Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
International Day of Charity
- International Day of Charity is observed on 5 September every year to eradicate poverty in all its forms and dimensions to achieve sustainable development goals.
- It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
- This date commemorates the anniversary of passing of Mother Teresa who worked tirelessly for the people who are in need, to overcome poverty, distress and suffering of the poorest in the world.
National Teachers’ Day
- Teachers’ Day commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who was a scholar, recipient of Bharat Ratna, first Vice President and second President of independent India.
- He was born on 5 September, 1888. He was a grand advocate of edification, and was the distinguished envoy, academician, and India’s President, above all a great Teacher.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Overseas Citizen of India investment platform launched
- B K Modi, chairman of Smart Group and Singapore-based Spice Global, announced the launch of the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Forum with a proposed fund size of USD 100 billion, with a focus on promoting global economic investment by OCIs into various sectors in India.
- The OCI platform has the potential to increase India’s GDP by 50 per cent and it is undertaking large-scale investment in Kashmir as one of its first projects.
- OCI investor forum will undertake investment in the region of Kashmir to develop 100 global wellness hotels in Kashmir estimated at a gross investment of Rs 1,000 crore.
- The OCI initiative will aid the development of a ‘New India’ as a USD 5 trillion economy by acting as a bridge to allow global Indians an opportunity to give back to their homeland.
Vaishno Devi Shrine adjudged as Best Swachh Iconic Place in India
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine in Jammu and Kashmir has been adjudged as the ‘Best Swachh Iconic place’ in the country in the ‘Swachh Iconic Places’ list
- The list was released by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- The shrine has been adjudged on the basis of the overall improvement in sanitation.
- The President will confer the prestigious award to the Shrine during the Swachh Mahotsav to be organized by the Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation on the 6th September.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UP Police Launches New ‘C-Plan’ App To Aid Community Policing
- The Uttar Pradesh Police has launched a ‘C-Plan’ smartphone application that will help them keep a tab on anti-social elements to counter their nefarious designs in time.
- The app, launched at the new police headquarters in Lucknow, will not only help police to be informed of simmering communal tensions or other disputes taking place even in far-flung villages by common people, but also help them verify the received information.
- The department has identified 10 people in every village, known as Sambhrant-10, across the state who will inform about anti-social elements, simmering communal tensions or land disputes taking place in their respective villages through the app.
- The app is an initiative aimed at assisting better community policing in the state and bringing down the crime rate by improving the police-public partnership with the help of technology.
- The move will allow the selected community members to have a greater voice in setting priorities and their engagement in efforts to improve the quality of life in their neighbourhoods
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Delhi to include OBC, General category students in Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Yojana
- The Delhi Cabinet, decided to include other backward class (OBC) and general category students in its ‘Jai Bheem Mukhyamantri Yojana’, and enhance financial assistance from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. one lakh for coaching for various competitive exams.
- Earlier, the scheme was only for the scheduled caste category students under which financial assistance of up to Rs. 40,000 would be provided.
- A civil service aspirant will be provided Rs. one lakh financial assistance for 12-month coaching, whose annual family income is less than Rs. eight lakh will be able to avail the scheme.
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
|Delhi CM||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Delhi Governor||Anil Bijal|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI makes it mandatory for banks to link retail loans with external benchmarks from October 1
- The RBI has made it mandatory for banks to link all new floating-rate loans for housing, auto and MSMEs to external benchmark like repo from October 1, a move aimed at ensuring faster transmission of policy rate cuts to borrowers. Industry and retail borrowers have been complaining that banks do not pass on the entire RBI’s policy rate (repo rate) reduction to them.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been observed that due to various reasons, the transmission of policy rate changes to the lending rate of banks under the current marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) framework has not been satisfactory.
- In 2019, the Reserve Bank has already reduced the repo or short-term lending rate by 110 basis points, but the banks have reportedly passed on only up to 40 bps to borrowers. The external benchmarks, to which the banks will be required to link their lending rates, could be repo, 3-month or 6-month treasury bill yield, or any other benchmark published by the Financial Benchmarks India Private Ltd (FBIL).
- The banks have also been asked to reset the interest rate under external benchmark at least once in three months.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|RBI Deputy Governor||BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CRISIL cuts FY20 GDP forecast to 6.3%
- Domestic rating agency CRISIL sharply slashed its GDP forecast for FY20 to 6.3 percent from 6.9 percent earlier.
- The downward review comes days after GDP growth slowed down to a 25-quarter low of 5 percent in the June quarter which significantly is even lower than Pakistan 5.4 percent growth and is due to the slump in private consumption and a near stalling of manufacturing activities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Eric Cantona to be honoured with UEFA President’s Award
- Former Manchester United and France legend Eric Cantona is to receive the UEFA President’s Award at the Champions League draw in Monaco.
