Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd week of October 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming IBPS PO, Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 2nd Week of October 2018
1) Air Force Day 2018 will be celebrated all over India on – 8th of October
2) IIT-Kharagpur was named the national coordinating institute of the – Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)
3) Karnataka Unveils ‘Unnati Scheme’ To Help Entrepreneurs From – SC/ST Communities
4) RBI approved formation of ‘Kerala Bank’ having capital of – Rs 650 bn
5) Government appoints former Canara Bank MD Rakesh Sharma as – IDBI MD
6) Flipkart Forays Into Insurance With – Bajaj Allianz
7) Chairman of International Advertising Association is – Srinivasan Swamy
8) Ambassador and India’s permanent representative to (UNCD) is – Pankaj Sharma.
9) New chairman of the working committee and director of World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) is – Vikram Limaye
10) The best department for its contribution to “Swachchta Pakhwada” under the “Swachchta Hi Seva” category is – Ministry of Railways.
11) CII has Signed MoU for coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development with – UN Environment.
12) Book “Feisty At Fifty” is released by – Sudha Menon.
13) Country’s biggest skill competition ‘India Skills 2018’ concludes in – New Delhi
14) MobiKwik launched an instant loan approval and disbursal product called – ‘Boost’.
15) Top brand in the world in 2018 is – Apple
16) India-Japan maritime exercise commences at – Visakhapatnam
17) Japanese Grand Prix is won by – Lewis Hamilton
18) World Post day happens each year on – October 9
19) Crop damages in wild animal attacks put under – Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna.
20) NASSCOM unveils the Centre of Excellence for IoT in – Haryana
21) Earth will reach 1.5 degrees Celsius threshold by – 2030
22) Nitin Gadkari to lay the foundation stone for development of Ghagra River as – National Waterway
23) Maharashtra launches website and app to analyze drought situation the name of the app is – Maha madat
24) Centre granted Rs.450 crore for backward districts of – Telangana
25) Karnataka Unveils ‘Unnati Scheme’ to Help Entrepreneurs From – SC/ST Communities
26) State government that has launched a scheme aimed to provide free electricity to farmers of the state is – Rajasthan
27) NHB decides to increase the Refinance Limit to Rs.30,000 crore for the Current Year
28) ISSA GOOD Practice Award, Asia & the Pacific 2018 was won by – ESIC
29) Eminent cancer surgeon who was conferred Dhanvantari Award is – Sultan Pradhan
30) Women achievers meet at UN forum in – Bengaluru
31) Pankaj Sharma was appointed as India’s Ambassador to – Conference on Disarmament of United Nations
32) Sumitra Mahajan inaugurated Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference of India Region, Zone III in – Guwahati
33) Bharti Airtel acquired artificial intelligence (AI) service provider – AuthMe ID Services
34) World Under-16 Snooker Championships won by – Keerthana Pandian
35) U19 Asia Cup 2018 title was won by – India
36) India, England, Sri Lanka to play blind cricket tri-series in – Goa
37) National Postal Day is celebrated every year on – October 10
38) World Mental Health Day is celebrated on – October 10
39) Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium dedicated to people in – Sri Lanka
40) China to sell 48 high end armed drones to – Pakistan
41) Japanese Passport Named World’s Most Powerful, India ranks – 81st
42) Union Home Ministry will soon add Pondicherry police to – UT force
43) Thamirabarani Maha Pushkaram festival celebrating from Oct 12 to Oct 23 ‘2018 in – Tamilnadu
44) Nilgiris district administration proposed a 10 km road through – Sathyamangalam tiger reserve.
45) PM Modi Unveils Chhotu Ram’s Statue at Hooda Family Turf in Haryana’s – Rohtak
46) Government hikes interest for gratuity funds to – 8%
47) Nikki Haley resigns as US ambassador to the – UN
48) Government reconstitutes Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority under – Bhure Lal.
49) Midday Young Achiever Icons Award 2018 is won by – Ruhan Rajput
50) Deming Prize is won by – Rane NSK.
51) Partner state of Goa International Film Festival is – Jharkhand.
52) Minister of State for Commerce Attends India and West Africa Conclave in – Nigeria
53) Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Missile called – Ghauri Ballistic.
