Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 to be held at Shillong
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), in association with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya will organize the 22ndNational Conference on e-Governance 2019 on 8-9th August, 2019 at Shillong, Meghalaya.
- This is the first time the event is being organized in North-Eastern region of the country.
- This Conference provides a platform to disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives to provide end-to-end Digital Services, exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
- The theme of this Conference is “Digital India: Success to Excellence”.
|Meghalaya CM||Conrad Sangma|
|Meghalaya Governor||Tathagata Roy|
WorldSkills Kazan 2019
- The 45th WorldSkills Competition will be held at the KAZAN EXPO International Exhibition Centre in Kazan, Russia in August 2019.
- Also referred as the ‘Olympics for Skills’, the event is scheduled in Kazan, Russia from 22nd to 27th August 2019.
- More than 1,500 competitors from 60 countries will compete in 55 skill competitions at this mega event. India will participate in 44 skills including mobile robotics, prototype modelling, hairdressing, baking, confectionary & patisserie, welding, brick laying, car painting, floristry among others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas &Steel Dharmendra Pradhan Launches Atal Community Innovation Centre
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas &Steel Dharmendra Pradhan launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) in New Delhi, to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level. This initiative aims to encourage the spirit of innovation through solution-driven design thinking to serve society.
- Atal Innovation Mission has a key role to perform in order to achieve the target of five trillion dollar economy by 2025.
- ACIC programme aims to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level in specific areas that lack the required infrastructure and facilitating innovation ecosystem.
- ACIC programme would focus in over 484 districts located in unserved/underserved regions of India.
- ACIC Program Director – Dr. Unnat Pandit
Mobile library service launched by Delhi Public Library
- Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel on flagged off a mobile library bus service which aims to reach out to readers in Delhi, especially those in slums, resettlement colonies and rural areas.
- The five-bus mobile library service was launched under the “Ghar Ghar Dastak Ghar Ghar Pustak” Scheme of the Delhi Public Library (DPL).
- According to the ministry, the buses have been procured under CSR (corporate social responsibility) assistance from the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- The minister also directed the DPL to maintain a special collection of books on eminent personalities which must be made available to the masses through the mobile library buses.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
10 historic monuments to be open from sunrise till 9 p.m
- The Culture MinistryUnion Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Patel has decided to keep 10 heritage sites open for public from sunrise to 9 pm.
- At present, gates of most monuments are closed for visitors by 6 pm.
- Apart from the Humayun’s Tomb and Safdarjung Tomb in Delhi, the extended timings will apply to Rajarani Temple in Bhubaneswar, Dulhadev Temple in Khajuraho, Shekh Chilli Tomb in Kurukshetra, Group of Monuments at Pattadakal in Karnataka, Gol Gumbaj in Karnataka, Group of Temples in Maharashtra (Markanda), Man Mahal in Uttar Pradesh (Varanasi) and Rani ki Baav in Paatan Gujarat.
- The change in timings will be effective for a period of three years.
India, UK launch clean air initiative -IfCA in Bengaluru
- India and UK have launched a joint initiative named Innovating for Clean Air (IfCA) that will provide its stakeholders an opportunity to test interventions related to air quality and EV integration. It was launched in Bengaluru.
- The programme is led by Innovate UK — part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) — and is funded by the Newton Fund. The key partners for the programme are the Indian Institute of Science, Enzen, Project Lithium, Confederation of Indian Industry, C40 Cities and Clean Air Platform.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, Russia sign Rs 1,500 crore deal for air-to-air missiles to be used by Su-30
- India has signed a deal worth around Rs 1,500 crore to acquire R-27 air-to-air missiles from Russia.
- It will be equipped on the Su-30MKI combat aircraft.
- The R-27 missile is a medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile developed by Russia for its MiG and Sukhoi series of fighter jets.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
India has received highest-ever FDI of $64.37 billion
- India received the highest-ever FDI inflow of $64.37 billion during the fiscal ended March 2019.
- According to the Annual Report 2018-19 of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), foreign direct investments (FDI) worth $286 billion were received in the country in past five year.
- Highlighting the importance of FDI, it said the foreign inflows bring in resources, the latest technology and best practices to push economic growth on to a higher trajectory.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Rajiv Kumar appointed as new Finance Secretary
- The Appointments Committtee of the Cabinet has approved the appoitment of Rajiv Kumar as the new Secretary of the Ministry of Finance.
- Kumar is the most senior official among the five Secretaries in the Ministry. As per the norm, the most senior IAS officer in the Ministry is designated as the Finance Secretary.
- He has replaced Subhash Chandra Garg was shunted out of the Ministry and posted as Secretary, Ministry of Power.
Economic Affairs secretary Atanu Chakraborty nominated on central board of RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) stated that Economic Affairs Secretary Atanu Chakraborty has been nominated on its central board.
- The central government has nominated Atanu Chakraborty, secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, New Delhi as a director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India vice Shri Subhash Chandra Garg.
- Shri Rajiv Kumar, the new Finance Secretary is also a Director on the Central Board of Directors of Reserve Bank of India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Founder of Cafe Coffee Day, V G Siddhartha passes away
- The founder of cafe chain Café Coffee Day V G Siddhartha has passed away as he committed suicide. He served as the Chairman and Managing Director of CCD.
- Non-Executive lndependent Director S.V. Ranganath has been named the interim chairman, Nitin Bagmane will be the interim COO.
Eminent economist Subir Gokarn passes away
- Eminent economist and former RBI deputy governor Subir Gokarn passed away.
- Gokarn was appointed as an executive director on the board of the IMF. He was appointed the deputy governor of the RBI in 2009 for a term of three years and had the distinction of being the youngest deputy governor at that time. He was also associated with Brooking’s India.