Dear Aspirants, the preliminary examination of IBPS PO 2018 is already over. Candidates who have cleared the prelims must be concerned regarding the mains exam preparation. You should be well-prepared to deal with the exam questions as the pattern of bank exams are incessantly changing.
IBPS PO Mains exam is scheduled to be held on November 18, 2018. We are sharing here a comprehensive plan to score maximum marks in the forthcoming IBPS PO Mains Examination. Before beginning your preparation, it is essential to plan everything in a smart way that you are able to do with the exam pattern and revision on time.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/ Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|2.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability &
|4.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
(Letter Writing & Essay)
Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test has separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks is a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
**Important Note: Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed effectively high as per total marks in the objective test.
General/ Economy/Banking Awareness
- In order to score more marks in GA section, aspirants need to aware on the day to day happenings. It is essential to cover 5 to 6 months of current affairs before the mains exam date.
- Try to focus on the important news of banking, economy and other general news. We are providing a daily update of current affairs, power capsule, and monthly CA capsule that contains only important news as per the exam point of view.
- Recollect the current affairs often thus it will accumulate in your mind and so during the exam, you can answer the GK questions quickly.
- Be thorough in the banking and static awareness questions so you can easily enhance your scores.
- Scoring maximum marks in this English section may vary depending upon the aspirants. Candidates who are good at grammar can prefer to attempt grammar-related questions like Error Detection, Sentence Correction or Sentence Improvement. Then, try to attempt the Cloze Test, Para Jumbles, Double Fillers, Phrase Replacement questions.
- In Reading Comprehension, try to attempt synonyms and antonyms related questions first. Then, move on to questions that require a deeper penetration throughout the paragraphs.
- Don’t just guess the answers as it may lead to negative marks so you should be careful while choosing to attempt the English Section questions.
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- Start with the questions that you can solve in less time to score more marks.
Example: Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Order & Ranking, Syllogism, and Inequalities.
- Attempt the Seating Arrangement and Puzzle type questions that are time-consuming first. These questions should be attempted at the end after attempting half of the section. Then, if you have further time, you can solve the remaining moderate level questions of puzzle and seating arrangement topics.
- Then, try to attempt the questions from the topics like the course of action, passage inference, and conclusion based questions.
- As an aspirant, you should revise the basics of the computer though not many questions are asked about computers.
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- First, try to attempt the questions on Inequalities (Quantity I and Quantity II), Wrong number series and Data sufficiency topics.
- Data Interpretation – There will be maximum 3 to 4 DI sets will be asked. Both will Most of the questions will be moderate and calculative. But there will be at least 2 doable questions out of 5 in each set which take hardly a minute. So you have to find out those questions and attempt it first. This sort of observation comes only after a lot of practice.
- Then try to attempt miscellaneous topics questions.
- Miscellaneous – This is a group of diverse topics like ratio & proportion, speed & distance, time & work, ages and a lot more. So you have to attempt the questions first which are from your strong topic. After that, if you have time then increase your number of attempts.
- Descriptive Test will check your writing, analyzing and summarizing skills. It will be conducted online in English after the end of the objective test.
- To get shortlisted for Descriptive test evaluation, candidates are supposed to acquire a minimum score in each section of the objective test.
- Aspirants need to mention the essential and important points about the given topic that has been asked in a word limitation. Try to avoid unnecessary points so you will not waste your words as it will be an obstacle for cracking this test.
Candidates are requested to consider all above the important guidelines to crack the IBPS PO Mains 2018 lucratively. We have included all obligatory points in this thorough plan that helps you to crack your desired dream. All the Best!!!
/ 5. Reviews