- Sri Lanka became the first Asian side to win a Test series in South Africa.
- Chasing a target of 197, Sri Lanka had a 137-run deficit to deal with at the start of Day 3 with eight wickets in hand.
- KusalMendis and Oshada Fernando ensured that the visitors don’t lose any more wickets.
- They won the Test by eight wickets and thus sealed the series 2-0. It also ended South Africa’s run of seven consecutive series wins at home.
Manpreet Pawar named Player of the Year 2018 by Asia Hockey
- Indian hockey player Manpreet Pawar was named as the Male Player of the Year 2018 by the Asian Hockey Federation.
- The Indian women’s team striker Lalremsiami bagged the Rising Player of The Year prize.
- The Indian men’s team was awarded the Best Performance of The Year after being the only Asian side to reach the World Cup’s top-eight in Bhubaneswar.
|Asian Hockey Federation Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Asian Hockey Federation President||Abdullah of Pahang|
21-year-old Mayank Markande becomes India’s 79th T20I cricketer
- Leg-spinner Mayank Markande became the 79th cricketer to represent India in T20I cricket, achieving the feat against Australia in the first T20I at Visakhapatnam.
- Markande, who plays for Punjab in domestic circuit and Mumbai Indians in IPL, has taken 99 wickets in 47 professional matches across formats.
- Meanwhile, wicket eeper-batsman Peter Hand scomb is making his T20I debut for Australia.