54) The International Day of the Girl Child is celebrated annually on – 11th October
55) India’s first National Environment Survey to kick off in – 2019
56) External Affairs Ministry launches India for – Humanity initiative
57) Cabinet approves merger of NCVT, NSDA to form – NCVET
58) Scientists from US develop world’s first – Bioelectronics medicine
59) Nitin Gadkari laid Foundation Stone For Rs1,224 Crore Highway Projects In – Uttar Pradesh
60) The state which has flags off test run of state’s first electric bus is – Uttarakhand
61) Delhi has signed twin-city agreement with – Moscow
62) DRDO’s remotely operated vehicle inducted in – Pune police
63) Maharashtra approves Rs 1,610 cr for – Tarli irrigation project
64) BPCL To Set Up Country’s 1st Biofuel Plant In – Odisha
65) Cyclone ‘Titli’ intensifies into severe cyclonic storm in – Odisha, Andhra
66) National Housing Bank Increases Refinance Limit From Rs24,000 Crore To – Rs 30,000 Crore
67) Government shuts down loss-making companies – NJMC, BJEL
68) The new Solicitor General of India is – Tushar Mehta.
69) Government panel set to probe e-commerce firms’ big discounts
70) The 29th Accountants General conference was inaugurated in – New Delhi
71) The Organics and Millets International Trade Fair 2019 held in – Bangalore
72) IAF launches mobile health app called – MedWatch.
73) Ukraine Launches Air Exercises With NATO Countries called – Clear Sky 2018
74) World Arthritis Day 2018 is observed on – October 12
75) Cabinet approves establishment of permanent campuses of two new IISERs at – Tirupati and Berhampur
76) NITI Aayog has organised Workshop on – ‘Best Practices in International Arbitration’
77) Centre exempts Sikh women from wearing helmet in – Chandigarh
78) Union Cabinet approves Productivity linked bonus for – Railway Employees
79) The 3D-printed meals was created by scientist of – British
80) Punjab launches mobile apps to check stubble burning – i-Khet, e-PEHaL and e-Prevent
81) IWAI to launch Ro-Ro service to Majuli Island in – Assam
82) Health ministry confirms 22 Zika cases in – Rajasthan
83) Country’s first Second Generation (2G) Ethanol Bio-Refinery plant in – Odisha
84) Yes Bank hires headhunter to assist search panel for new CEO is – Korn Ferry
85) Bank of Baroda MD & CEO who gets one-year extension is – Jayakumar
86) Rakesh Sharma has taken charge as the managing director and chief executive officer of – IDBI bank
87) India’s third Chief Statistician is – Pravin Srivastava.
88) India’s first ‘Miss Trans Queen’ is – Veena Sendre
89) Badminton coach who has been honoured with the Ramineni Foundation’s Outstanding Person award – Pullela Gopichand.
90) Sushma Swaraj Participates In 17th CHG Meeting Of SCO In – Tajikistan
91) Sushil Modi releases book – ‘Lalu Leela’
92) The book “The Paradoxical Prime Minister: Narendra Modi And His India” has been authored by Congress parliamentarian – Shashi Tharoor
93) The rank of India in Global Hunger Index is – 103
94) Rank of India in Oxfam world inequality index is – 147th
95) India suffered $79.5 billion economic loss due to climate-related disasters in – Last 20 years
96) Country which has abolished the death penalty for all crimes is – Malaysia
97) World’s Most Innovative University is – Stanford University of California
98) Government approves special package for footwear and leather sector in – Tamilnadu
99) TN CM inaugurated Centre of Excellence at – MIT
100) WEF launches Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution in – Maharashtra, India
101) ISRO signs MoU with Central University of Jammu for setting up of – Space Science Centre
102) the state which has launched Blue Revolution for – Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries – Meghalaya
103) The bank which has signed MoU with Nepal’s National Banking Institute for human resource development is – SBI.
104) India’s 3rd Chief Statistician is – Pravin Srivastava
105) Best Sportsperson of the Year by SJAM is – Rahul Aware
106) Website for Aero India 2019 launched by Minister of Defence
107) IND-INDO CORPAT: 32nd edition of India-Indonesia coordinated patrol being held in – Indonesia.
108) World Standards Day is celebrated internationally each year on – 14 October
109) India and Sri Lanka sign two MoU for construction of – 1200 houses
110) The state which will soon house an institute for political training – Ghaziabad
111) Haryana’s first autism research centre opens in Gurugram.
112) RBI to inject Rs 12000 crore into system on Oct 11 to manage liquidity through – OMO.
113) Former SBI chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya joins – ChrysCapital as advisor
114) Centre to set up committee to examine – #MeToo cases
115) Sikkim’s 100% organic farming wins FAO’s – Future Policy Gold Award
116) NITI Aayog, Microsoft sign agreement to bring in AI tools for – Agriculture and Healthcare
117) Shashi Tharoor introduces book and a 29-letter word – Floccinaucinihilipilification
118) 2019 World Relays is hosted by – Japan
119) First Indian To Get World Championship Seeding is – Bajrang Punia.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (08th to 14th October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (01st to 07th October 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th September 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th August 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th July 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th June 2018)||Click Here to Download|