IBPS SO Notification is expected soon for the year of 2019 and the Online Examination for IBPS SO 2019 Recruitment is about to conduct exam in the month of December. We Know that aspirants are started preparing for IBPS SO and started their preparation to tackle all the questions asking in IBPS SO 2019 examination. This year IBPS SO 2019 exam pattern has introduced some new changes here. So, Here we are giving information about the IBPS SO Syllabus and Detailed analysis about the New Exam Pattern. Furthermore, Candidates those how are preparing for IBPS SO 2019.
can utilize this IBPS SO Syllabus. Also, We are also given Important Study materials based on IBPS SO Syllabus and important topics for your reference.
IBPS SO 2019 Notification | IBPS SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Dear Readers, IBPS has already announced the tentative dates for IBPS SO Exam. ie on 29th and 30th December of 2018. Now, We have very less time. So, start your preparation from now towards your goal. Here we have provided the exam pattern, detailed syllabus and all essential information about IBPS SO 2019.
IBPS SO 2019 | IBPS SO Syllabus
|Name of the Exam||Name of the Post||IBPS SO Syllabus – Click Below|
|I.T Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS IT Officer Syllabus|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS SO|
|RajBhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||IBPS Specialist Officer|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||Specialist Officer|
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||IBPS SO|
IBPS SO 2019 Notification | IBPS SO Exam Pattern
|Name of the Exam||Name of the Post||Selection Process|
IBPS SO 2019
|I.T Officer (Scale-I)|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)|
|RajBhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)|
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)|
IBPS SO 2019 | Post Roles and Responsibilities
|1||I.T Officer (Scale-I)||To handle the software, server, database related issues in the bank|
|2||Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||To verify and check the agricultural fields of a person, before providing loans on agricultural fields whether he deserves or not.|
|3||RajBhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||To translate the official documents into Rajbhasha|
|4||Law Officer (Scale-I)||To handle the legal issues in the bank|
|5||HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||To play a vital role in staff recruitment, training, development and welfare aspects.|
|6||Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||To coordinate all business development activities such as, marketing, advertising, social media, networking activities.|
Newly changed Selection Process for IBPS SO 2019:
The exam will be conducted in three phases:
- Mains and
- Interview Process.
A candidate must appear for the Prelims first and the selected candidates can appear for the Mains Exam.
- Now, The sectional timing is introduced for the preliminary exam.
Also, the Score of Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration for the final allotment. Final selection will be based on the Mains Exam and Interview Process.
Only the Professional Knowledge question will be asked in the mains examination.
IBPS SO 2019 PRELIMS
- Questions Type: Objective Test
- No. of Questions: 150
- Total Time Allocated: 2 Hours
- Negative Mark: ¼ of the Mark will be reduced
IBPS SO 2019 PRELIMINARY EXAM PATTERN 2019
IBPS SO 2019 For the Post of Law officer and Raj Bhasha Adhikari
|Section||No. Of Questions||Total Marks||
|2.||English Language||50||25||40 Minutes|
|3.||General Awareness with Special Reference to banking||50||50||40 Minutes|
IBPS SO 2019 For other Specialist Officers (Agriculture Field Officer, Marketing Officer (Scale I), HR/Personnel Officer, IT Officer Scale I)
|Section||No Of Questions||Total Marks||
|2.||English Language||50||25||40 Minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 Minutes|
IBPS SO MAINS EXAM PATTERN 2019
IBPS SO 2019 For the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
Name of the Test
|No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||English & Hindi||
IBPS SO 2019 – For the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
Name of the Test
|No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||
|English & Hindi||30 Minutes|
|Professional Knowledge(Descriptive)||2||English & Hindi||30 Minutes|
IBPS SO 2019 Interview Process
Candidates who qualified the Mains Exam will be finally called for the Interview Process by IBPS. It is really important for candidates to Prepare well in the Interview Process as the final selection of a candidate is based on how he/she performed in this final round of the IBPS SO Recruitment Process.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2019 Prelims – Detailed IBPS SO Syllabus Topic Wise:
IBPS SO Syllabus – Reasoning Section | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
We can expect questions from the following topics:
- Data Sufficiency
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric Series
- Direction sense
- Statement & Argument
- Decision Making
- Seating Arrangement
IBPS SO Syllabus – English Section | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
This section majorly contains grammar questions. We can expect questions from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze test
- Para jumbles
IBPS SO Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude Section | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
This section majorly consists of two part i.e. data interpretation and arithmetic.
IBPS SO Syllabus – Arithmetic Section contains | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
- Number System(Number Series and Simplification)
- Ratio & proportion
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Profit & Loss
- Simple & Compound Interest
IBPS SO Syllabus – Data Interpretation section contains | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
- Pie Chart
- Bar Graph
- Line graph
IBPS SO Syllabus – General Awareness (For the post of Law officer and Rajbhasha Adhikari):
This section contains current affairs pertaining to banking awareness.
