Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India announces $400 million line of credit for infrastructure in Sri Lanka
- India has announced a line of credit of $400 million for development projects in Sri Lanka and a $50 million fund to fight terrorism on marking Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s two-day visit to the country.
- This is Rajapaksa’s first foreign visit after taking over as President of Sri Lanka on November 18 after winning a keenly fought national election.
- The two leaders had decided to utilise the $100 million credit line earlier announced for setting up solar projects in the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
20th Edition of Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland
- The much-awaited festival, the Hornbill Festival began with a colourful blend of culture and tradition with a modern twist at Naga Heritage Kisama in Nagaland. This is the 20th edition of Hornbill Festival.
- The festival organised by Nagaland Government is an annual tourism promotional event to showcase the state’s traditional and rich cultural heritage in all its ethnicity, diversity and grandeur.
- Highlights of the ceremony include a colourful display of Naga Culture themed as “Colours of Nagaland.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Merger of three RRBs to form Baroda UP Bank
- Three regional rural public sector banks – Baroda Uttar Pradesh Grameen Bank, Kashi Gomti Samyut Gramin Bank and Purvanchal Bank will be amalgamated on April 1, 2020 into a single regional rural bank which will be called Baroda UP Bank.
- The headquarters of the Baroda UP Bank will be in Gorakhpur under the sponsorship of Bank of Baroda according to the notification. Bank of Baroda is the sponsor of Baroda Uttar Pradesh Grameen Bank, Union Bank of India is the sponsor of Kashi Gomti Samyut Gramin Bank while the State Bank of India is the sponsor of Purvanchal Bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Malayalam poet Akkitham wins 55th Jnanpith award
- Eminent Malayalam poet Akkitham has been chosen for the 55th Jnanpith Award.
- The Jnanpith Selection Board has announced the recipient of the 55th Jnanpith Award for the year 2019.
- Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri, popularly known as Akkitham is one of the most revered names in Malayalam poetry. Apart from poetry, his literary excellence has footprints in genres like drama, reminiscence, critical essays, children literature, short stories and translation.
- Akkitham has authored 55 books out of which 45 are collections of poems including “Khanda Kavyas”, “Katha Kavyas”, “Charitha Kavyas” and songs. Some of his celebrated creations include “Veeravadam”, “Balidarsanam”, “Nimisha Kshethram”, “Amrita Khatika”, “Akkitham Kavithaka”, “Epic of Twentieth Century” and “Antimahakalam”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Soma Roy Burman takes charge as new Controller General of Accounts
- Soma Roy Burman took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts, CGA.
- She is the 24th CGA and the seventh woman to hold this coveted position. She took over from J P S Chawla.
- Prior to assuming the charge of CGA, Burman served as Additional Controller General of Accounts in the office of the CGA.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
HRD Ministry Launches 3 Children Books -Kumbh, Garam Pahad And Dilli Ki Bulbul (Sindhi Edition) Penned By Dr. Anita Bhatnagar Jain
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishankhas launched 3 books for children namely Kumbh, Garam Pahad, and Dilli ki Bulbul (Sindhi edition)in New Delhi.
- The 3 books, penned by Anita BhatnagarJain (Indian Administrative Services (IAS-1985 batch), are a collection of stories for children and have documented the environmental issues & topics like socio-cultural unity, cultural heritage along with the message of save environment in a very lucid manner.
- National Book Trusthas been published the Kumbh (Green Stories) and Garam Pahad. Kumbh is a collection of 3 stories (Garam Pahad, Son Chiraiya Talab and Polythene Ki Pralay).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Joint military exercise ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ between India and Nepal will be conducted at Salijhandi
- Joint military exercise ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ between India and Nepal will be conducted at Salijhandi, Rupendehi district of Nepal from 03 to 16 December 2019.
- The exercise will comprise of 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal Army who would be sharing their experience in conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations as also various humanitarian assistance missions by both the Armies.
- Exercise SURYA KIRAN – XIV is an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Nepal and India. Notably, in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct a Battalion level combined training between Indian Army and Nepal Army to increase interoperability in jungle warfare and counter terrorist operations in mountainous terrain, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, medical and environmental conservation including aviation aspects.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation which will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.
Indo Sri Lanka joint exercise MITRA SHAKTI
- The seventh edition of exercise MITRA SHAKTI aimed at enhancing interoperability and operational efficiency amongst the armies of India and Sri Lanka commenced at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- The objective of the exercise is to build and promote positive relations between armies of both the countries through focus on sub unit level training on counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in urban and rural environment.
- The joint training exercise also signifies the strength of India-Sri Lanka relations in the field of military cooperation and engagement.
- The exercise is designed for incorporating the current dynamics of United Nations peace keeping operations through practical and comprehensive discussions and tactical exercises.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India Corruption Survey-2019
- Andhra Pradesh ranked 13th in the ‘India Corruption Survey-2019’ conducted by Transparency International India. Compared to other states in the country, it can be said that AP is far better. Andhra Pradesh does not make a big difference to Delhi, where a corruption-free rules Kejriwal. The survey is an example of the level of corruption in the field after the response and the Grama Volunteer System. Telangana, another Telugu state, ranks fifth.
- Top 15 Corrupt States in India are as follows, Rajasthan, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Sports Ministry forms expert committee for reviewing National Sports Code draft
- The Ministry for Youth Affairs and Sports has decided to constitute an expert committee to review the National Sports Code draft for good governance.
- The committee will also be suggesting measures for making the code acceptable to all the stakeholders so that a balance is struck between autonomy of National Sports Federations (NSF).
- The experts will be reviewing the code vis-a-vis the present code and they will also be examining the comments received by the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and various NSFs related to the new draft.
- Justice Mukundakam Sharma (retd) will be the chairperson of the committee.
Third Edition of Khelo India Youth Games Logo Launched in Guwahati
- The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games-2020 Logo was launched in Guwahati by Shri Sarbanada Sonowal, Chief Minister of Assam in presence of Shri Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The Mascot, Jersey and Theme song of the event was also launched at Karmabir Nabin Chandra Bordoloi Indoor Stadium, Sarusajai.
- The Khelo India programme has been introduced to revive the sports culture in India at the grass-root level by building a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establish India as a great sporting nation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Renowned US rock climber Brad Gobright passes away
- One of the world’s most renowned rock climbers, Brad Gobright, passed away after falling off a mountain in Mexico.
- Brad Gobright, 31, fell roughly 1,000 feet to his death while descending the steep cliff face known as Sendero Luminoso in El Portero Chico, while his companion, fellow climber Aidan Jacobson, 26, survived after falling a shorter distance into a bush.
Japan’s Ex-Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone passes away
- Former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone passed away. He was 101.
- He served as Prime Minister of Japan and President of the Liberal Democratic Party from 1982 to 1987.