Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
National Nutrition Week
- National Nutrition Week is observed from 1st September to 7th September to provide knowledge among people about the importance of Nutrition and its importance for the human body, for better health.
|Theme 2019||Coconut for Family Wellness|
World Coconut Day
- World Coconut Day is observed on 2nd September every year to make people aware about the importance of this crop in poverty reduction.
- This day also commemorate the formation day of Asian Pacific Coconut Community (APCC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
EC launches Electors Verification Programme
- The Election Commission launched new mega Electors Verification Programme (EVP) across the country.
- The programme, which seeks to electoral rolls through crowdsourcing, will go on till 15th of October.
- Under the programme, a voter from each family will get a username and password, allowing a person to upload all documents related to electoral registration and tag similar details about his or her family members.
- These details will then be verified by block-level officers. It will be done by 36 CEOs at the state headquarters level, by 740 district electoral officers at the district level and by BLOs and electoral registration officers in around one million polling stations.
- The EVP programme can be effected both online and offline.
- On the occasion of the nationwide mega million launch of Electors Verification Programme, a special camp was held at Election Commission Headquarters in New Delhi.
|Chief Election Commissioner||Sunil Arora|
|Election Commissioner||Ashok Lavasa, Sushil Chandra|
|ECI Headquarters||New Delhi|
KVIC launched ‘Terracotta Grinder’ at Varanasi to re-use wasted pottery
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) launched a first ever ‘Terracotta Grinder’ at Sewapuri in Varanasi. This machine will grind the wasted and broken pottery items for re-using in pottery-making.
- This Terracotta grinder will make grinding of wasted pottery items faster than the traditional mortar and pestle. It will lessen the cost of production, and will also help in solving the problem of shortage of clays
- The grinder was designed by KVIC Chairman – Vinai Kumar Saxena and fabricated by a Rajkot-based engineering unit.
|Khadi and Village Industry Commission (KVIC)|
|KVIC Chairman||Vinai Kumar Saxena|
PrakashJavadekar Unveils New Logo, Certificate Design of CBFC
- Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting PrakashJavadekar unveiled the new logo and certificate design of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) at a function in Mumbai.
- The launch took place during a special interaction event between the film industry and board members
- The design was designed by designer RohitDevgun with technical support from National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)
- Introduction of a QR code in the new certificate design is in sync with the world of digital technology and will bring in greater transparency and provide information to filmmakers in a better way,
|Ministry of Information & Broadcasting|
|Constituency||RajyaSabha (Madhya Pradesh)|
Cultural event ‘Namaste pacific’ held in Delhi
- The High Commissions of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea jointly organised “Namaste Pacific”, event in Delhi
- The event was organized to showcase in India the culture of the Pacific countries.
- There was also showcase of the International Solar Alliance and Pollinate Energy based in Australia, Nepal and India, and solar lanterns from Barefoot College in Rajasthan
Harsh Vardhan inaugurates 72nd Session of WHO Regional Committee of South-East Asia meet
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan inaugurated a week-long meeting of WHO Regional Committee of South-East Asia in New Delhi
- Dr Harsh Vardhan was also unanimously elected as Chair of the 72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia.
- Eight Ministers of Health from the 11 countries of the WHO South East Asia Region (SEAR), SmtPreeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW), Dr PoonamKhetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO South-East Asia Region were also present at the inaugural session.
- This is the second time that India is hosting the Regional Committee meeting; the previous one was also hosted by India in New Delhi.
|World Health Organization (WHO)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Haryana government waives ₹4,750 croreinterest, penalty on crop loans
- Haryana Chief Minister ManoharLalKhattarannounced ₹4,750-crore interest and penalty waiver on crop loans taken from cooperative banks
- Around 10 lakh farmers, who had borrowed from Primary Agriculture Cooperative Societies (PACS), District Cooperative Central Banks (DCCB) and Land Mortgage Bank (LMB) — would be benefitted.
|Haryana Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
World Bank to fund pro-poor tourism development projects worth $57 mn
- World Bank will fund ‘pro-poor tourism’ (PPT) development projects worth more than $57 million in top tourist hotspots of Agra and Braj-Mathura regions in Uttar Pradesh.
- While the World Bank will incur 70% of the project cost, the remaining 30% will be borne by the UP government.
- According to UP tourism directorate, the World Bank and the union finance ministry have already signed loan and project agreements for the proposed PPT projects.
- Pro-poor tourism is a holistic tourism concept aimed at poverty alleviation in the periphery of selected tourism hubs through interventions pertaining to the economic, social and cultural aspects of the area.
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
India’s GDP growth rebound expected to be weaker: Fitch Solutions
- Fitch Solutions said as it trimmed GDP forecast for the current fiscal to 6.4 per cent from 6.8 per cent previously.
- India’s real GDP growth slumped further in Q1 of FY2019/20 (AprilMarch) to 5 per cent year-on-year, from 5.8 per cent in Q4 (January-March) FY2018/19 due mainly to a sharp slowdown in private consumption growth.
DBS lowers India’s FY20 GDP growth to 6.2%
- Singapore’s banking group DBS has revised India’s real GDP growth forecast downwards for the current financial year to 6.2 per cent from 6.8 per cent projected earlier.
- The resultant negative output gap will keep inflationary pressures in check. Expecting the trajectory to improve in FY21, the growth is likely to close in on 7 per cent with a 6.8 per cent growth pace.
|DBS bank MD & CEO||Piyush Gupta|
Edelweiss Group, Central Bank of India partner to co-lend to MSMEs
- ECL Finance, a subsidiary of Edelweiss Financial Services, and government-owned Central Bank of India have signed an agreement for priority sector lending to micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) customers.