IBPS SO Syllabus 2019 Mains – Detailed Topic Wise IBPS SO Syllabus:
IBPS SO Syllabus for Professional Knowledge | IBPS Specialist Officer Syllabus
This section has questions based on the post you are applying for. This section will have questions based on your graduation syllabus.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer (Scale I) Syllabus
- Database Management System
- Data Communication and Networking
- Operating System
- Software Engineering
- Data Structure
- Compiler Design
- Object Oriented Programming
- Computer Organization and Microprocessor
- Networking Security
- Data Mining
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I) IBPS SO Syllabus
- Basics of Crop production
- Seed Science
- Agronomy and Irrigation
- Agricultural Economies
- Agricultural Practices
- Soil resources
- Animal Husbandry
- Government Schemes
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – Marketing Officer (Scale I) IBPS SO Syllabus
- Basics of Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Business Ethics
- Market Segmentation
- Market research and forecasting demand
- Product Life Cycle
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Service Marketing
- Marketing Strategies
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – Law Officer (Scale I) IBPS SO Syllabus
- Banking Regulations
- Compliance and Legal Aspects
- Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, foreign exchange
- Prevention of Money laundering, Limitation Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- Banking Ombudsman Scheme
- Laws and Actions with direct link to Banking Sector
- Bankers Book Evidence Act
- DRT Act
IBPS SO Specialist Officer – HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I) IBPS SO Syllabus
- Human Resource Development
- Business policy and strategic analysis
- Transnational Analysis
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Rewards and Recognition
- Industrial Relations
- Business Policy and Strategic Analysis
- Grievance and Conflict Management
- Performance Management and Appraisal
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus– 2019
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 1: DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The IBPS SO Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO DBMS
File Systems Organization – Sequential, Pointer, Indexed, Direct – Purpose of Database System-Database System Terminologies-Database characteristics- Data models -Types of data models —Components of DBMS- Relational Algebra LOGICAL DATABASE DESIGN: Relational DBMS – Codd’s Rule – Entity-Relationship model – Extended ER Normalization — Functional Dependencies, Anomaly-1 NF to 5NF- Domain Key Normal Form — Denormalization.
IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus – IBPS SO Syllabus
UNIT II SQL & QUERY OPTIMIZATION SQL
Standards – Data types – Database Objects- DDL-DML-DCL-TCL-Embedded SQL-Static Vs Dynamic SQL – QUERY OPTIMIZATION: Query Processing and Optimization – Heuristics and Cost Estimates in Query Optimization.
IBPS SO Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus
UNIT III TRANSACTION PROCESSING AND CONCURRENCY CONTROL Introduction-Properties of Transaction- Serializability- Concurrency Control – Locking Mechanisms- Two Phase Commit Protocol-Dead lock.
IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus – IBPS SO Syllabus
UNIT IV TRENDS IN DATABASE TECHNOLOGY
Overview of Physical Storage Media – Magnetic Disks – RAID – Tertiary storage -File Organization – Organization of Records in Files – Indexing and Hashing – Ordered Indices – B+ tree Index Files – B tree Index Files – Static Hashing – Dynamic Hashing – Introduction to Distributed Databases- Client server technology- Multidimensional and Parallel databases- Spatial and multimedia databases- Mobile and web databases- Data Warehouse-Mining- Data marts.
IBPS SO Syllabus – IBPS SO IT Officer Syllabus
UNIT V ADVANCED TOPICS
DATABASE SECURITY: Data Classification-Threats and risks – Database access Control – Types of Privileges – Cryptography- Statistical Databases. – Distributed Databases-Architecture-Transaction Processing-Data Warehousing and Mining – Classification – Association – rules-Clustering-Information Retrieval Relevance ranking-Crawling Databases and Indexing the Web- Object Oriented Databases-XML Databases
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 2: DATA COMMUNICATION AND NETWORKING
- Data Communication:Components of a data communication – Data flow: simplex – half duplex – full duplex; Networks – Definition – Network criteria – Types of Connections: Point to point – multipoint; Topologies: Star, Bus, Ring, Mesh, Hybrid – Advantages and Disadvantages of each topology.
- Types of Networks: LAN – MAN – WAN – CAN – HAN – Internet – Intranet –Extranet, Client-Server, Peer To Peer Networks.
- Transmission Media : Classification of transmission media – Guided – Twisted pair, Coaxial, Fiber optics; Unguided – Radio waves – Infrared – LOS – VSAT – cabling and standards
- Network devices: Features and concepts of Switches – Routers(Wired and Wireless) – Gateways.
- Network Models:Protocol definition – standards – OSI Model – layered architecture – functions of all layers..
- Data Link Layer: Framing & its methods, Flow Control, Error control. DLL Protocol, Piggybacking & Pipelining. MAC Sub layer, Media access control for LAN & WAN, collision, IEEE 802 standards for LAN & MAN & their comparison. Ethernet, Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless, Bluetooth.
- Network Layer:Routing, Congestion Control Algorithms, IP protocol, IP Addresses, Comparative study of IPv4 & IPv6, Mobile IP.
