IBPS PO Descriptive Paper 2021: IBPS (Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection) has released the much-awaited recruitment notification for IBPS PO. After qualifying prelims exam candidates have to qualify for an IBPS PO descriptive paper test. The IBPS PO Descriptive Paper consists of Essay writing and Letter writing. The total marks allotted for the Descriptive paper is 25 marks. The IBPS PO mains exam overall cutoff is calculated by including the marks obtained from the Descriptive paper. This article contains the tips for Essay and Letter Writing for IBPS PO Descriptive Paper 2021. Here we have discussed the Important topics for essay writing and Letter writing. In an IBPS PO Descriptive paper test, Letter and Essay writing would be conducted after the objective test of IBPS PO mains, which is scheduled to be held on 04th Feb 2021.
IBPS PO Descriptive Paper Pattern
The following table contains the type, the number of questions, total marks, and time duration asked in IBPS PO Descriptive Paper.
|TEST||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||DURATION|
|LETTER WRITING||01||25 marks||30 minutes|
Descriptive Writing For Bank Exams – Letter Writing Types
The Descriptive Paper For Letter writing mainly comprise of two types namely:
- FORMAL LETTER
- INFORMAL LETTER
FORMAL LETTER –
- The letter should be written in a clear and precise manner.
- The letter will be written to the higher Officials, Authorities, Bank manager, News Editor, etc.,
Informal Letter :
- Informal letters are considered as personal letters.
- These letters are written to Family members, friends, relatives, etc.,
IBPS PO Descriptive paper For Exams – Important Topics For Letter Writing :
The important and latest topics For the letter writing, which the aspirants can practice for the upcoming Bank exams are Discussed Below:
Formal Letter Important Topics :
- Write a letter to the branch manager of your bank to conduct a campaign in your area to create awareness about the benefits of KYC.
- Write a letter to the General Manager of a Bank For inconvenience during UPI Transactions
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper detailing the losses suffered by local retailers during online sales during festivals.
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper about the stray animal problem getting out of hand in your locality.
- Complaint letter about hassle faced by common people due to demonetization.
- Complaint letter about increasing noise pollution.
- Complaint letter concerning the chaotic state of traffic.
- Letter to Bank Manager to reissue your ATM Card.
- Letter expressing your views on corruption in this country.
- Request letter for greater frequency of Public Transport (Bus Service) in your area.
Informal Letter Important Topics :
- Letter to your younger sister, stating the importance of a healthy diet and the reasons for avoiding junk food.
- Write a letter to your younger sibling, who has recently started working, to not take too much stress at work.
- Write a letter to your younger sibling about the recent changes in traffic rules and fines, advising him/her to be cautious
- Letter to your favorite novelist about his/her recent novel.
- Letter to your sister congratulating her on her promotion.
- Letter to your friend who is depressed.
- Letter to your parents advising them to invest in mutual funds.
- Letter to invite your friend to your Sister’s wedding.
- Letter to convince your friend to take care of her health.
IBPS PO Descriptive Paper For Exams – Essay Writing Topics:
Here, below are the latest and important topics for IBPS PO Essay Writing topics. Aspirants appearing for the exams should aware of the topics and ace the exam.
- National Health Protection Scheme.
- Agricultural Schemes to curb Farmer suicide.
- Rural banking and its Reform
- Digital Payments – Issues in India
- India’s rank in the Global Hunger Index
- Sex Discrimination in the Workplace
- Pros and Cons of Digital Economy
- Impact of Online Education
- Pros and Cons of Covid 19 Impacts.
PREPARATION TIPS FOR IBPS PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER
IBPS PO ESSAY WRITING Tips:
- Follow a uniform flow throughout your essay, the essay theme should not have any dramatic changes, the content must have a constant flow.
- Outline the Materials you are about to write, and then follow the outline to write your content.
- Always be neutral while writing, avoid taking any sides of an argument, provide both pros and cons according to the topic given.
- Unnecessary points should be avoided, try to be as precise and to the point as possible.
- Stay on the Topic, always be relevant to the topic and provide as much information as possible.
- Be as informative as you can, make sure the information provided by you is accurate.
- Divide your content into paragraphs and subparagraphs, using this method you will be able to split up the topic into many subtopics.
IBPS PO LETTER WRITING Tips:
- Learn about the correct format of the letter, you must follow the correct formal letter format which is provided to you further on the page.
- Try to be very concise while writing the letter, try to stay on the point without increasing the letter’s length.
- Use active voice for the letter, also avoid using informal words and try to be as formal as possible.
- Avoid inaccurate facts in the letter, make sure the information provided by you is accurate.
IBPS PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER – FORMAL LETTER FORMAT
Following is the Formal Letter Format that should be practiced and used in IBPS PO Descriptive Exam.
“Receivers’ Address / Address of the person to whom you are writing”
“Salutation” Dear Sir/Ma’am
“Subject of the letter”
“Body of the Letter”
“Complimentary Note/ Sign off” Yours’ faithfully
IBPS PO DESCRIPTIVE PAPER – INFORMAL LETTER FORMAT
Following is the InFormal Letter Format that should be practiced and used in IBPS PO Descriptive Exam.
(Only senders address should be mentioned in the Informal Letter)
“Body of the Letter”(Letter tone should be personal)
Ending Salutation (Yours Lovingly)
IBPS PO EXAM PATTERN
IBPS PO PRE EXAM PATTERN
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO MAINS EXAM PATTERN
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Letter and Essay writing)||2||25||30 minutes|
|TOTAL||157||225||3 hours and 30 minutes|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q 1. Is there a descriptive test in the IBPS PO exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a descriptive test in the IBPS PO mains examination. The test comprises two questions of 25 marks which need to be answered in 30 minutes.
Q 2. What type of questions are asked in the IBPS PO descriptive test?
Ans. One Essay writing and one Letter writing question are asked in the descriptive paper for the IBPS PO exam.
Q3. Is the IBPS PO descriptive test online or offline?
Ans. The IBPS PO descriptive paper test is conducted online.
Q4.When will the IBPS PO 2021 mains descriptive exam be conducted?
Ans. IBPS PO mains descriptive exam will be conducted on February 04, 2021.