The Indian Railway Recruitment Board has released the notification for the recruitment of 1937 Staff Nurses and other medical posts. The recruitment will be done through an online test and candidates from all over India are eligible to apply for the role. Check out the other important dates and deadlines regarding RRB Staff Nurse recruitment below.
RRB Staff Nurse Recruitment Important Dates
RRB has already announced all the important dates regarding the staff nurse vacancies. The application process, which is the first step to go ahead with any competitive exam, has begun from 4th March and the last date to do go will be 2nd April. As you can see that there is only a little more than a week to apply for this vacancy, so candidates who wish to go ahead with the exam should start applying really soon.
Given below is a list of important points, including exam date, official website, and deadlines related to the upcoming RRB Staff Nurse exam 2019. Have a quick glance at the table:
|Exam Name||RRB Staff Nurse Recruitment 2019|
|Application Start Date||4 March 2019|
|Application End Date||2 April 2019|
|Closure of online submission in all aspect||7 April 2019|
|RRB Staff Nurse Exam 2019 Date||Tentatively on June first week|
|Job Location||Pan India|
RRB Staff Nurse Vacancy: How to Apply?
- Read the vacancy details carefully in the post
- Click on RRB Staff Nurse online application link
- If you are a new user, go to New Registration tab
- Fill the personal details to get your user name and password
- Then login to the portal with the User ID and Password
- Fill the correct details and register for the post
- Take a print out the completed application for future reference
RRB Staff Nurse Recruitment Age Criteria
Candidates applying for the RRB Staff Nurse vacancy need to fulfill the age criteria in order to qualify for the test. Age limit will vary according to the post applied for The minimum age limit is mentioned below. Age relaxation will be applicable to candidates of reserved categories as per government rule. Check out the age criteria as per available posts below:
- Dietician – 18 to 33 Years
- Staff Nurse – 20 to 40 Years
- Dental Hygienist – 18 to 33 Years
- Dialysis Technician – 20 to 33 Years
- Extension Educator – 22 to 35 Years
- Health and Malaria Inspector – 18 to 33 Years
- Lab Superintendent Grade III – 18 to 33 Years
- Optometrist – 18 to 33 Years
- Perfusionist – 21 to 40 Years
- Physiotherapist – 18 to 33 Years
- Radiographer -19 to 33 Years
- Pharmacist Grade III – 20 to 35 Years
- Speech Therapist – 10 to 33 Years
- ECG Technician – 18 to 33 Years
- Lady Health Visitor – 18 to 30 Years
- Lab Assistant Grade II – 18 to 33 Years
RRB Staff Nurse Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for RRB Staff Nurse vacancy varies according to the post applied for. The eligibility requirement details about each post are mentioned below:
- Candidates should be Registered Nurse and Midwife having passed three years course in General Nursing and Midwifery from a school of Nursing or other Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council or B.Sc (Nursing)
- B Sc (Science) with Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics, or
- B.Sc Home Science plus M.Sc Home Science (Food and Nutrition).
- Certificate as Registered Nurse and Passed 3 Yrs. Course in General Nursing and Midwifery, or
- B.Sc in Nursing.Staff Nurse
- Degree in Science (Biology). and 2 Yrs. Diploma / Certificate Course in Dental Hygiene.
- Registered with Dental Council of India as Dental Hygienist with 2 Yrs. Experience.
- B.Sc. and Diploma in Haemodialysis, or
- 2 Yrs. mandatory in-house Training / Experience in Haemodialysis Work in a Reputed institution.
- Graduation in Sociology/ Social Work/ Community Education with 2 Yrs. Diploma in Health Education
Health and Malaria Inspector
- B.Sc. in Chemistry as Main/ Optional Subject in any Branch of Chemistry.
- 1 Yr. Diploma of Health/ Sanitary Inspector.
Lab Superintendent Grade III
- B.Sc in Medical Technology (Laboratory). or
- B.Sc in Bio-Chemistry/ Micro Biology/ Life Science / Chemistry and Biology.
- B.Sc in Optometry or Diploma in Ophthalmic Technician (3 to 4 Yrs. Course).
- B.Sc and Diploma in Perfusion Technology, or
- B.Sc and 3 Yrs. Experience in Cardio Pulmonary Pump Technician.
- Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy.
- 2 Yrs. Practical Experience in Physiotherapy.
Pharmacist Grade III
- 10+2 in Science or its equivalent and Diploma in Pharmacy, or
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma).
- 10+2 in Physics and Chemistry and Diploma in Radiography/ X Ray Technician/ Radiodiagnosis Technology (2 Yrs. Course).
