IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019: The much expected IBPS PO official notification is out on 02-08-2019. Totally 4336 vacancies have been announced for this year. The preparation will be in full swing as IBPS PO is one of the dream jobs for the banking aspirants. Knowing the IBPS PO exam pattern is very important for the candidates before starting the preparation. The exam pattern provides details about subjects, their weightage, total marks, and time duration. By referring to this, candidates can plan their exam preparation. It serves as a guide for exam preparation. Here we provide the IBPS PO prelims exam pattern and IBPS PO mains exam pattern.
Name of the Organization: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Name of the Examination: IBPS PO VIII Exam
Official Website: www.ibps.in
IBPS PO Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the IBPS PO includes 3 stages namely prelims exam, mains exam, and final interview. The prelims and mains exam are the computer-based tests in online mode. Both prelims and mains exam will have the sectional timing for each subject.
- Phase I – Computer Based Test (Prelims and mains exam)
- Phase II – Personal Interview
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
- There are three sections in the IBPS PO prelims exam namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.
- Totally 100 questions are asked combining 3 sections. 20 minutes of time is given to each section. So you cannot swap between three sections. Total marks for this exam is 100.
- 0.25 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
- Shortlisted candidates from this exam will be called for the IBPS PO mains exam. You should clear both the sectional cut off and the overall cut off.
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO mains exam will have 4 sections namely reasoning & computer aptitude, English language, data analysis & interpretation, and general economy & banking awareness.
- Sectional timing is there and so you cannot swap between the sections.
- 1/4th of the marks is deducted for every wrong answer.
- After completing the 4 sections, a descriptive test will appear. It will be in online mode.
- In the descriptive test, you have to type a letter-writing and an essay in 30 minutes.
- Students clearing the mains cutoff will be called for the final interview round. Candidates should clear both the sectional cut off and the overall cut off.
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Detailed IBPS PO Syllabus (Prelims & Mains) is here
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
Phase II – Personal Interview:
The candidates who clear the mains cutoff are called for the personal interview round. The total marks for this round is 100. Candidates should score at least 40% to clear the interview round. For reserved candidates, the minimum qualifying marks is 35%. In the final merit list preparation, the mark is converted to 20. The final allotment is done based on the marks obtained from the mains exam and interview. The ratio marks taken from the mains exam and interview is 80:20 respectively. In the interview round the communication skills and personality of the candidates are examined.
- Minimum passing percentage- 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates.
- Minimum passing percentage- 40% for all other candidates.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips:
Our experts have guided the candidates with some important tips that may be useful for them to secure high marks and clear the cut-off. section-wise tips were given and this may be useful for the candidates to plan their exam strategy.
Here the Complete IBPS PO Study Plan 2019
The English Language:
- Reading daily newspapers will surely improve your vocabulary skills.
- Learn all the rules of grammar. If you improve your grammar knowledge you can score easily in the topics like cloze test, error spotting, and fillers.
- Try more number of mock tests to strengthen you in reading comprehension and jumbled sentences. If you are strong in these topics your performance will stand out among many competitors.
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude:
- This is the tricky section which might test the patience of the candidates in the exam.
- Learn the basic concepts for every topic which will help you to solve the questions in a short time period.
- Try a more difficult level of seating arrangements in our mock test packages. It will make you more familiar with such type of questions. So that you can approach any high-level puzzles and seating arrangements in an easy way and solve it in a minimum possible time period. Also, this will save your time considerably in the exam.
- In topics like syllogism, inequality use the tricks to solve them quickly. In these topics, you can score in bulk within very less time.
- In prelims, only reasoning questions are asked. But in the mains exam, this section may also additionally contain computer aptitude questions. So for that prepare the basics of computer hardware, software, networks, operating system, etc.
- Learn all the basic formulas to solve the questions.
- Learn to use the short cut technique for the quadratic equations. It helps to solve the difficult problems quickly.
- For simplification and approximation use the fast calculation tricks. So you can score more marks effortlessly. These topics will easily fetch you around 15 to 20 marks in the prelims exam.
- For difficult word problems in the mains exam, hard work is a must. Attempt more mock test series in our site and gain experience in solving these types of questions. Also, this topic might be a game-changer in the mains exam. So put some extra effort to brighten your chances of victory.
- Maintain a good speed and accuracy which will save you from the negative marking. Also, don’t do the fluke works.
General and Banking Awareness:
- If you are prepared well you can score bulk amount within a very few minutes.
- Prepare handwritten notes separately for current affairs, banking awareness and static GK questions. It will be useful for your revision at any time.
- Learn all the banking and financial terminologies which will fetch you the marks easily.
- Try mock tests regularly and remember all the important appointments, awards, honors, days, obituaries and sports terminologies.
IBPS PO Interview Tips:
- Update yourself with all the current affairs and banking terminologies.
- Candidates should neatly dressed and well-groomed for the interview.
- Enter the hall with permission and greet all the members of the interview panel.
- Maintain smile and proper eye contact with all the panel members.
- Forward your CV to the interviewer. Answer the questions in a bold and smart way.
- Don’t get panic at any stage of the interview.
- When the interviewer is done with the interview, stand up politely, shake hands with the interview panel members and leave the room quietly.
Find IBPS PO Interview Experience is here
Importance of IBPS PO Mock Test:
- Our experts have prepared numerous questions by analyzing various factors such as high competition level, changing pattern & syllabus, last year’s toughness level, etc,.
- Practicing continuously with our IBPS PO mock test you can gain hope to solve any new pattern of questions.
- Rigorous practice with our IBPS PO mock test series will increase your speed and accuracy considerably. Hence automatically your attempts and score will go high.
- Practicing with our IBPS PO mock test will give you the real feel of attending the test in the exam center. By giving more trials you can completely wipe off your exam time nervous feel.
- By practicing exams with time set, you can get an idea of selecting questions in smart way.
- Practicing with our IBPS PO mock test will upgrade your reasoning skills and you can get the ability to approach any higher level puzzles in an easy way and solve it in a minimum time period.
- You will get the detailed answer key after completing the exam in our IBPS PO mock test. This will help you to analyze your errors and correct it.
Take Exclusive Paid Mock Test Series:
So candidates kindly make use of IBPS PO mock test series available at our site any time.
/ 5. Reviews