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)– User Datagram Protocol, Data Traffic, Congestion Control and Quality of Service
- Network Security:Cryptography, Message Security, Digital Signature, User Authentication, Key Management, Security Protocols Internet,DNS,SMTP, FTP, HTTP, WWW, Virtual Terminal Protocol.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 3: OPERATING SYSTEM
- Introduction to System:Programs & Operating Systems, Buffering & Spooling, Types of Operating System.
- File concepts, Access methods:Free space managements, allocation methods, directory systems, protection, organization,sharing & implementation issues, etc.
- Process Concepts:ProcessControl Blocks (PCB), Scheduling criteria Preemptive & non Preemptive process scheduling, Scheduling algorithms, algorithm evaluation, multiple processor scheduling, real time scheduling, threads, critical section problem, semaphores, and classical problems of synchronization, etc.
- Memory Hierarchy: logical and physical address space, swapping, contiguous and non-contiguous allocation, paging, segmentation, Concepts of virtual memory, Cache Memory Organization, demand paging, page replacement algorithms, allocation of frames, thrashing, demand segmentation.
- Distributed operating system: Types, Design issues, File system, Remote file access, RPC, RMI, Distributed Shared Memory(DSM), Basic Concept of Parallel Processing & Concurrent Programming
- Security & threats protection: Security violation through Parameter, Computer Worms & Virus, Security Design Principle, Authentications, Protection Mechanisms.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 4: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
- The Software Productand Software Process Models, Software Process customization and improvement.
- Requirement Elicitation,Analysis, and Specification Functional and Non-functional requirements, Validation, Trace ability.
- Software Design, Architectural Design, User Interface Design, Function-oriented Design, SA/SD Component Based Design, Design Metrics.
- A Software Analysis and Testing, Software Test Process, Testing Levels, Test Criteria, Test Case Design, Test Oracles, Test Techniques, Black-Box Testing, etc.
- Software Maintenance &Software Project Measurement: Software Configuration Management (SCM), Re-engineering, Reverse Engineering. Project Management Concepts, Feasilibility Analysis, Project and Process Planning, Resources Project Scheduling and Tracking, etc.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 5: DATA STRUCTURE
- Introduction:Basic Terminology, Data types and its classification, Array Definition, Representation and Analysis of Arrays, Single and Multidimensional Arrays, etc.
- Stack, Array Implementation of stack, Linked Representation of Stack, Queue, Array and linked implementation of queues, Circular queues, D-queues and Priority Queues. Linked list, Generalized linked list.
- Trees:Basic terminology, Binary Trees, Complete Binary Tree, Extended Binary Trees, Array and Linked Representation of Binary trees, etc.
- Internal and Externalsorting, Insertion Sort, Bubble Sort, selection sort Quick Sort, Merge Sort, Heap Sort, Radix sort, Searching & Hashing: Sequential search, binary search, Hash Table, Hash Functions, etc.
- Graphs: Introduction, Sequential Representations of Graphs, Adjacency Matrices, Traversal, Connected Component and Spanning Trees, Minimum Cost Spanning Trees.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 6: COMPILER DESIGN
- Introduction to Compiler, Phases and passes, Bootstrapping, Implementation of lexical analyzers, LEX: lexical analyzer generator, Input buffering, Recognition of tokens, Error handling.
- Basic Parsing Techniques: Parsers, Shift reduce parsing, operator precedence parsing, top down parsing, predictive parsers, LR parsers , an automatic parser generator
- Syntax directed definitions,L-attributed definitions, Syntax directed Translators, Intermediate code, etc.
- Symbol Tables,Run-Time Administration, simple stack allocation scheme, storage allocation in block structured language, Code Optimization and Code Generation
- Parsing control statements, syntax diagrams, Error Recovery, Interpreting control statements, parsing programs, procedures and Functions.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 7: COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND MICROPROCESSOR
- Computer System:Basic Computer Operation, Machine Instructions, Addressing Modes, DLX Architecture.
- Computer Configuration,Memory organization, Memory Architecture and Interface, DMA, Synchronization, etc.
- Microprocessor As A CPU– types of Microprocessor, Microcomputers, Computer Languages, Flags, Program Counter (PC), Stack Pointer, OP Code Format, etc.
- Input-output System.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 8: OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOPS)
- General concept OOPS– Object, Classes, Data Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Methods and Messages, Dynamic Binding.
- Features,Advantages and Applications of OOPS.
- Aggregation and Association, Generalization, Multiple Inheritance.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 9: NETWORKING SECURITY:
- Conventional Encryption, Data Encryption Standard(DES)
- Cryptanalysis(Block Cipher, P Box)
- Private key and Public key Cryptography,
- Diffie and Hellman
- Rivest-Shamir-Adelman method(RSA), Intruders,
- IP security, Web security, Firewalls, Virus.
IBPS IT Officer Syllabus SUBJECT 10: DATA MINING:
- Data mining
- Online Analytical Processing(OLAP)
NOTE: This is complete syllabus of Graduation Level. Don’t be panic by seeing this entire syllabus. Be confident and keep trust on IBPS GUIDE TEAM.