- B.Sc and Diploma in Audio and Speech Therapy and 2 Yrs. Experience in Related Trade.
- 10+2/ Graduation in Science/ Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in ECG Laboratory Technology/ Cardiology/ Cardiology Technician/ Cardiology Techniques.
Lady Health Visitor
- Passed Class 12th (Intermediate) Exam with Multipurpose Workers Course.
Lab Assistant Grade II
- Class 12th pass with Science and Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT).
RRB Staff Nurse Recruitment Fee
As you already know that the application process has started from 4th March and will end by 2 April. Candidates who are applying now, also need to pay the requires fees in order to complete their application. The General and OBC candidates will have to pay INR 500/- as application fee while the candidates in SC/ST/PH categories, along with women candidates need to pay INR 100/- only.
Payment can be done in both online and offline mode, depending on the ease of the application, however, the deadline for fee payment varies for both these payment modes:
- Last date for online payment: 5 April 2019
- Last date for offline payment: 4 April 2019
RRB Staff Nurse Vacancy Details 2019
Since the recruitment by RRB is for Staff Nurse position predominantly along with other important medical posts, the number of open positions will obviously vary for every post. For the ease of the aspirants, we have mentioned the details of each available vacant post below:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1||Staff Nurse, Paramedical Staff||1937+|
|7||Health & Malaria Inspector Inspector grade II||289|
|8||Lab Superintendent Grade-II||25|
|16||Lady health visitor||2|
|17||Lab Assistant Grade-II||82|
RRB Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2019
The RRB Staff Nurse recruitment for various medical posts will take place in 2 steps. Candidates need to qualify both in order to get appointed under RRB. The exams are:
- Written Exam
The written exam pattern is given in details in the table below:
|S.No||Exam Type||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
RRB Staff Nurse Exam Syllabus
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- First Aid course.
- Fundamental Of Nursing.
- Pharmacology in Nursing.
- Pathology in Nursing.
- Nursing Management.
- Environmental Hygiene.
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Psychiatric Nursing.
- Communities in Nursing.
- Health Education and Communication skills.
- Mental Health.
- Community Health Nursing part – 1.
- Community Health Nursing part -2.
- Paediatric Nursing.
- Personal Hygiene.
- Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Pharmacology for Nursing.
- Gerontology Nursing.
- Industrial Nursing.
- Nursing care in Disaster.
- Research in Nursing.
- Nursing Management.
- Barrier Nursing etc.
- Current Affairs (National and International).
- Major Financial/Economic News.
- Awards and Honors.
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries.
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Who is Who?
- Books and Authors.
- Important Days.
- International and National Organizations etc.
- Time and Distance.
- Profit & Loss.
- Square roots.
- Triangles, circles, and Quadrilaterals.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Regular Polygons.
- Partnership Business.
- Time & work.
- Mixture and Allegation etc.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship concepts.
- Figurative Classification.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Semantic Analogy.
- Figurative Analogy.
- Semantic Classification.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Symbolic/Number Classification.
- Number Series.
- Figurative Series.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Embedded Figures etc.
- Mechanics of particles: Laws of motion; conservation of energy and momentum.
- Mechanics of Rigid Bodies: System of particles; Centre of mass, angular momentum, equations of motion.
- Electricity and magnetism.
- Thermal & Statistical physics.
- Waves and optics, interference and Diffraction, Polarization.
- Atomic Structure.
- Chemical Bonding and Gaseous state.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Chemical Kinetics.
- Coordination Compounds.
- Photochemistry & Spectroscopy.
- Human Body.
- Biology and Human Welfare.
- Biotechnology and its applications.
- Genetics and evolution.
- Ecology and the environment.
RRB Staff Nurse Pay Scale
The RRB Staff Nurse salary according to the latest pay commission will be as follows:
- Dietician – Rs.44,900/- Per month
- Staff Nurse – Rs.44,900/- Per month
- Dental Hygienist – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Dialysis Technician – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Extension Educator – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Health & Malaria Inspector III – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Lab Superintendent Grade III – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Optometrist – Rs.25,500/- Per Month
- Perfusionist – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Physiotherapist – Rs.35,400/- Per month
- Pharmacist Grade III – Rs.29,200/- Per month
- Radiographer – Rs.29,200/- Per month
- Speech Therapist – Rs.29,200/- Per month
- ECG Technician – Rs.25,500/- Per month
- Lady Health Visitor – Rs.25,500/- Per month
- Lab Assistant Grade II – Rs.21,700/- Per month
/ 5. Reviews