Dear Aspirants, Here we have given the General Rules to Solve Profit and Loss Problems in PDF. Candidates those who are preparing for the Competitive examinations can use this.
The price, at which an article is purchased, is called its cost price, abbreviated as C.P.
The price, at which an article is sold, is called its selling prices, abbreviated as S.P.
· Profit/gain = SP – CP
· Profit % = Profit/(C P)×100
· S P = (100+gain % )/100 ×C P
· C P = 100/(100+gain %)×S P
If the overall Cost Price exceeds the selling price of the buyer then he is said to have incurred loss.
· Loss = C P – S P
· Loss % = LOSS/(C P)×100
· S P = (100-loss %)/100×C P
· C P = 100/(100-loss %)×S P
· Generally the SP is less than the marked price (MP) the difference MP – SP is known as discount, D.
· Discount = M P – S P
· Discount %, D% = (Discount) / (M P) ×100
/ 5. Reviews