Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 3rd Week January 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming Syndicate Bank PO, Canara Bank PO, SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 3rd Week January 2018
1) The amount that India has contributed to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres’s Office of Envoy on Youth to help with its mission of involving young people in the world body’s goals – Rs.50000.
2) The company which partnership with Maharashtra Govt. for the Interventions is – Johnson and Johnson.
3) Delhi government aims to launch a dedicated app to check the presence of junk vehicles parked on city roads in accordance with the provisions of the Capital’s first comprehensive parking policy, The name of the app is – ‘Khatara Gadi (Junk Vehicle) app’.
4) Film director, actor, and playwright who has been selected for the Ammannur Madhava Chakyar award instituted by the Kerala Sangeeta Nataka Akademi – Girish Karnad.
5) South Korean electronics company which has unveiled a hospitality robot at CES 2018 designed to deliver food and drinks to travelers in hotels and airport lounges – LG
6) The Former Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise under the leadership of former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh Who was died recently was – Raghunath Jha.
7) India has signed four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics with – Srilanka
|Sri Lanka Capital||Colombo, Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte|
|Sri Lanka Currency||Sri Lankan Rupee|
|Sri Lanka President||Maitherepala Srisena|
8) India will break up its Air India into 4 separate companies for – the disinvestment process.
9) Idea Cellular Ltd and Vodafone Group Plc’s Indian unit are likely to start operating as a single unit from April by this they becomes the world’s second largest and India’s largest telecom operator.
10) To upgrade strategic partnership India has signs nine agreements with – Israel.
|Israel Currency||Israeli New Shekel|
|Israel Prime Minister||Benjamin Netanyahu|
11) Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore launched the official anthem and mascot of Khelo India School Games which is going to start from – January 31.
12) The lead singer of Irish rock group ‘The Cranberries’ , died at the age of 46 during a recording trip to London – Dolores O‘Riordan.
13) IIM which has established the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) that aims to improve the learning abilities of students and improve the teaching efficiency of faculty members – the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
14) e-commerce giant which owned messaging app DingTalk which is unveiled an English version in India that caters to the small and medium-sized enterprises – Alibaba.
|Alibaba Headquarters||Hangzhou, China|
|Alibaba CEO||Daniel Zhang|
15) The name of the mobile wallet company acquired by Bajaj Finance for 12.60 per cent stake is – Mobikwik.
|Mobikwik CEO||Bipin Preet Singh|
16) Senior BJP leader and former MLC who passed away at the age of 78 was – Prof Narayan Sadashiv Pharande.
17) The ADB has invested USD 50 million in True North VI LLP (True North VI) to provide equity capital to middle-market companies in – India.
18) The Maharashtra government is planning to link the Public Distribution System (PDS) with Aadhaar across all the 52,000 ration shops in the state by end of – March.
19) The center sanctioned 10000Cr to the North East state for better network connectivity
20) Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman undertook a sortie in IAF’s frontline combat jet Sukhoi-30 MKI in the western sector of Rajasthan.
21) ISRO released the first image captured by its Cartosat-2 series satellite which was recently launched from the space agency’s spaceport at Sriharikota, the image shows a part of Indore with the Holkar Cricket Stadium in the centre.
22) An experimental air purifying tower, toughed to be the world’s biggest at a height is built by China.
|China President||Xi Jinping|
23) US President Donald Trump has been awarded a ‘Medal of Bravery’ by the residents of Afghanistan’s Logar province for his stance against Pakistan.
|Afghanistan Currency||Afghan Afghani|
|Afghanistan President||Ashraf Ghani|
24) The world’s longest underwater cave system discovered in – Mexico.
|Mexico Capital||Mexico City|
|Mexico Currency||Mexican Peso|
|Mexico President||Enrique Peña Nieto|
25) Romania’s Prime Minister who has resigned because of no support in his party due to internal struggles – Mihai Tudose.
26) Private sector lender which has raised Rs 150 crore through issuance of bonds on a private placement basis – DCB Bank.
27) The Brazilian World Cup winner who has retired from international football – Ronaldinho.
