Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
NGT imposed Rs. 25 lakh fine on U.P. government
- The National Green Tribunal imposed a cost of Rs. 25 lakh on the Uttar Pradesh government for failing to stop dumping of sewage and untreated water in the Upper Ganga Canal.
- A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel directed the urban development ministry to deposit a performance guarantee of Rs. 35 lakh.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow, Allahabad (Judiciary)|
|Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister||Yogi Adityanath|
|Uttar Pradesh Governor||Ram Naik|
Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation launched Shehri Samridhi Utsav
- Shehri Samridhi Utsav, an initiative of Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA), launched with an aims to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Mission – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), to the most vulnerable, showcase its initiatives and facilitate access of Self-Help Group (SHG) members to the other government schemes.
- Through Shehri Samridhi Utsav, SHG members across cities are being linked to national government schemes like Swachchh Bharat Mission, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana and National Nutrition Mission.
- A major highlight of Shehri Samridhi Utsav is the National Exhibition cum sale of SHG products and National Street Food Festival being organized in New Delhi.
|Minister of State (I\C) Housing and Urban Affairs||Hardeep Singh Puri|
Rajya Sabha (Uttar Pradesh)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for Rs 2,345 crore highway projects in Odisha
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for three highway projects worth over Rs. 2345 crore rupees
- The projects including four-laning of the 41.7-km Talcher-Kamakhyanagar section of NH 200/23 (new NH 53) at a cost of Rs 795.18 crore
- 1-km Kamakhyanagar-Duburi section of NH 200 (new NH 53 ) at a cost of Rs 761.11 crore and 39.4-km Duburi-Chandikhole section of NH 200 (new NH 53) at a cost of Rs 789.23 crore.
|Odisha Chief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
|Odisha Governor||Ganeshi Lal|
Madhya Pradesh government makes it mandatory for industries to hire 70% locals
- Madhya Pradesh state government has made it mandatory for all industries to provide seventy percent of the jobs to locals
- The government has decided to set up training sessions and employment fairs in each district to register unemployed youths. Youth will be first provided a stipend and later jobs under state’s 70 percent clause.
|Madhya Pradesh Capital||Bhopal|
|Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister||Kamal Nath|
|Madhya Pradesh Governor||Anandiben patel|
‘Boori Boot Yullom’ festival begins in Arunachal Pradesh
- The Nyishi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh is celebrating its fortnight-long Boori Boot Yollo festival
- Boori Boot Yollo is observed in the month of February every year to welcome spring and a successful harvest
- During the festival, people invoke God to bless them with prosperity and seek protection from any kind of disease
- This festival is celebrated particularly in two districts of Arunachal, Upper Subansiri and Lower Subansiri district,
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister||Pema Khandu|
|Arunachal Pradesh Governor||BD Mishra|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Thailand makes Siamese fighting fish national aquatic animal
- Tiny, testy and eye-catching with a colourful fin plumage, the Siamese fighting fish was named Thailand’s national aquatic animal
- Thailand’s official national animal is the elephant.
|Thailand Currency||Thai baht|
|Thailand Prime Minister||Prayut Chan-o-cha|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI imposed penalties on Axis Bank, UCO Bank and Syndicate Bank
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of 2 crore each on UCO Bank and Axis Bank, and Rs. 1 crore on Syndicate Bank.
- Penalty of Rs. 2 crore has been imposed each on Axis Bank and UCO Bank for non-compliance of norms related to payment through cheques
- In another case, a penalty of Rs. 20 lakh has been imposed on Axis Bank for contravention of the directions related to detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- The penalty on Syndicate Bank has been imposed for violation of guidelines related to checking fraud and managing risk
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
|RBI Deputy Governor||BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
FDI declines 11% to $22.66 billion during April-September
- According to commerce and industry ministry, Foreign direct investment (FDI) into India has declined 11 per cent to $ 22.66 billion during April-September period of the current fiscal
- The foreign fund inflows during April-September 2017-18 stood at $ 25.35 billion.
- Key sectors that received maximum foreign investment during the first six months of the fiscal include services ($4.91 billion), computer software and hardware ($2.54 billion), telecommunications ($2.17 billion), trading ($2.14 billion), chemicals ($1.6 billion), and automobile industry ($1.59 billion)
- Singapore was the largest source of FDI during April-September 2018-19 with $8.62 billion inflow, followed by Mauritius $3.88 billion
- FDI had increased at a five-year low growth of 3 per cent at $ 44.85 billion in 2017-18.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
NFDC to be felicitated by MSME ministry for promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs
- The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) has been named a winner under the ‘miniratna’ category by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- This has been done as part of endeavour by Ministry of MSME to felicitate select CPSEs to recognize their exemplary work towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- National Film Development Corporation Ltd. (NFDC), incorporated in the year 1975, was formed by the Government of India with the primary objective of planning and promoting an organized, efficient, and integrated development of the Indian film industry
|National Film Development Corporation of India Headquarters||Mumbai|
|National Film Development Corporation of India Chairpersons||Ramesh Sippy|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
67th Annual Armed Forces Medical Conference organised by AFMC, Pune
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune organised the 67th Annual Armed Forces Medical Conference
- The conference was inaugurated by Lt Gen Bipin Puri, Director General, Armed Forces Medical Services
- The four-day conference will be organised under the overall supervision of Surg Vice Admiral Ravi Kalra NM, VSM, director and commandant
- The conference is the largest gathering of armed forces medical personnel and the only multi-specialty conference of its kind in the country.
- A highlight of the conference will be a special session on innovations and creativity in health care practice and delivery within the Armed Forces.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
Punjab government sets up committee to boost dairy sector
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh announced a high-powered committee to prepare a comprehensive action plan to boost the dairy sector with the aim of supplementing the income of farmers in a result-oriented manner.
- The committee would consist of Chairman State Farmers Commission, Director Animal Husbandry, Director Dairy Development, a representative of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU).
- It will suggest measures to promote diversification of agriculture with the aim of enhancing farmers’ income from allied sources.
|Punjab Chief Minister||Amarinder Singh|
|Punjab Governor||V P Singh Badnore|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING AND INDEX
Assam tops in budgetary practices followed by states
- According to Transparency International, Assam occupied the top slot in the ranking of best practices followed by states in Budget formulation, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
- The survey is based on 4 parameters which include public disclosure, budgetary process, post budget fiscal management and efforts to make budget more transparent and citizen friendly.
- States which are lower in the ranking were Meghalaya, Manipur and Punjab
|Transparency International Headquarters||Berlin, Germany|
|Transparency International Managing Director||Patricia Moreira|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Noted freedom fighter Priyanath Dey passed away
- Noted freedom fighter and former Odisha MLA Priyanath Dey passed away
- Priyanath Dey had joined freedom movement in 1942 and was jailed several times.
- He was elected to Odisha Legislative Assembly from Jagatsinghpur seat in 1961
Congress leader Harihar Karan passed away
- Senior Congress leader and former minister Harihar Karan passed away
- A six-time MLA from Daspalla constituency in Nayagarh district, Karan was elected for the first time in 1974.
- He was the Odisha’s Health and Family Welfare minister in the JB Patnaik government in 1980
- Karan was also the chairperson of the disciplinary committee of the Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) in 2013.