UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts IFS exams, where IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam for recruitment to forestry services of India. The exam pattern has been changed from 2013. The Screening mechanism new component through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination has been added.
Appearing in civil services exam is mandatory if you are applying for IFS (Indian Forest Service) Exam and should qualify in the same civil service exam for going to IFS main examination. It includes both written and interview sections.
UPSC IFS Exam- Important Dates:
UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Services) exam related information like Application process dates, exam date are given below. Check the given details for applying to UPSC IFS exam.
|Last date for Applying||18/03/2019|
|IFS Main Exam||01/12/2019|
Click Here for Civil Service 2019 Exam Latest Notification
UPSC IFS Eligibility Criteria 2019:
The age of the candidate must be between 21 years to 31 years as on August 01, 2019. Age relaxation candidates are exempted according to rules prescribed.
The candidate must have a Bachelors degree in any one of these subjects: Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Botany, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Zoology or in Forestry, Agriculture or in Engineering.
Six attempts for categories other than SC/St.
For SC/ST not applicable.
UPSC IFS Exam Application Process:
- Candidates require to apply through online only.
- Candidate needs to have details like Photo Id proof like Aadhaar Card/ Voter Id/ Pan Card/ DL/ Any other Photo Id proof issued by Central / State Government.
- The candidate’s details of these Photo Id proofs needed to be given in Application form while applying.
- The Photo Id Proof should also be uploaded according to the one you gave details about in the application form.
- This Photo Id proof is used for future reference from the board.
- The Candidate needs to carry that Id proof while coming to the UPSC IFS Exam.
- The Online applications sending the last date will be up to March 18, 2019, till 18:00.
UPSC IFS Exam Application Fee:
The candidates who are all applying for the UPSC IFS exam need to pay application fee of Rs.100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, Net Banking, or by using card payment option.
UPSC IFS Exam Admit Card 2019:
The UPSC will be releasing different admit cards for each stage of examination at the official website.
- First, Prelims Admit card will be released.
- Admit card is mandatory to enter into the examination hall.
- Admit card contains details like Candidates name, Fathers name, Exam name, exam duration, Center code, gender, Photo, and signature etc.
- Candidate should also bring one id proof while coming to IFS Exam.
UPSC IFS Exam Centers:
UPSC will be having the authority to change or relocate examination center on the requirement. The allocation will be according to first-apply-first-allot.
Preliminary exam centers:
Mains Exam centers:
- Port Blair
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern:
The UPSC IFS Exam usually consists of 3 sections. They are:
IFS Prelims exam Consists of 2 paper i.e. paper 1 and paper 2.
- Mode of Exam: Online
- The language of Exam: Hindi or English.
- Questions type: Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration of exam for each paper: 2 hours.
- Paper 1: General Studies marks scored in this exam is considered for getting selected for the mains exam.
- Paper 2: The candidate need to score a minimum of 33% of marks to get qualified in this paper.
IFS Mains exam will be written exam. It will consist of 6 papers. Paper-I will be General English – 300 Marks and Paper-II will be General knowledge – 300 Marks, Paper III is of combined any 2 subjects to be 200 marks.
Personality Test: This section is to check the personal suitability of the candidate for the service.
UPSC IFS Exam Syllabus:
UPSC Exam syllabus includes many topics for prelims and mains exam. they are as follows:
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- Current events of national and international importance,
- Indian Polity and Governance- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives.
- History of India and Indian National Movement, General Science.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability, Comprehension.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level).
- Data interpretation, Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
For detailed information of IFS, Exam syllabus Click Here
UPSC IFS Exam Result 2019:
The IFS result will be displayed for different stages separately. First, IFS Prelims exam result will be displayed. UPSC IFS Result 2019 will be completely based on candidates performance. After the complete process, the final result will be declared by UPSC.
UPSC IFS Selection Process 2019:
After the candidates have filled the application form and applied for the UPSC IFS exam, they will be called for prelims exam according to the scheduled date. The candidates who clear the prelims exam are selected for appearing in the Mains exam. The candidates who will be qualified in the Mains exam will be called for the final interview process. The candidates who qualify in all 3 rounds will be recruited for the job.
The Indian Forest Service is one of the three All India Services that was constituted in the year 1966 under All India Services Act 1951 by Government of India. UPSC conducts Indian Forest Services Exam for recruiting forestry services of India.
/ 5. Reviews