28) Defence Expo to be going to held in Mahabalipuram near Chennai.
|Ministry of Defence (Cabinet minister)||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Ministry of Defence (Minister of state)||Subhash Bhamre|
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
|Tamil Nadu Chief Minister||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Tamil Nadu Governor||Banwarilal Purohit|
29) The government is planning to set up a Rs.2,200-crore fund to finance solar projects to achieve its target of having 175 GW in renewable energy before 2022.
30) Mumbai has been ranked as Asia’s fifth most expensive rental city, in globally top city is Tokyo.
31) The deadline for the mandatory installation of Global Positioning System (GPS) devices and panic buttons in all passenger transport vehicles, including taxis and buses – April 1, 2018.
32) Union HRD minister ordered all Colleges and technical institutes across the country may soon offer free Wi-Fi to students and staff
33) What is the name of rescue exercise that conducted by India Japan Coastguards – SAREX.
|Japan Currency||Japanese Yen|
|Japan Prime Minister||Shinzō Abe|
34) All of Norway’s short-haul airliners should be entirely electric by 2040.
35) The state which has tie-up with Adani Group for Rs 750 crore to double the capacity of the company’s edible oil refinery – Westbengal.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
|West Bengal Chief Minister||Mamta Benerjee|
|West Bengal Governor||Keshari Nath Tripathi|
36) Southeast Asian ride-hailing firm which has acquired Bengaluru-based payments startup iKaaz to strengthen its payments platform – Grab.
37) Private sector lender which has became the first Indian bank to cross Rs.5 trillion (about $78 billion) market capitalization- HDFC Bank.
|HDFC Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|HDFC Bank Tagline||Aditya Puri|
|HDFC Bank MD and CEO||We understand your world|
38) The Central Railway has planned to install 11,000 CCTVs in all the compartments of Mumbai local trains by the end of 2018.
|Ministry of Railways (Cabinet minister)||Piyush Goyal|
|Member of Rajya Sabha||Maharashtra|
|Ministry of Railways (Minister of state)||Manoj Sinha, Rajen Gohain|
39) The country which has announced the world’s first public registers that requires overseas companies that own or buy property in the country to provide details of their ultimate owners – Britain.
|Britain Currency||Pound Sterling|
|Britain Prime Minister||Theresa May|
40) India has signed the Free trade agreement with Israel.
41) The payments bank which has started the physical debit card delivery is PayTm.
|Paytm Payments Bank Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Paytm Payments Bank CEO||Renu Satti|
42) Facebook-owned instant messaging platform WhatsApp formally announced the launch of a new ‘Business’ application, Called ‘WhatsApp Business’.
43) The Indigenously-developed weapon system integrated helicopter that will make its maiden appearance in the Republic Day parade is Rudra
44) Virat Kohli became only the third cricketer to be named the captain of International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Test and ODI teams in the same year.
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year – Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year – Steve Smith (Australia)
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Hasan Ali (Pakistan)
- ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year – Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)
- ICC Men’s T20I Performance of the Year – Yuzvendra Chahal (6-25 v England for India)
- David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year – Marais Erasmus
- ICC Spirit of Cricket – Anya Shrubsole (England)
- ICC Fans Moment of the Year – Pakistan stun India to win the ICC Champions Trophy 2017
45) The five day Ramayana festival with the ASEAN nations kick off in Delhi.
46) In a first, India will host Yoga training sessions at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland.
47) The 70th Army Day is being celebrated on January 15.
|Army Chief General||Bipin Rawat|
|Chief of the Naval Staff||Sunil Lana|
|Air Chief Marshal||Birender Singh Dhanoa|
48) National Disaster Response Force, NDRF is celebrating its 13th Raising Day on January 19.
49) The three north eastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya celebrated their 46th Foundation Day on January 21.
|Tripura Chief Minister||Manic Starker|
|Tripura Governor||Tathagata Roy|
|Manipur Chief Minister||N. Biren Singh|
|Manipur Governor||Najma Heptulla|
|Meghalaya Chief Minister||Mukul Sangma|
|Meghalaya Governor||Ganga Prasad|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
/ 5. Reviews