Dear Aspirants, LIC ADO is one of the most important exam in the competitive examination. LIC ADO mains exam consists of three sections i.e. Reasoning ability and Numerical Ability, General knowledge & Current affairs and Insurance & Financial Market Awareness. LIC ADO Insurance Awareness & Financial Market Awareness section comprises of 50 questions. LIC ADO Financial Awareness Questions 2019 play an important role in boosting up the score in mains examination and also helps in the interview. Here we are providing a new series of LIC ADO Financial Awareness Questions 2019. Aspirants can make use of this LIC ADO Financial Awareness Questions 2019, to improve score in the Insurance & Financial Market Awareness section.
1) NITI Aayog has proposed Rs. ______ for Artificial Intelligence (AI) by creating a cloud computing platform named AIRAWAT.
a) 1500 Crore
b) 2500 Crore
c) 5000 Crore
d) 7500 Crore
e) 10000 Crore
2) ________ is an equity investment option offered directly from the underlying company. The investor does not receive quarterly dividends directly as cash; instead, the investor’s dividends are directly reinvested in the underlying equity.
a) Equity plan
b) Dividend reinvestment plan
c) Direct investment plan
d) Shares plan
e) Money investment plan
3) According to Reserve Bank of India, 53,334 bank frauds worth Rs. 2.05 Lakh Crore reported during 2008-09 and 2018-19 fiscal years. The highest numbers of cases were reported in which bank?
a) ICICI Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) Punjab National Bank
d) HDFC Bank
e) Oriental Bank of Commerce
4) Which of the following institution has approved $350 million loan for Chhattisgarh Road Improvement Project recently?
b) World Bank
5) “CAGR” is a measure of growth over multiple time periods. What “C” denotes in acronym CAGR?
6) In June 2018, Cabinet approved capital infusion in Export Credit Guarantee Corporation Ltd. The amount of Rs._______ crore is set to be infused for 2019-20 financial year.
7) With respect to mutual funds, what does CAS stands for?
a) Consolidated account statement
b) Corporate account statement
c) Consolidated application statement
d) Consolidated asset scheme
e) Complimentary account statement
8) Power Finance Corporation recently rise $ _____ billion through Reg-S bonds.
9) ‘STT’ is frequently used in terms of financial capital market, what does ‘S’ stands for?
10) __________is unique to every investor and trader.
a) Margin Account
b) Demat Account
c) Mark-to-Market (MTM) margin
d) Both a and b
e) All of the above
1) Answer: d)
NITI Aayog has proposed Rs. 7500 Crore for Artificial Intelligence (AI) by creating a cloud computing platform named AIRAWAT and research institutes. Under this initiative, NITI Aayog has planned to open 5 research centres and 20 Artificial Intelligence adoption centres.
2) Answer: b)
A dividend reinvestment program or dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP) is an equity investment option offered directly from the underlying company. The investor does not receive quarterly dividends directly as cash; instead, the investor’s dividends are directly reinvested in the underlying equity. It is an arrangement offered by companies to investors wishing to receive additional shares of company stock in lieu of cash dividend payments.
3) Answer: a)
The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) data revealed that 53,334 fraud cases worth Rs. 2.05 lakh Crore hit the banks in India in the last 11 fiscal years i.e. between 2008-09 and 2018-19. The highest number of cases was reported in ICICI Bank.
4) Answer: a)
Asian Development Bank (ADB), headquartered in Manila, approved $350 million loan to rehabilitate and upgrade two state highways and 23 major district roads totalling about 850 kilometers in Chhattisgarh. It will improve the connectivity and access to basic services and livelihood opportunities in Chhattisgarh.
5) Answer: b)
The Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) is a useful measure of growth over multiple time periods. It can be thought of as the growth rate that gets you from the initial investment value to the ending investment value if you assume that the investment has been compounding over the time period.
6) Answer: c)
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the capital infusion of Rs.2000 crore for strengthening of Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC). The amount would be infused in the three financial years i.e. Rs.50 crore in 2017-18, Rs.1450 crore in the year 2018-19 and Rs.500 crore for 2019-20.
7) Answer: a)
A Consolidated account statement (CAS) details all the transactions and investor’s holding at the end of the month including transaction charges paid to the distributor, across all schemes of all mutual funds, by an investor. A CAS for each calendar month is issued to the investors in whose folios transactions have taken place during that month.
8) Answer: b)
Power Finance Corporation raised $ 1 billion through Reg-S bonds in one go. This was the PFC’s first issuance in the international market after successful acquisition of Government of India holding in REC. The $ 1 billion Reg- S transaction was executed through two tranches.
9) Answer: b)
Securities Transaction Tax (STT) is a tax being levied on all transactions done on the stock exchanges at rates prescribed by the Central Government from time to time.
Pursuant to the enactment of the Finance (No.2) Act, 2004, the Government of India notified the Securities Transaction Tax Rules, 2004 and STT came into effect from October 1, 2004.
10) Answer: b)
Demat account is the account which stores your securities in electronic format. It is unique to every investor and trader.
It allows investors to hold their shares in an electronic form. Stocks in Demat account remain in dematerialized form. Dematerialization is the process of converting physical shares into electronic format.