Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
National Science Day
- National Science Day is celebrated across India on February 28.
- Famous Indian scientist Sir ChandrasekharaVenkata Raman or CV Raman discovered the Raman Effect on this day in 1928.
- For his discovery, Sir CV Raman was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930. In honour of this discovery and as a mark of tribute to the scientist, National Science Day was marked for the first time on February 28, 1987.
|Theme 2019||Science for people and people for science|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Assam launched PRANAM Commission to protect parents of government employees
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the PRANAM Commission, a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill, for protection of parents of state government employees.
- The Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) is an effort to protect elderly parents of government employees in their times of need.
|Assam Chief Minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Assam Governor||Jagdish Mukhi|
Bihar government approved 10 % quota for weaker sections in general category
- Bihar government has approved 10 percent quota for weaker sections in general category in jobs and educational institutions.
- The reservation is meant for individuals whose annual income is below 8 lakh rupees and who possess less than 5 acres of agriculture land
- Other states which are implemented the reservation Bill – Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and Assam
- Parliament recently passed the Constitution (124th Amendment) Bill, 2019, approving 10 per cent reservation for the economically weaker section in general category
|Bihar Chief Minister||Nitish Kumar|
|Bihar Governor||Lalji Tandon|
Odisha cabinet approved State Film Policy 2019
- With an aim to promote Odia films and create an conducive eco-system for production of films in the region, the state government rolled out Odisha State Film Policy-2019
- The policy will promote quality Odia films, facilitate film tourism in the state, establish Odisha as a destination for film shooting and improve screen density in the state
- To encourage filmmakers to shoot in Odisha, a subsidy uptoRs. 2.5 crore will be provided to English/Hindi/International/other language films that promote Odisha, it’s culture, heritage, tourist destinations
|OdishaChief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
Andhra Pradesh gets new railway zone called ‘South Coast Railway’ in Vishakhapatnam
- Indian Railways will be making a new zone in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh named ‘South Coast Railway’, Railway Minister PiyushGoyal.
- The present divisions, including Guntakal, Guntur and Vijaywada and Waltair division will be split into two and will have the headquarter at South Coast Railway.
- Goyal added that a part of the Waltair division will be converted into a new division with its headquarter at Rayagada, Odisha.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Amaravati|
|Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister||N. Chandrababu Naidu|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||E. S. L. Narasimhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
DCB Bank launches Open Banking for gen-next banking solutions
- DCB Bank announced the launch of its Open Banking Platform as part of efforts towards creating a collaborative ecosystem with enterprises, fintechs and app developers, and enhancing customer-service delivery.
- Over 20 start-ups, fintechs, merchants, enterprises and developers will partner with DCB Bank for access to its Open Banking Platform APIs as well as collaboration on innovation and customer centric products.
|DCB Bank Headquarters||Maharashtra|
|DCB Bank CEO||Murali M. Natrajan|
|DCB Bank Tagline||We Value You|
IDBI Bank, LIC ink bancassurance pact
- IDBI Bank will now have to offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches
- IDBI Bank and Life Insurance Corporation of India have signed a bancassurance agreement under which the lender will offer LIC’s insurance products at its branches.
- IDBI Bank as a corporate agent of LIC would get a window to provide LIC’s entire gamut of insurance offerings to the bank’s 1.80-crore customer base spread over 1,800 branches across the country.
|IDBI Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|IDBI Bank MD and CEO||B Sriram|
|IDBI Bank Tagline||Banking For All, AaoSocheinBada.|
ICICI Bank introduces super-premium credit card Emeralde
- ICICI Bank has launched a super-premium credit card, the ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, in two variants – American Express and Mastercard.
- The Emeralde Credit Card is targeted at salaried customers with a minimum income of Rs 3 lakh a month and self-employed customers with an annual income tax return of at least Rs 30 lakh.
|ICICI Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|ICICI Bank MD and CEO||SandeepBakhshi|
|ICICI Bank Tagline||Hum Hain Na!|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to launch defence satellite ‘Emisat’ in March for DRDO
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has said that the agency is set to launch an electronic intelligence satellite ‘Emisat’ for the DRDO in March.
- ISRO will also launch 28 third-party satellites and will demonstrate its new technologies like three different orbits with a new variant of ‘Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle’ rocket in March.
|ISRO Chairman||Kailasavadivoo Sivan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT
First woman four-star admiral in US Navy added to IBM board
- Retired Admiral Michelle J Howard, who was the first woman to become a four-star admiral in the US Navy, has been elected to IBM’s Board of Directors.
- The now 58-year-old became the first African-American woman to command a US Navy ship in 1999.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS
Venkaiah Naidu Released Dr H.Chaturvedi’s Book on ‘Quality, Accreditation & Ranking in New Delhi
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu released Dr H Chaturvedi’s edited book titled “Quality, Accreditation & Ranking – A Silent Revolution in the Offing in Indian Higher Education” in New Delhi.
- The Book has been published by the Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt Ltd.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Gayle 1st batsman in the world to smash 500 sixes in int’l cricket
- Windies’ 39-year-old opener Chris Gayle has become the first ever batsman to smash 500 sixes in international cricket and the second batsman to slam 300 ODI sixes.
- Gayle smashed 14 sixes during his 97-ball 162-run knock against England in fourth ODI to reach 506 international sixes.
- He has hit 98 sixes in Tests, 305 in ODIs and 103 in T20Is.
/ 5. Reviews