Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meet held in Delhi
- 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meet held in Delhi
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Affairs Minister of Bangladesh Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen co-chaired the meeting
- The last Joint Consultative Committee Meeting between the two countries was held in October 2017 at Dhaka
- The Foreign Affairs Minister of Bangladesh arrived in New Delhi on a four day visit to India. It is the first high-level visit from Bangladesh since Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s victory in the parliamentary elections in December last year
|Bangladesh Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
Smriti Irani launched India Size project in Mumbai
- Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani launched the India Size project in Mumbai
- A first-of-its-kind project in the history of the country
- India Size aims to arrive at a standard Indian Size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry, on the lines of the standardized sizes available in countries such as the USA and the UK.
- India size project will benefit manufacturers, consumers and generate data which will help tap into the potential of the sector
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Delhi government launched bike ambulance services
- Delhi government has launched bike ambulance services to ensure health assistance reaches on time in the congested areas of the national capital.
- The bike ambulances, which will be called the “First Responder Vehicles“, will have a portable oxygen cylinder, first aid kit and dressing materials, air-splints, GPS and a communication device.
- Against the sanctioned funds of Rs 40 lakh, the project was completed at Rs 23 lakh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
NTPC inks Rs 2,500 crore loan pact with HDFC Bank
- State-run power giant NTPC has signed an agreement with HDFC Bank for a Rs 2,500 crore loan to part finance capital expenditure
- The loan is extended at an interest rate linked to three-month marginal cost of funds-based lending rate (MCLR) of the bank
- The loan has a door-to-door tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC
|HDFC Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|HDFC Bank CEO||Aditya Puri|
|HDFC Bank Tagline||We understand your world|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
92-year-old priest Francois Laborde was conferred France’s highest civilian honour
- Francois Laborde, a 92-year-old priest, from Bengal, was conferred the Légion d’Honneur (Legion of Honour) the highest civilian award of France in recognition of his work for specially-abled children.
- He is the third person from the state to have been awarded the Legion of Honor after film maestro Satyajit Ray and actor Soumitra Chatterjee.
- Father Francois Laborde has set up the Howrah South Point, an organisation working for the development of specially-abled children, the destitute and the most deprived sections of the society.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
American members of US-India CEO Forum announced
- The first meeting of the US-India CEO forum will be held in New Delhi on February 14.
- US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has announced the names of the American private sector members of the US-India CEO Forum among whom are MasterCard CEO Ajay Banga and Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf.
- The US CEOs serve two-year terms and are selected from respondents to a Federal Register Notice calling for CEO-level applicants to the US Section of the Forum
- It will be co-chaired by Ross and Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu.
- James Taiclet, chairman, president, and CEO, American Tower Corporation will be the US private sector co-chair of the forum.
|USA Capital||Washington DC|
|USA President||Donald Trump|
‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference held in New Delhi
- Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference held in New Delhi
- The conference was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) to discuss issues related to Nuclear Energy and Radiation Technologies.
- The Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh delivered the keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Chennai city Police Launched Mobile App ‘Digicop’
- Tamil film actor Vijay Sethupathi launched the mobile App ‘DigiCop’ of the Chennai police department
- The application was developed by Nasscom
- Using the App, people can track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones.
- The details of 18,000 stolen mobile phones are stored in the App. So next time someone is buying a phone from a second hand shop they can verify if the phone is stolen or genuine.
- Using DigiCop App, people can verify IMEI, report lost two-wheelers and phones, know the nearest police station, police news and traffic alerts.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Rahul Jain took charge as the General Manager of Integral Coach Factory
- Rahul Jain has taken over as General Manager of Integral Coach Factory (ICF)
- Jain, was former Assistant General Manager at Western Railway,
- He belongs to the Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineer (IRSME) cadre and his appointment comes after former ICF GM Sudhanshu Mani retired on December 31.
- Mani is regarded as the architect of India’s first self-propelled long distance “Train 18”, which was later named “Vande Bharat Express”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING AND INDEX
India jumps eight places to 36th spot in US Chamber’s global IP index
- India has jumped eight places to 36th position on the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, which analyses the IP climate in 50 global economies
- India’s eight-point jump in 2019 from 44th position in 2018 is the highest increase among 50 nations mapped by the index
- The US, the UK, Sweden, France and Germany remained the top five economies on the intellectual property index in 2019 retaining their spots from the last year
- The index brought out by the US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) ranks countries based on 45 indicators that are critical to an innovation-led economy supported by robust patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets protection.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
GeM and CCI signed MOU to enable a fair and competitive environment in the e-Marketplace
- Government e Marketplace (GeM) and Competition Commission of India (CCI) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding to enable a fair and competitive environment in the e-Marketplace.
- GeM is a state-of-the-art national public procurement platform of Ministry of Commerce and Industries, which has used technology to remove entry barriers for bonafide sellers and has created a vibrant e-marketplace with a wide range of goods and services.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India, responsible for enforcing the Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an adverse effect on competition.
|Competition Commission of India (CCI) Chairman||A.K. Gupta|
|Competition Commission of India (CCI) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Government e Marketplace(GeM) CEO||S. Radha Chauhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Mirabai Chanu won gold at EGAT Cup in Thailand
- World champion Indian weightlifter Saikhom Mirabai Chanu notched up a gold medal at the EGAT Cup in Thailand.
- Chanu won the 48kg category gold with an effort of 192 kg in the silver level Olympic qualifying event.
- The 24-year-old Manipuri lifted 82 kg in snatch and 110 kg in clean and jerk to finish on top of the podium.
Vidarbha lift their second consecutive Ranji Trophy
- Vidharbha lifted the Ranji Trophy for the second time in a row, defeating Saurashtra by 78 runs at Nagpur
- Vidarbha became the sixth team to win back to back Ranji Trophy titles
- Left arm spinner, Sarwate was adjudged man of the match.
9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2019 Begins In Hisar, Haryana
- The 9th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2019 begins in Hisar’s Astroturf International Hockey Stadium, Haryana Agricultural University.
- RSPB will begin their campaign against Hockey Rajasthan in the Pool A opening match during the 11-day domestic extravaganza
FIFA Rankings: India dropped six places to 103rd Rank
- The India national football team has dropped out of the top 100 in the FIFA Rankings being ranked in 103rd place in the revised list released
- The last time India were outside the top-100 in the FIFA rankings was on February 15, 2018.
- Asian Cup champions Qatar have made giant strides in the rankings. Their maiden title has seen them gain 38 places to move up to 55th place in the update
- Belgium remains at the top of the FIFA rankings, sitting merely one point above world champions France.
- Brazil, Croatia, and England complete the top five, while former World Cup champions Germany remains in 16th position.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Longest-serving US congressman John Dingell passed away
- John Dingell was first elected in 1955, serving in the House of Representatives for the next 59 years.
- He retired in 2015
- He holds the record for longest-ever serving Congressperson in American history
/ 5. Reviews