Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORATANT DAYS
Happy Teachers Day 2018:
- Teacher’s Day is celebrated on September 5 every year in India. This date marks the birth anniversary of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was the first vice-president of India. The first Teacher’s Day was celebrated in the year 1962.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India To Have One-Nation-One-Card Policy For Transport Soon: NITI Aayog
- The main objective of the strategy is to plan for the citizens of India first, rather than focussing on vehicles alone, by providing sustainable mobility and accessibility. The announcement was made at a function on Future Mobility Summit-2018 in New Delhi.
Government releases Rs 400 crore for development of forward areas along international borders
- Nearly Rs 400 crorehas been released by the Centre to 10 states, having international borders, for developing forward areas as part of an ambitious plan to ameliorate the problems of those living in these isolated locations.
An amount of Rs 399.44 crore has been released to the governments of Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and West Bengal under the Border Area Development Programme (BADP) so far during 2018-19.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
NASA seeks ideas to convert Carbon dioxide to an useful compound
- NASA has announced a public competition seeking novel solutions to turn Carbon dioxide into useful compounds. The challenge is open to all. This is to find a solution that might help future astronauts exploring Mars as the Martin atmosphere has abundant CO2 . The competition will be conducted in two phases.
UAE revealed the names of the 2 astronauts for the space mission
- The United Arab Emirates has disclosed its first two astronauts to go on a mission to the International Space Station. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, and Ruler of the Emirate of Dubai named the new astronauts as Hazza al-Mansouri, 34-year-old, and Sultan al-Neyadi, 37-year-old.
- UAE has announced its plans to become the first Arab country to send an unmanned probe to orbit Mars by 2021. The probe is named as “Hope”.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|PM||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum|
China pledged to offer USD 60 billion to Africa
- China has offered USB 60 bn funds to Africa in order to boost industry, counter hunger, and enhance security. China will carry out 50 China-Africa security assistance programmes will be launched under the flagship Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Jharkhand Government renames town and railway station after Bansidhar temple of Lord Krishna
- The town Nagar Untari and the railway station would be renamed as Bansidhar Nagar, after Banshidhar Temple. The union government is looking at proposals for a tie-up with the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
China to be Jharkhand’s partner country
- China will be Jharkhand’s partner countryat the Food Processing Summit slated in November, visiting Chief Minister Raghubar Das. Das is on a four-day visit to China at the invitation of the International Department of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi inaugurates the first luxury cruise ‘Alaknanda’ in Varanasi
- The five-star luxury cruise, a 30-metre double-decked modern line, is a startup venture of Varanasi based Nordic Cruiseline. It will run between Assi Ghat and Panchganga Ghat for a two-hour ride of around 12 km in the morning and evening.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Rajasthan Government To Provide Free Mobile Phones To Women Of BPL Families
- In a bid to boost Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship’Digital India’ campaign, Rajasthan government will soon distribute mobile phones to women under the Bhamashah Yojana.Focused on women who fall under the Below Poverty Line (BPL), the scheme aims to transfer financial and non-financial benefits of government schemes in a transparent manner.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Paytm Money launched new app for google android and Apple iOS
- Paytm Money Limited introduced an app on Google’s Android platform and Apple’s mobile operating system iOS. The aim is to double the mutual fund investor base in India with 50 million in the next five years. For this, Paytm has partnered with 25 asset management companies. The focus of Paytm, the wholly-owned subsidiary of One97 Communications Ltd, would be on building investments and wealth management products and services.
RBI buys gold for the first time in 9 years
- Taking a cue from global uncertainties, market volatility, and rising interest rates in the US, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has added 8.46 tonnes of gold during the financial year 2017-18, taking the level of gold reserves to 566.23 tonnes as on June 30, 2018. RBI last purchased 200 tonnes of gold from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in November 2009.
Banks With Over 10 Branches To Have Internal Ombudsman: RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)asked all scheduled commercial banks with more than 10 branches to appoint an Internal Ombudsman (IO). The apex bank has, however,excluded regional rural banks (RRBs) from appointing IOs.
- The internal ombudsman scheme was introduced by the RBI to strengthen the internal grievance of banks and to ensure that the complaints of the customers are redressed. In order to further enhance the independence of the IO and also to strengthen the monitoring system over the functioning of the IO mechanism, the central bank said it has reviewed the arrangement in the form of ‘Internal Ombudsman Scheme, 2018’.
