IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Questions 2019 (Day-14)

Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing new series of Quantitative Aptitude Questions for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2019 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.

IBPS Clerk Prelims Quantitative Aptitude Questions 2019 (Day-14)

 

Number series

Directions (1 – 5): What value should come in place of question mark (?) in the following number series?

1)  17, ? , 102, 408, 2040

a) 27

b) 52

c) 34

d) 68

e) 46

2)  480, 240, 160,? , 96, 80

a) 124

b) 138

c) 142

d) 120

e) 136

3) 5, 12, 38,? , 772, 4634

a) 72

b) 154

c) 216

d) 358

e) 276

4) 720, 4320, 864, 3456, ? , 2304

a) 1152

b) 1078

c) 1256

d) 1464

e) 1638

5) 92, 90, 99, 71, ? , 10

a) 114

b) 128

c) 92

d) 84

e) 136

Caselet

Directions (6 – 10): Read the information given below carefully and answer the questions that follow:

In a company there are 5200 employees in five departments – Operation, Production, Admin, IT and Marketing. Out of the total number of female employees in the company, 27% work in Operations, 22% work in Admin, and 16% work in Production and the remaining 840 female employees work in IT. There is no female in Marketing. Out of the total number of male employees in the company, 14% work in Operation, 30% work in Admin, 25% work in Production, and 11% work in IT and remaining in Marketing.

6) If the number of male employees in Production increases by 20%, the male employees in IT increases by 25%, 60 male employees join Marketing and the number of male employees in Operation and Admin remain the same, what is the percentage increase in the number of male employees in the company?

a) 11.12 %

b) 127.22 %

c) 9.89 %

d) 6.77 %

e) 12.87 %

7) The total number of male employees working Admin and Production together what percent of the total number of employees working in these two departments?

a) 70.50 %

b) 24.45 %

c) 50.25 %

d) 45.65 %

e) 62.80 %

8) What is the average number of employees who work in Operation, Admin and Production department together?

a) 1112

b) 1222

c) 1989

d) 1164

e) 1275

9) If equal number of female and male employees working in Production leave the job, the ratio of the number of male employees working in Production to the number of females working in the same department reduces to 149: 70. What is the total number of employees working in Production department who left the job?

a) 208

b) 122

c) 198

d) 102

e) 127

10) If 92 male employees of Operation are transferred to IT and 70 female employees of IT department are transferred to Operation, then what is the ratio of the number of male employees to the number of the female employees in IT after the transfer of employees?

a) 11:12

b) 12:17

c) 19:89

d) 40:77

e) 12:75

Answers :

Directions (1-5) :

1) Answer: c)

The pattern is, *2, *3, *4, *5…

The answer is, 34

2) Answer: d)

The pattern is, *1/2, *2/3, *3/4, *4/5, *5/6

The answer is, 120

3) Answer: b)

The pattern is, *2 + 2, *3 +2, *4 +2, *5 +2, *6 +2…

The answer is, 154

4) Answer: a)

The pattern is, *6, ÷ 5, *4, ÷ 3, *2…

The answer is, 1152

5) Answer: e)

The pattern is, -(13 +1), +(23 +1), -(33+1), +(43 +1), -(53 +1),..

The answer is, 136

Directions (6 – 10):

Number of females employees in IT department= 840

Percentage of female employees in IT department

= 100- (27+22+16) = 100-65= 35%

So,

35%= 840

100%= 840/35*100= 2400

So,

Male employees in the company= 5200- 2400= 2800

Operations department:

Female = 27/100*2400= 648

Male = 14/100* 2800= 392

Admin Department:

Female= 22/100* 2400= 528

Male= 30/100* 2800= 840

Production Department

Female= 16/100* 2400= 384

Male= 25/100* 2800= 700

IT Department:

Female = 840

Male= 11/100* 2800= 308

Marketing

Female = 0

Male = 2800- (392+ 840+ 700+ 308) = 560

6) Answer: c)

Total increase in employees= 20% of 700 + 25% of 308 + 60= 277

Percentage Increase= 277/2800* 100= 9.89%

7) Answer: e)

Total number of male employees in Admin and Production= 840+700= 1540

Total number of employees in these two departments

= > 840+528+700+384= 2452

Required percentage= (1540/2452)* 100= 62.8 %

8) Answer: d)

Average = (648+528+384+392+840+700)/3 = 3492/3=1164

9) Answer: a)

Let the number of male employees who left the job be x

Then,

700-x/384-x= 149/70

149x- 70x= 149 * 384 – 700*70

79x= 57216- 49000

X= 8216/79= 104

So,

Total number of employees who left= 104*2= 208

10) Answer: d)

Number of male employees in IT after the transfer of 92 males = 308+92= 400

Number of females in IT= 840 -70= 770

Required ratio = 400:770= 40:77

IBPSGuide Recommends Affairs Cloud Current affairs PDF

Free Online Mock Tests