Dear Aspirants, As we all know the importance of IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness section. Because it a a very easy scoring part only when you are updated on every day. So, IG team has taken majestic step to make you score more in the IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Part. We amalgamated Banking awareness and Static Gk sections to make you score more. The Aspirants can make use of it, to improve score in IBPS PO & Clerk General awareness part. Start the Quiz to know your level in IBPS PO & Clerk General Awareness Section. Validate and enhance your skill by practicing more.[WpProQuiz 7470]
1) Who has been awarded the Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought by the European Union in 2019?
a) David Sassoli
b) Ilham Tohti
c) Mitsuo Sato
d) Oleg Sentsov
e) Yulia Tymoshenko
2) The Union cabinet in late October approved the creation of 2 new commands, Western and Eastern commands, where are these commands to be headquartered?
a) Jaisalmer and Kolkata
b) Amritsar and Kolkata
c) Ludhiana and Guwahati
d) Chandigarh and Guwahati
e) Bikaner and Imphal
3) Name the online aptitude test-launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)?
4) The Global Bio-India summit is being held in India for the first time, which Indian city will host the summit?
b) New Delhi
5) SIDBI – Small Industries Development Bank of India was started as a wholly-owned subsidiary of which organization in 1990?
a) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Industrial Development Bank of India
d) Industrial Finance Corporation of India
e) Industrial Bank of India
6) The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013 aims to replace which law?
a) Land Acquisition Act of 1893
b) Land Acquisition Act of 1894
c) Land Acquisition Act of 1895
d) Land Acquisition Act of 1891
e) Land Acquisition Act of 1892
7) How many places did India jump in order to reach the 63rd position in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020 report?
a) 11 places
b) 14 places
c) 16 places
d) 18 places
e) 13 places
8) Name the portal that National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office in partnership with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) launched to discover consolidated and comprehensive repository of India’s cyber technological capabilities?
a) Tech India
b) Cyber Sagar
c) Cyber India
d) Tech Sagar
e) E-Tech India
9) Land area wise which of the following constituencies is the 2nd largest Lok Sabha constituency in India?
b) Arunachal west
10) Sambhar Salt Lake, India’s largest inland salt lake, is located in which Indian state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
11) What is the name of India’s 1st Satellite launcher developed by Indian Space Research Organisation?
12) The Reserve Bank of India has rejected the merger proposal of Indiabulls Housing Finance and which bank?
a) RBL Bank
b) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
c) Karur Vysya Bank
d) Nainital Bank
e) Dhanlaxmi Bank
13) Who led the panel set up by the central bank to suggest measures to make the housing finance securitization market more attractive?
a) T.N. Manoharan
b) N.K Singh
c) Harsh Vardhan
d) Vijay Kumar
e) Rajiv Lall
14) Employees’ State Insurance Corporation has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with which of the following bank for payments To ESIC Beneficiaries on Real Time Basis?
a) Bandhan Bank
b) State Bank of India
c) ICICI Bank
d) Punjab National Bank
e) Bank of India
15) Who has scripted history by becoming the first Indian man to win a gold medal at Wushu World Championships?
a) C K Anand
b) Vikrant Baliyan
c) Praveen Kumar
d) Santosh Kumar
e) Partap Singh
1) Answer: B
Explanation- Uighur intellectual Ilham Tohti (49), who has been jailed and sentenced to life imprisonment in China for “separatism” has been awarded the Sakharov Prize. It is awarded by the European Union (EU) Parliament annually for free speech. It was constituted in memory of Soviet physicist and dissident Andrei Sakharov.
2) Answer: D
Explanation- Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force was conceptualised in the wake of the Chinese aggression on the country’s northern borders in 1962. The present strength of the force is 89,429. These commands are to be headed by Additional Director General and assisted by Inspector General.
3) Answer: A
‘Tamanna’ (Try And Measure Aptitude And Natural Abilities) is a bid to help students make the right career choices. It is an aptitude test for Senior School Students to enable stakeholders knowing the aptitude of students of Classes 9 and 10. It aims to help students of Class 9 and Class 10 make a better choice of subjects, and eventually help them in making an informed decision while choosing subjects in Class 11 and 12.
4) Answer: B
Global Bio-This summit is being held between November 21 and November 23, 2019. It is being organized by BIRAC and DBT of Ministry of Science and Technology. The purpose of the summit is to attract investments, showcase the country’s indigenous strengths and aspirations.
5) Answer: C
SIDBI was established under the special Act of the Parliament 1988 which became operative from April 2, 1990. SIDBI was made responsible for administering Small Industries Development Fund and National Equity Fund that were administered by IDBI before. SIDBI is the Primary Financial
Institution for promoting, developing and financing MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise) sector. Headquartered at Lucknow.
6) Answer: B
The Act has provisions to provide fair compensation to those whose land is taken away, brings transparency to the process of acquisition of land to set up factories or buildings, infrastructural projects and assures rehabilitation of those affected. The Act came into force from 1 January 2014.
7) Answer: B
India has moved 14 places to 63rd among 190 nations in the World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking. The country was 77th among 190 countries in the previous ranking last year. The report assesses improvement in ease of doing business environment in Delhi and Mumbai.
8) Answer: D
It is a dynamic platform to discover capabilities of Indian Industry, academia and research across 25 technology areas such as Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud & Virtualisation, Blockchain, Robotics & Automation, Wireless & Networking. At present, the repository features more than 4,000 entities.
9) Answer: A
Barmer Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 25 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Rajasthan. Presently, Barmer Lok Sabha constituency comprises Eight Vidhan Sabha (legislative assembly) segments.
10) Answer: B
The lake is located 80 km southwest of the city of Jaipur and 64 km northeast of Ajmer, Rajasthan. It surrounds the historical Sambhar Lake Town. The lake is the source of most of Rajasthan’s salt production. It produces 196,000 tonnes of clean salt every year, which is around 9% of India’s salt production. Recently it has been in the news as nearly 17,000 migratory birds have died there.
11) Answer: D
SLV was a project started in the early 1970s by the Indian Space Research Organisation to develop the technology needed to launch satellites. The first experimental flight of SLV-3, in August 1979, was a failure. The first successful launch took place on 18 July, 1980. It was a four-stage rocket with all solid-propellant motors.
12) Answer: B
RBI has rejected has really shocked the bank as the merger was crucial for Lakshmi Vilas Bank as it is now under the prompt corrective action framework of the RBI due to a high level of bad loans and insufficient capital. Founded in 1926, Laxmi Vilas Bank is headquartered in Chennai.
13) Answer: C
The six-member committee, which was set up on 29 May under the chairmanship of Harsh Vardhan, senior advisor, Bain and Co has recommended that an intermediary be set up under the National Housing Bank (NHB), wherein the government will have a 51% ownership.
14) Answer: B
SBI would provide e-payment services directly to the bank accounts of all ESIC beneficiaries and payees without any manual intervention as an integrated and automated process. The SBI would provide e-payment integration with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes of ESIC through its Cash Management Product (CMP) e-payment technology platform.
15) Answer: C
He defeated Russel Diaz of the Philippines with 2-1 in the 48kg category event. The Indian saw off his Filipino opponent in men’s Sanda event of 15th World Wushu Championships held in Shanghai, China. Wushu is a Chinese martial art that combines full-contact kickboxing, including close-range punches and kicks, with wrestling, throws, takedowns, kick catch and sweeps.