- The 53-year-old, who won five English championships with Leeds and Manchester United in the 1990s and two French titles with Marseille, joins an illustrious list of previous recipients which includes Johann Cruyff, Alfredo Di Stefano and Eusebio.
- Cantona is the third Manchester United player to receive the award after Bobby Charlton in 2008 and David Beckham last year.
Muhammad Yunus conferred ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by Vatican
- Bangladesh Professor Muhammad Yunus was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican
- He was given the award at the Basilica of St Francis in Assisi, Italy,
- The awards was conferred for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony
- The award is a recognition for distinguished work by an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
- The Lamp of Peace award was first given to the Polish trade union leader Lech Walesa in 1981
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Jaideep Sarkar concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Lesotho
- Shri Jaideep Sarkar has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Lesotho, with residence in Pretoria.
- Sarkar, A 1987 IFS-batch officer, presently working as High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa
|Lesotho Currency||South African rand, Lesotho loti|
|Lesotho Prime minister||Tom Thabane|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHOR
Second Volume of ‘LoktantraKeSwar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ – Compilation of Selected Speeches of President of India – to be released by Vice President
- In order to promote and disseminate selected speeches of President of India Shri Ram NathKovind, Publications Division under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has published ‘LoktantraKeSwar (Khand 2)’ and ‘The Republican Ethic (Volume 2)’. They are a compilation of 95 speeches delivered by the President during his second year in office (July 2018 to July 2019).
- The speeches present a wide panorama of our national life, covering issues ranging from diplomatic focus to good governance, from quality education to the pursuit of excellence and from welfare of our brave armed forces to the overriding spirit of Constitution. In view of the commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a separate section on President’s illuminating addresses related to Gandhian world-view has also been included.
- The speeches have been divided into 8 categories: ‘Addressing the Nation’, ‘Windows to the World’, ‘Educating India: Equipping India’, ‘Dharma of Public Service’, ‘Honouring our Sentinels’, ‘Spirit of the Constitution and Law’, ‘Acknowledging Excellence’ and ‘Mahatma Gandhi: Moral Exemplar, Guiding Light.’
- The books will be released by Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi. Union Ministers Shri Prakash Javadekar and Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot will be Guests of Honour on the occasion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranked 34th on world travel, tourism competitiveness index
- India has moved up six places to rank 34th on world travel and tourism competitiveness index, driven by rich natural and cultural resources and strong price competitiveness.
- India’s ranking improved from 40th to 34th, the greatest improvement over 2017 among the top 25 per cent of all countries ranked in the WEF report.
- Spain held on to the top spot in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) latest Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report (TTCR), which ranked 140 countries on their relative strengths in global tourism and travel. Spain was followed by France, Germany and Japan, with the United States replacing the UK in the top five.
World’s most liveable cities for 2019: Vienna tops the list again
- Vienna has held off Melbourne to retain the top spot on the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index for 2019.
- Vienna and Melbourne have been neck and neck in the EIU survey for years, but the Austrian capital also regularly tops a larger ranking of cities by quality of life compiled by consulting firm Mercer.
- Among Indian cities, New Delhi is ranked at 118 and Mumbai is ranked at 119. The ranking consists of 140 countries. Melbourne is ranked second followed by Sydney and Osaka.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
FIFA unveils official emblem for Qatar World Cup 2022
- FIFA unveiled the official emblem of the 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup which is scheduled to be hosted in Qatar
- The official emblem of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 embodies the vision of an event that connects and engages the entire world, while also featuring striking elements of local and regional Arab culture and allusions to the beautiful game.
Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza to retire from international cricket
- Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza will retire from all forms of international cricket after the conclusion of the T20I tri-series involving Bangladesh and Afghanistan later this month.
- Masakadza has played 38 Tests, 209 ODIs and 62 T20 Internationals, scoring 9410 international runs.
- The ICC had suspended Zimbabwe Cricket for violation of its constitution after the current elected members of the Zimbabwe board were suspended by the Sports and Recreation Committee (SRC).
Misbah-ul-Haq named as Pakistan head coach and chief selector
- Former Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has been appointed as Pakistan head coach of men’s cricket team and chief selector on a three-year contract
- Waqar Younis appointed as bowling coach
- The first assignment of Misbah-Waqar combination will be the upcoming three ODI and three T20I home series against Sri Lanka, which will be played from September 27 to October 9
Rohit Sharma Launches Campaign to save Rhinos in India
- India vice-captain Rohit Sharma is launching Rohit4Rhinos campaign, in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet on World Rhino Day on September 22,
- The campaign is aim to build awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino
- Rohit Sharma joined WWF India as its Brand Ambassador for Rhino Conservation in 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Kalahandi king Udit PratapDeo Passes away
- Udit Pratap Deo, former king of the erstwhile princely state of Kalahandi, has passed away. He was 71.
- Deo was a former lawmaker from Junagarh Assembly segment in Odisha from 1974 to 1977.
4.6 / 5. Reviews 68