Dear Readers, Here we have given the important highlights of ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup – 2018 which was held at New Zealand, this is most important Current Affairs Topic for upcoming Syndicate Bank PO, Canara Bank PO & SBI Clerk 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for the examination can make use of it.
The ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup is an international cricket tournament organized by the International Cricket Council (ICC) of national under-19 teams. The tournament was first conducted in 1988, as the Youth World Cup, it was not staged again until 1998. The first edition of the tournament had only eight participants, but now it is extended to sixteen teams. India, the current champions, has won the World Cup four times which is the highest amongst all teams, while Australia has won thrice, Pakistan twice and England, South Africa, and the West Indies once each.
About ICC U-19 CRICKET WORLD CUP-2018:
The 16 teams have been divided into four groups of four teams each. All teams in each group will play each other once. The top two from each group will qualify for the quarter-finals. The top four will qualify for the semi-finals. The final was held between India and Australia on February 3 at Mount Maunganui. In the match India taste the victory by 8 wickets (Indian Batsman Manjot Kalra scored 101 runs in 102 balls).
Highlights of ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup-2018:
- Name of Indian Captain: Prithvi Shaw.
- Indian Coach: Rahul Dravid.
- Man of the Series: Shubman Gill. (372 Runs in 6 matches).
- Man of the Match: Manjot Kalra scored 101 runs in 102 balls.
- Most Runs in the tournament: A Athanaze (Windies) (413 runs) .
- Most Wickets in the tournament: Anukul Sudhakar Roy (14 in 6 matches).
BCCI announces prize money for victorious India U19 team.
- Rahul Dravid, Head Coach India U19 – INR 50 lakhs.
- Members of India U19 team – INR 30 lakhs each.
- Members of the Support Staff, India U19 – INR 20 lakhs each.
- Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Rangiora Oval, Rangiora
- Bert Sutcliffe Oval, Lincoln
- Lincoln Green, Lincoln
- John Davies Oval, Queenstown
- Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
- Cobham Oval, Whangarei
/ 5. Reviews