- With this step, the RBI is seeking to ensure tighter internal grievance redressal system at banks and to also ensure that complaints are redressed at the level of the bank and customers do not have to approach other fora for redressal.
ADB unveils new tool to boost access to trade finance
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched its first Trade Finance Scorecard, a new tool to address market gaps stemming from the unintended consequences of global measures to fight money-laundering and terrorism.
“Preventing criminals and terrorists from exploiting the global financial system is critically important,” said ADB’s Head of Trade and Supply Chain Finance, Steven Beck.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Internet Society & ISPAI sign pact to secure Internet infrastructure in India
- Internet Society (ISOC) partnered with Internet Service Providers Association of India (ISPAI) to promote and secure internet infrastructure. They signed an agreement for the to promote ‘Mutually Agreed Norms for Routing Security (MANRS) which will improve security infrastructure.
|USEFUL INFO Headquarters|
|Internet Society (ISOC)||Virginia, USA.|
|Internet Service Providers Association of India (ISPAI)||New Delhi, India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and Russia plans for logistics agreements
- India and Russia are planning to conclude a logistics agreement. The countries are targeting to conclude consultations before the annual summit which has been scheduled to happen in October between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
India and Cyprus signed MoUs on curbing money laundering
- India and Cyprus signed two Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on combating money laundering and cooperation in the field of environment. The MoU was signed between Financial Intelligence Unit, India, and Unit for Combating Money Laundering of Cyprus.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
International Aviation Summit Held In New Delhi
- The International Aviation Summitbegan in New Delhi, India. The seminar has been jointly organised by the Airports Authority of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation and International Air Transport Association (IATA). Union Minister for Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu announced that the Civil Aviation Ministry is coming up with Vision 2035 under which it plans to build 100 new airports across India in the next 10-15 years with an investment of USD 60 billion
International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018 Held In Nepal
- The International Women Entrepreneurs Summit 2018is being held in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Vice President of Nepal Nanda Bahadur Pun inaugurated the summit. The theme of the 3-day event is “Equality begins with Economic Empowerment”.
J.P. Nadda inaugurate the ‘71st Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia’, in New Delhi
- Countries in WHO’s South-East Asia Region, including India committed to make essential medicines, vaccines, diagnostics and medical devices “affordable and accessible to all” within the region and beyond.
Health ministers and officials of the 11-member countries taking part in the 71st session of the WHO Regional Committee in New Delhi signed the ‘Delhi Declaration’ aimed at improving access to essential medical products.
USIBC to hold its first Summit in Mumbai
- The US-India Business Council (USIBC), a top American business advocacy group, to showcase the positive impact of the US-India relationship and focus on future opportunities for companies in the two nations.
The two-day conference beginning September 5 will be inaugurated by the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu will deliver the key note address.
- The theme of the conference is ‘US and India connecting our future’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Ukraine launched joint military exercises with the U.S. and other NATO countries
- Ukraine has launched joint military exercises with the U.S. and a string of other NATO countries. The annual Rapid Trident military exercises are to happen in the western Ukrainian village of Starychi until September 15, involve some 2,200 soldiers from 14 countries. This is because of the rise in tension with Russia remains high over the Kremlin-backed insurgency in the country’s east. The event will start a week before Russia holds its biggest military exercises, Vostok 2018, since the Cold War, with the participation of China and Mongolia
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Anjum, Apurvi become first set of Indian shooters to secure quota places for 2020 Olympics
- Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela have become the first set of Indian shooters to secure quota places for the 2020 Olympics. Anjum finished second on the podium and won a silver in the women’s 10m air rifle event of the International Shooting Sports Federation’s (ISSF) World Championship in Changwon, South Korea. Apurvi finished fourth in the same event.
Alastair Cook Announces International Retirement
- England’s highest Test run-scorer Alastair Cook announced his retirement from International cricket after final Test against India. He has scored 12,254 runs and made 32 centuries in 160 Tests all England records.
- He is sixth on the all-time list of Test run-scorers and has made a record 11,627 runs as an opener. He became the first Englishman to reach 10,000 Test runs in 2016.
India to host FIBA 3×3 World Tour Masters event
- One of the most prestigious 3×3 basketball tournaments in the world, the FIBA (International Basketball Federation) 3×3 World Tour Mastersis coming to India for the first time on September 23 and 24 for the Hyderabad Masters in the city of Hyderabad.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITURIES
Former footballer Arthur Pereira passes away
- Former Maharashtra football player Arthur Pereirapasses away in Mumbai. He was fighting a battle against cancer for the past one year.