IBPS PO Interview 2018
There is tough competition as only one-third of the candidates who clear the Mains exam are selected for the final phase. The last phase in the IBPS PO exam is interview. Written examination analyzes the speed and accuracy of a candidate while interview assesses the overall quality of a candidate. Never ever miss this golden opportunity by doing silly mistakes.
Personal Interview deals with your attitude, knowledge, confidence, fluency etc. So, it is not only your knowledge but also your ability to deliver your knowledge and thoughts. Dress properly and carry yourself with confidence. Please carry your IBPS PO call letter while going for the interview. Follow the instructions given below in the IBPS PO Interview and land up in your dream job.
Tips for IBPS PO Interview
- Research deeply on the bank: Please conduct an in-depth research of the bank and the job profile for which you are going to attend interview. In the questions that are asked by the interviewer, at least 2-3 will be related to the company and the job profile. So, before you go for the interview, it is necessary that take some time to visit their website, read about their services and also about the bank.
- Please dress properly: Please do not attend the interview by wearing casual clothes. Make sure that your dress attire should build a good impression to your interviewer. Wear smart formals for the interview whether you are going for a private sector bank or public sector bank. Women can wear a light-colored cotton saree or salwaar kameez with a plain dupatta or a blazer with light colored blouse and trousers. Please use minimum jewelry and makeup. Men can wear a light-colored shirt and dark colored trousers and a plain tie. Please do not wear sports shoes. Wear polished formal shoes.
- Know your resume: You should know what you have included in your resume. As you will be asked questions from your resume. So, be prepared for the questions.
- Arrive on time: Never be late for your interview as it will create a bad impression on the interviewer. Reach at least 15-20 minutes before the interview. It will give you time to calm down and relax.
- Switch-off your cell phone: Please switch off your cell phone or keep it on silent mode before you enter the cabin of your interviewer.
- Be polite: Greet your interviewer with a handshake and a smile on your face. Do not sit until you are asked to take a seat.
- Pay attention to your body language: Do not indulge in activities like nail-biting, fidgeting, shaking legs, playing with your pen/hair etc. Do not witch your posture throughout the whole interview. This will make you appear confident and relaxed.
- Don’t say bad things about your previous employer: Never say bad things about your previous employer. Doing so will make the interviewer think that you might just do the same with them also.
- Never answer with an “I don’t know”: If you do not know how to answer a question in the interview, do not say “I don’t know”. Instead, ask some time from your interviewer to think of an answer.
- Thank the interviewer: Ensure that you don’t leave the interview room without thanking the interviewer for giving his/her precious time.
Do’s & Don’ts for IBPS PO Interview
- Get an excuse even if the door is open before entering the Interview hall.
- Wish the Interview person with the salutations (Sir/Madam).
- Dress appropriately – boys dressed up in formals and girls in formal saree or salwar.
- Sit erect and maintain eye contact with the Interview person.
- It is preferable to wear light colored shirts and dark colored pants for boys and added tie is mandatory.
- Carry your IBPS PO Interview call letter along with required documents.
- Remove Mehandi or nail polish while leaving for an interview.
- Avoid darkly shaded dresses.
- Avoiding swinging the hands while walking.
- Never wear a sports shoe.
- Don’t lean on the table and never put your file folder on the table.
- If you never know the answer to the question accepts it, never get into an argument.
In general, the interviewer looks for good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to deal with customers, knowledge of the industry as well as the ability of the person to grow with the organization. In this Success Stories, many of the aspirants who have attended the interview process have shared the testimonials. You may gain some useful information to attend IBPS PO Interview from their views too.
/ 5. Reviews