Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
West Bengal government launched mobile blood donation camp
- The West Bengal government has launched a mobile blood donation camp in a red luxury bus. The bus moves from location to location, collecting blood in West Bengal. The health activists said that this move by the government is a major success as the bus is often seen in the city collecting blood samples. The service is free of cost.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
|Governor||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
The Nagaland government has declared the Singphan Wildlife Sanctuary as an elephant reserve
· The Nagaland government has declared the Singphan Wildlife Sanctuary as an elephant reserve making it the 30th reserve for jumbos in the country. Singphan Elephant Reserve has huge tracts of forest, strategically located in contiguity with the Abhaypur Reserve Forest of Assam which is frequented by the moving herds of elephants.
· Elephant distribution habitat in Nagaland is a continuous stretch starting from Peren district running all along the foothills north westerly until Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh will organise “Mil -Banche”, an interactive programme between schools and society
- In Madhya Pradesh, “Mil -Banche”, an interactive programme between schools and society is being organised. This programme is being organised for the multi-dimensional development of children through language skill up-gradation, reading other books in addition to textbooks.It will also help in developing an interest in understanding and other co-curricular activities in government schools
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
|CM||Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Mauritius remains top source of FDI into India in 2017-18: RBI
- According to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, Mauritius was top source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into India in 2017-18 followed by Singapore. The total FDI in FY 18 stood at $37.36 billion in financial year which was marginal rise over $36.31 billion recorded in the previous fiscal 2016-17.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
ITI Limited partners with start-ups to boost manufacturing of ICT, IoT and Defence Technology
- State-owned ITI Limited has signed agreements with leading startups and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) covering manufacturing of wide range of ICT-IOT (Information and communications technology- Internet of Things) based solutions. The agreements were signed on the sidelines of the first edition of ITI’s two-day ‘ICT & IoT Startup Tech Expo’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Wipro signed a USD 1.6 billion with Illinois based Alight Solutions LLC
- Wipro signed a $1.6 billion 10-year contract with Illinois-based Alight Solutions LLC. This is the largest deal to date. The contract is to provide digital solutions to the company. Alight is a provider of benefits administration and cloud-based human resources and financial solutions. It will be built through the strategic investments in Wipro Digital, cloud platforms and cognitive platform Wipro HOLMES.
Harvard and Google joint hands and developed an Artificial Intelligence system to analyze and predict earthquake
- Google and Harvard have joined hands and developed an Artificial Intelligence system in which the researchers at the university used algorithms to analyze a database of earthquakes worldwide to predict where aftershocks might happen. Aftershocks are the shocks that happen after the main earthquake takes place. The researchers teamed up with machine learning experts at Google to see if they could apply deep learning to find out the location of the aftershocks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Vedanta Resources Plc. has appointed Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan as the CEO of the company
- Vedanta Resources Plc. has appointed Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan as the CEO of the company. Mr.Venkatakrishnan replaced Tom Albanese who served as CEO from 2014-17 and Kuldip Kaura, the interim CEO since. He has joined the company’s board of directors. Mr.Venkat earlier served as the CEO of AngloGold Ashanti Ltd, the world’s largest emerging market gold producer.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Nehal Chudasama is crowned as the new Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018
- Nehal Chudasama is crowned as the new Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva – Miss Universe India 2018. Peden Ongmu Namgyal, Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational 2017 crowning Aditi Hundia as Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational 2018. The winner of Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva 2018 will represent the country at Miss Universe.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
MOVE Cyclathon organized by NITI Aayog to promote clean mobility
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog flagged off cycle rally MOVE Cyclathon to spread message of clean mobility to the Indian public and promote cleaner, accessible modes of transport. The cyclathon was held in run up to MOVE: Global Mobility Summit scheduled to be held on September 7, 8 in New Delhi.
Seventh Meeting of National Medicinal Plants Board
- The Seventh meeting of National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) of Ministry of AYUSH was held under the chairpersonship of Minister of State for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik at New Delhi.
Gujarat government partners with US advocacy group for Vibrant Gujarat summit
- The summit which will be held from 18th to 20th January 2019 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. About US-India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF) Type – a non-profit organization Objective – strengthening the U.S.-India bilateral and strategic partnership President and CEO – Mukesh Aghi
6th East Asia Summit- Economic Ministers Meeting (EAS-EMM) was held in Singapore
- Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu attended the 6th East Asia Summit- Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EAS-EMM) and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting (AEM) in Singapore. Singapore is currently holding the Chair of ASEAN.
- The 6th East-Asia Economic Minister’s Meeting was chaired by Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Trade and Industry, Singapore, and was attended by Economic Ministers from 10 ASEAN countries and their eight dialogue partners, Australia, China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, the Russian Federation and the United States of America.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Modi released the book “Moving On, Moving Forward – A Year in Office” written by Venkaiah Naidu
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the book “Moving On, Moving Forward – A Year in Office” written by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu. Narendra Modi presented the first copy of the book to Venkaiah Naidu. The book was written by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu to mark his one year in office
Power System Operation Corporation limited (POSOCO) organization has developed the book on “Weather Information Portal for Indian Power System”
- R K Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy released a book on “Weather Information Portal for Indian Power System”s, at Power System Operation Corporation limited (POSOCO), New Delhi. This book is a reference document developed by POSOCO along with IMD (India Meteorological Department) to enable better usage of Weather Portal in all areas of Power Sector. POSOCO manages the Inter-State Transmission of Power to utilities throughout India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
NASA scientists found signs of water in Jupiter’s Great Red Spot
- NASA scientists detected signs of water above the planet’s deepest clouds deep inside Jupiter’s Great Red Spot, a storm raging on the planet for over 350 years. The pressure of the water combined with their measurements of another oxygen-bearing gas, carbon monoxide, imply that Jupiter has more oxygen than the Sun.
Tsunami mock drill ‘IOWave18’ begins: India along with 23 countries participates in exercise
- Exercise IOWave18 will simulate Indian Ocean countries being put in a tsunami warning situation and require the National Tsunami Warning Centre and the National and/or Local Disaster Management Offices in each country to implement their Standard Operating Procedures.
- Exercise IOWave18 will comprise two scenarios on successive days: one in the north western Indian Ocean off the coast of Iran, and the other in the eastern Indian Ocean off the west coast of northern Sumatra.
NASA is set to launch the most advanced laser instrument ICESat-2 (Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite-2)
- In order to measure the changes in the heights of Earth’s polar ice, NASA is set to launch the most advanced laser instrument ICESat-2 (Ice, Cloud and land Elevation Satellite-2). ICESat-2 is National Aero Space Agency’s one of a kind laser instrument.
- It will measure the average annual elevation change of land ice covering Greenland and Antarctica to within the width of a pencil, capturing 60,000 measurements every second. ICESat-2 is scheduled to be launched on September 12 and it represents a major technological leap in our ability to measure changes in ice height.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
In the UEFA Awards, Croatia captain Luka Modric was voted the best player in Europe
- In the UEFA Awards, Croatia captain Luka Modric was voted the best player in Europe. He also won the Midfielder of the Season. Real Madrid was named the best player in last season’s Champions League. The best women’s player award was won by Pernille Harder of Denmark and Wolfsburg. Best goalkeeper of the season was: Keylor Navas. Best defender of the season was: Sergio Ramos. Ronaldo won the Forward of the Season.