A complete list of Nobel Prize Winners 2018
The list of Nobel Prize Winners 2018 was released recently. Nobel Prize Winners 2018 awarded to the persons who have given excellent contributions in various fields. The Nobel Prize Winners 2018 were announced in 6 different fields that are Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Peace and Economic Sciences. Actually, the Nobel Prize winners 2018 got recognition at international level in their respective field. The Nobel Prize nominees are not announced publicly. Next, all the committee members will list out the nominees into 200 candidates. So, Nobel Prize winners 2018 are declared for 12 persons in various fields. Here, we are providing all the winner’s list that will make you remember all the winners in a one go.
Nobel Prize Winners 2018: Complete list Here
|1.||Physiology or Medicine||For their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation||James P. Allison(USA), Tasuku Honjo(Japan)|
|2.||Physics||For their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical pulses in the field of laser physics||Gérard Mourou(France),
|3.||Chemistry||For control of evolution and used it for purposes that bring the greatest benefit to humankind.||George Smith (USA),
Frances Arnold (USA),
Greg Winter (UK)
|4.||Literature||This year no Nobel Prize for Literature|
|5.||Peace||For their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.||Denis Mukwege (Democratic Republic of the Congo),
Nadia Murad (Germany)
|6.||Economic Sciences||For work on climate change, and the endogenous growth theory||William Nordhaus (US)
History of the Nobel Prize:
From the past several years the Nobel Prize has been given by the Royal Swedish Academy of science and Norwegian Nobel Committee in recognition of Medicine (Physiology), Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Economics, and Peace. Nobel Prize for Economics was introduced in the year 1968 by the Swedish central bank. Alfred Nobel (1833 – 1896) was born in Stockholm. He is a Swedish Chemist who invented the Dynamite in 1867. First Nobel Prize was given in the year 1901 after the death of Alfred Nobel. After that, this ceremony has been awarded for every year. Today Nobel Prize is considered as most prestigious awards in various fields. Cash Prize depends upon how much money the Nobel Foundation can award each year. After the invention of dynamite, it was replaced the black powder. Now a day’s dynamite plays a vital role in mining, demolishing etc.
Why this year there is no Nobel Prize for Literature?
An expose published late last year by the Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter told the story of 18 women who said they were sexually harassed or assaulted by a French arts promoter named Jean-Claude Arnault. He’s married to poet Katarina Frostenson and is friends with Horace Engdahl, two members of the Swedish Academy, which awards the Nobel Prize in literature. Earlier this week, Arnault was sentenced to two years in prison after being found guilty of raping a woman in 2011.
Here are some Static and Interesting Facts about the Nobel Prize
The Nobel Prize in Physics:-
- The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 111 Nobel Prizes in Physics have been awarded between 1901-2017.
- 2 women have been awarded the Physics Prize so far.
- 25 years was the age of the youngest Physics Laureate ever, Lawrence Bragg, when he was awarded the 1915 Physics Prize together with his father.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry:-
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 109 Nobel Prizes in Chemistry have been awarded between 1901 and 2017.
- 4 women have been awarded the Chemistry Prize so far.
- 1 person, Frederick Sanger, has been awarded the Chemistry Prize twice, in 1958 and in 1980.
- 35 years was the age of the youngest Chemistry Laureate ever, Frédéric Joliot, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1935.
- 85 years was the age of the oldest Chemistry Laureate, John B. Fenn, when he was awarded the Chemistry Prize in 2002.
The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine:-
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is awarded by the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 108 Nobel Prizes in Physiology or Medicine have been awarded between 1901 and 2017.
- 12 women have been awarded the Medicine Prize so far.
- 32 years was the age of the youngest Medicine Laureate ever, Frederick G. Banting, who was awarded the 1923 Medicine Prize for the discovery of insulin.
- 87 years was the age of the oldest Medicine Laureate ever, Peyton Rous, when he was awarded the Medicine Prize in 1966 for his discovery of tumour-inducing viruses.
The Nobel Prize in Literature:-
- The Nobel Prize in Literature is awarded by the Swedish Academy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 110 Nobel Prizes in Literature have been awarded 1901-2017.
- 14 women have been awarded the Literature Prize so far.
- 41 years was the age of the youngest Literature Laureate ever, Rudyard Kipling, best known for The Jungle Book.
- 88 years was the age of the oldest Literature Laureate ever, Doris Lessing, when she was awarded the Prize in 2007.
The Nobel Peace Prize:-
- The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded by a committee of five persons who are chosen by the Norwegian Storting (Parliament of Norway).
- 98 Nobel Peace Prizes have been awarded 1901-2017.
- 16 women have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize so far.
- 1 Peace Prize Laureate, Le Duc Tho, has declined the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Malala Yousafzai (17) is the youngest to win Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
The Noble prize in Economics:
- The Nobel Prize in Economics is awarded by Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden.
- The prize was established in 1968 by a donation from Sweden’s central bank the Riksbank to the Nobel Foundation to commemorate the bank’s 300th anniversary.
- It was first awarded in 1969 to the Dutch and Norwegian economists Jan Tinbergen and Ragnar Frisch, “for having developed and applied dynamic models for the analysis of economic processes”.
- 49 Nobel Peace Prizes have been awarded 1969-2018.