- The partnership comes after the Reserve Bank of India announced a progressive co-origination policy in September last year, allowing banks and non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) to co-lend to a wider set of enterprise owners. This is the first such co-origination partnership of Central Bank of India with an NBFC.
- Last month, the Edelweiss group signed an agreement with Bank of Baroda for a strategic co-origination partnership. The partnership with Central Bank of India comes in quick succession at a time when access to credit is a crucial catalyst for the continued growth of the MSME segment.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Justice Harish Chandra Mishra appointed Acting Chief Justice of Jharkhand High Court
- The Government has notified the appointment of Justice Harish Chandra Mishra as the Acting Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court.
- The appointment was made in view of the demise of Acting Chief Justice Prashant Kumar.
OleksiyHoncharuk named as Ukraine’s new prime minister
- Ukrainian parliament of the 9th convocation appointed OleksiyHoncharuk to be the Ukrainian prime minister.
- His candidacy was introduced by Ukrainian President VolodymyrZelensky and supported by 290 MPs out of 419 registered in the session hall, thus making him the youngest government head in the Ukrainian history.
|Ukraine Currency||Ukrainian hryvnia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOUR
PM Modito be honoured with ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’
- Prime Minister NarendraModi will be honoured with the prestigious ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for his leadership and commitment to the Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan.
- The annual awards, in five categories, are presented to leaders and individuals for their efforts in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The categories are Progress, Changemaker, Campaign, Goalkeepers Voice and the Global Goalkeeper
John Mondal gets CSIR Young Scientist Award 2019
- Scientist John Mondal has been selected for the CSIR Young Scientist Award 2019 in the field of Chemical Sciences.
- He is a scientist at the CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology in Hyderabad. He has made contributions in the area of heterogeneous catalysis.
- Mondal is currently pursuing research in biomass conversion of waste cooking oils to value added products, clean fuel hydrogen production
- The CSIR Young Scientist Award is given to those under 35 years and it carries a cash prize of ₹50,000 and a plaque.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
UNCCD COP14 begins in Greater Noida
- The 14th Conference of Parties, COP14 to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification began on a high note at Greater Noida.
- As India assumed COP presidency for two years, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change PrakashJavadekar expressed optimism towards restoring land ecology and environment.
- The key outcomes of COP14 will facilitate in delivering convergence and synergies among the existing programmes in the field of agriculture, forestry, land, water management and poverty alleviation, which will cater the need to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG.
- The opening session of the High-Level Segment on 9th of this month will be inaugurated by Prime Minister NarendraModi.
International Snacks Festival inaugurated in Hyderabad
- A 3-day International Snacks Festival 2019 was inaugurated in Hyderabad, Telangana.It was inaugurated at the Ameerpet Metro station by Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMRL) Managing Director (MD) NVS Reddy, along with secretary to Tourism, Culture & Youth Affairs of Telangana, B Venkatesham and Larsen & Toubro Metro Rail Hyderabad (L&TMRH) project director MP Naidu and others.
- The snacks are sold at 4 metro stations namely Ameerpet, Hitec City, Uppal and the Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS).
- The event is organized by Telangana Tourism and Culture Department in association with the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited.
|Telangana CM||Chandrasekhar Rao|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India to join developed nations in ocean studies with ‘Samudrayaan’ project
- India’s ambition to send men to the deep sea in a submersible vehicle is likely to be a reality in 2021-22 with the ‘Samudrayaan’ project.
- The project proposes to send a submersible vehicle with three persons to a depth of about 6000 metres to carry out deep underwater studies.
- The indigenously developed vehicle is capable of crawling on the sea bed at a depth of six kilometre for 72 hours.
- The₹200 croreproject proposes to carry three persons in a submersible vehicle to a depth of 6000 metres under sea for various studies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
IAF inducts 8 Apache AH-64E attack helicopters
- The Indian Air Force inducted eight US-made Apache AH-64E attack helicoptersat the Pathankot airbase.
- The Apache choppers would replace the old Russia-made Mi-35
- The AH-64E Apache is one of the world’s most advanced multi-role combat helicopters, and is flown by the US Army
- The IAF had signed a multi-billion dollar contract with the US government and Boeing Ltd in September 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters.
- The first four of the 22 helicopters was handed over to the air force by Boeing on July 27
- India is the 14th nation in the world to be operating the Apache attack helicopters
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mithali Raj announces retirement from T20 Internationals
- Former India women’s team skipper Mithali Raj announced retirement from T20 Internationals
- She led India in 32 T20Is India including 3 Women’s T20 World Cups in 2012 (Sri Lanka), 2014 (Bangladesh) and 2016 (India).
- In 89 T20 Internationals, Mithali scored 2364 runs including 17 fifties with a career-best 97 not out.
NadubhagamChundan Lifts 67th Nehru Trophy in Alappuzha
- NadubhagamChundan, the snake boat of Pallathuruthy Boat Club, lifted the 67th edition of the coveted Nehru Trophy at the Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha
- Kerala Chief Minister PinarayiVijayan inaugurated the event in the presence of cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, who was the chief guest of the event
- A total of 79 boats, including 23 snake boats, participated in the Nehru trophy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
“A Short History of Indian Railways” book by Rajendra B Aklekar
- A new book named “A Short History of Indian Railways“, has been penned by veteran journalist and author Rajendra B Aklekar.
- This new book on the history of Indian Railways chronicles the journey of the national transporter from the 1830s to the new high-speed Train 18 and Prime Minister NarendraModis ambitious bullet train project.