IBPS, all bankers choice brings opportunity for IBPS Clerk Examination every year. The interested candidate has to ensure the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria. There are three criteria on which the eligibility of a candidate is decided. The first criteria are the Nationality, only the citizens of India can apply for the IBPS examination. Next is the educational qualification, the individual should possess a basic degree qualification. And finally the age criteria, the minimum age limit to apply is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years. The age relaxation will be applicable as per the government rules.
Ensure the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria before to the application process. If anyone of the eligibility criteria is missing then the application will be quashed by IBPS. The detailed IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria are provided on this page, ensure and proceed with the application process.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk 2018
IBPS Clerk 2018 Eligibility Criteria are as follows
- Nationality/ Citizenship
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
A Candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit (as On 01st Sep 2018):
- Minimum 20 years
- Maximum 28 years
A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1990 and not later than 01.09.1998 (both dates inclusive)
Age relaxation will be applicable as per government rules.
Age Relaxation permitted
|Other Backward Classes (Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
The aspirants of IBPS Clerk must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from the recognized University.
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- While filling up the online application form the candidate must have valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate with the indication of the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems are mandatory. Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer /Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language: The candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the civil examination qualifications should be matriculate ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 10.10.2018. Such certificates should be dated on or before 10.10.2018.
More Related Articles:
/ 5. Reviews