Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government launches updated Credit linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for MSMEs
- The government launched the updated Credit linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS) to allow micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) access to capital.
- MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari announced the government would prepare a final report on the recommendations of the U K Sinha committee, which had been set up by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to suggest expeditious ways to strengthen MSMEs, within the next eight days.
- CLCSS scheme would be crucial in raising MSME contribution to gross domestic product from the current 29 per cent to 50 per cent, in addition to increasing exports from the sector to 50 per cent from 40 per cent now.
- The scheme provides an upfront subsidy of 15 per cent on institutional credit up to Rs 1 crore for MSMEs in the specified 51 sub-sectors.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved an outlay of Rs 2,900 crore for the scheme. Now, it is a demand-driven one without any upper limit on overall annual spending on the subsidy disbursal, a senior official said. In the relaunched scheme, there is an additional 10 per cent subsidy for SC-ST entrepreneurs while special provisions have been made for 117 ‘aspirational’ districts, hill states and the northeastern region.
HRD Ministry awards IoE status to 5 public institutes including IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Madras and BHU
- The HRD Ministry awarded Institution of Eminence (IoE) status to five public institutes including Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, University of Hyderabad, IIT-Madras and IIT-Kharagpur.
- Each of the 5 universities will now be required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the HRD Ministry, laying out its plan to achieve the objective of becoming a world-class institution after which they will be eligible for a government grant of ₹1,000 crore.
WHO South-East Asia Region sets 2023 target to eliminate measles, rubella
- The resolution was made at the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia held in New Delhi
- Member Countries of WHO South-East Asia Region resolved to eliminate measles and rubella by 2023, to prevent deaths and disabilities caused by these highly infectious childhood killers diseases.
- The new target to eliminate both the diseases will leverage the existing momentum and strong political commitment which is being demonstrated through unprecedented efforts, progress and successes in recent years.
- Measles elimination and rubella control has been a regional flagship priority since 2014. Five countries have eliminated measles – Bhutan, DPR Korea, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Timor-Leste. Six countries have controlled rubella – Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Timor-Leste.
- All countries pledged to mobilize political, societal and financial support to ensure interruption of transmission of indigenous measles and rubella virus by 2023.
|World Health Organization|
|Director General||Tedros Adhanom|
PM inaugurates Mumbai Metro’s first coach built under ‘Make in India’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first coach of Mumbai Metro built under the ‘Make in India’ programme.
- He took a tour of the new coach and the train with Maharashtra Chief Minister Fadnavis and Mumbai Metro officials
|Maharashtra Chief Minister||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Maharashtra Governor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
I&B Ministry decides to discontinue single-use plastic
- Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has reportedly decided to do away with single-use plastic inside the premises of units under it and is encouraging staff members to turn to recycled paper.
- “Implementing a clean and green environmental initiative was the need of the hour which was a collective responsibility,” an official statement stated.
|Minister of Information and Broadcasting||Prakash Javadekar|
|Constituency||Rajya Sabha (Madhya Pradesh)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
B Bala Bhaskar appointed as next Indian Ambassador to Norway
- Senior diplomat B Bala Bhaskar was appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Norway.
- Bhaskar will replace Krishan Kumar, who has been heading the Indian mission in Norway since July 2018.
|Prime Minister||Erna Solberg|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
28th cycle of Indo-Thai CORPAT from Sep 5 to 15
- The latest iteration of the India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the navies of the two countries, which seek to enhance bilateral ties and maritime cooperation, is being hosted from September 5 to 15.
- The coordinated patrol between Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) is being conducted from September 5 to 15
- Indian Naval Ship Kesari and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies are participating in the 28th edition of the CORPAT.
|Prime Minister||Prayut Chan-o-cha|
Chandrayaan-2 setback, India loses contact with Vikram lander during descent
- India’s space agency lost contact with the Vikram lander around 2.1 km over the lunar surface, in a setback to the country’s maiden attempt to land a spacecraft on the moon’s surface.
- As the lander began the 15 minute autonomous descent, it overcame a major hurdle of what is called as the rough breaking phase to go down from a height of 30 kms to around 2.1 kms.
- Soon after, the lander lost contact with the ground station.
- However, the orbiter, which has several instruments on board continues to hover around 100 kms over the moon.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
2019 World Wrestling Championships
- The 2019 World Wrestling Championships will be held in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan from 14 September to 22 September, 2019.
- It will begin with the Greco-Roman wrestling competition. Wrestlers from 101 nations will be fighting for medals across Greco-Roman, freestyle and women’s wrestling categories. It is organized by United World Wrestling (UWW), the Kazakh Ministry of Culture and Sports, the National Olympic Committee (NOC of Kazakhstan), the Kazakh Confederation of Martial Arts and Power Sports and the Kazakh Federation of Greco-Roman, Freestyle and Women’s Wrestling.
Rashid to become Test cricket’s youngest captain
- Afghanistan test cricket captain Rashid Khan who led the match against Bangladesh at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong(Bangladesh) created record by becoming the youngest test cricket captain released by International Cricket Council(ICC) at the age of 20 years and 350 days.
- He will overtake Zimbabwe’s Tatenda Taibu, who made his debut as Test captain just eight days older than Rashid against Sri Lanka at Harare in 2004.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Author and Playwright Kiran Nagarkar Passes Away
- Renowned novelist and playwright Kiran Nagarkar passed away after a brief illness,He was 77.
- Nagarkar, published his first novel, ‘Saat Sakkam Trechalis’, in Marathi in 1974.
- Then followed “Cuckold” (1997) which won him the 2001 Sahitya Akademi award and catapulted him among the most respected modern post-independence Indian writers in English.
Congress leader Sukhdev Singh Libra passes away
- Congress leader and former MP Sukhdev Singh Libra passed away after a prolonged illness at the age of 87.
- He was the member of the 14th and 15th Lok Sabhas. He was also a Punjab MLA in 1985. He was a member of Rajya Sabha from 1998-2004.
/ 5. Reviews