Dear Readers, Here we have given the list of Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week of February 2018. Candidates those who are preparing for Upcoming SBI Clerk 2018 and other competitive exams can make use of it.
Important Weekly Current Affairs 4th Week of February 2018
1) First Northeast Regional Centre for Agriculture was inaugurated in – Mizoram.
2) Name of the launches political party by Kamal Haasan in Tamilnadu – ‘Makkal Needhi Maiam’.
3) Reliance Jio to invest Rs.10, 000 crore to create over one lakh jobs in UP over the next three years. – Uttar Pradesh.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
4) The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) lowered the interest rate to – 8.55%.
5) KYC verification of payments bank customers should not do by – telecom companies
6) The company which Ambani’s Reliance to buy 5% stake is – Eros for Rs.316 Cr.
7) The country which India have signed a bilateral agreement to support entrepreneurs and startups from both the countries – Canada.
|Prime Minister||Justin Trudeau|
8) The state which celebrating The Nagaur fair which is also called the Nagaur cattle fair, is – Rajasthan.
9) Indian Air Force officer who has become the country’s first woman to fly a fighter jet solo – Avani Chaturvedi.
10) Indian opener who has recorded most ducks by an Indian in T20I cricket is – Rohit Sharma.
11) Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed at the Global Digital Health Partnership Symposium in – Sydney, Australia.
12) Railway Station has become fully women’s operated Station which is fully operated by 28 female employees and has become Country’s first female operated Railway Station – Jaipur’s Gandhinagar Railway Station.
13) The state which has announced special package of Rs 925 Cr to strengthen power transmission – Arunachal Pradesh.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
14) Capital First announced that the regulator National Housing Bank (NHB) has approved the merger of the company along with Capital Home Finance and Capital First Securities Limited with – IDFC Bank.
|Founder MD & CEO||Dr. Rajiv Lall|
15) India rank in global corruption perception index – 81.
16) India successfully conducted a night trial of its indigenously developed nuclear capable – Prithvi-II missile.
17) A three –day India International Textiles Expo (IITExpo) of India began in – Sri Lankan capital Colombo.
18) Punjab government offered India women’s T20 captain Harmanpreet Kaur as – DSP.
19) Name of three startups Tamil Nadu-based incubator will be investing Rs1.3 crore across – Yellow Messenger, Linksmart DNA, and Book My Diamond.
20) First sale of Electoral Bonds to commence from – 1st March.
21) Government of India have signed MOU with which Canada organisation to use the “programme based research support” in addressing current and future global and local developmental challenges – International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
22) Actress who has confirmed that she has quit as the global ambassador of jewellery designer Nirav Modi’s brand following allegations of money laundering against him – Priyanka Chopra.
23) Digital payments startup Paytm is launching its own credit scoring product called – ‘Paytm Score’.
24) Which place has received permanent electricity connection for the first time since 70 years of Independence – The Elephanta Island near Mumbai.
25) ADB Gives $84 Million Loan For Water Supply In – Bihar.
26) SpaceX has successfully launched its rocket, which carried two test satellites for its planned global internet broadband service, the name of the rocket is – Falcon 9.
30) India successfully tested nuclear-capable ballistic missile called – Dhanush.
31) The country which is holding its first-ever jazz, food and arts festival – Saudi Arabia.
32) The Reserve Bank of India has launched Ombudsman Scheme for redressal of complaints against – Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
33) To the country which India has been signed MOU for an “Implementation Agreement in Sustainable Urban Development and Smart Cities in India” is – German.
34) The state which has launched Amma Two-wheeler Scheme – Tamilnadu.
35) PM Modi inaugurates projects worth 1,000 crore rupees at – Daman.
36) ‘Ras Banaras – Swachhagrah – Bapu ko Kaaryaanjali’, a diversified cultural festival organized by the Ministry of Culture at Maan Mandir and Assi Ghat of – Varanasi.
37) The state government which has organised tribal festival ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ – Assam.
38) What is the name of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan ambassador who passes away – Kunwar Bai.
39) Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider who announced that they have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India – Bharti Airtel.
40) The country which has allowed women to join armed forces is – Saudi Arabia.
|Saudi Arabia Capital||Riyadh|
|Prime Minister||Mohammad bin Salman|
41) In the second week of March which union Territory will host a multinational mega event MILAN 2018 – Andaman & Nicobar.
|Theme||‘Friendship Across the Seas’|
42) The seventh meeting of Eminent Persons Group (EPG) on Nepal-India relations has concluded in – Kathmandu, Nepal.
43) International Conference On Sustainable Biofuels was held in – New Delhi.
44) National Conference On E-Governance was held In – Hyderabad.
45) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flown its Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle – RUSTOM 2 in Karnataka.
46) Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Run for New India’ marathon in – Surat, Gujarat.
47) Name of the 1st Indian to win individual medal at gymnastics world cup is – Aruna Budda Reddy.
48) Reigning Commonwealth Games champion who overcame Malaysia’s June Wei Cheam in straight games in the men’s singles final to clinch the Austrian Open International Challenge- Parupalli Kashyap.
49) Veteran Bollywood actress and Padma Shri awardee had an illustrious career spanning over four decades, passed away at 54 – Sridevi.
50) UIDAI introduces special blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ for – children below the age of 5 years.
51) The name of Australia’s new deputy prime minister is – Michael McCormack.
|Prime Minister||Malcolm Turnbull|
52) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated two-day Rasotsav in – Mathura.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
53) EESL signs MoUs of Rs. 3,730 crore spanning across e-mobility, energy efficiency and renewable energy and aimed to create 15,000 jobs with – Andhra Government.
54) M. Subbarayudu has been appointed the next Ambassador of India to – Plurinational State of Bolivia.
55) A two- day International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels is – New Delhi.
56) The third Partnership Summit of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) held in – Visakhapatnam.
57) The 15th edition of BioAsia, the annual flagship programme of Government of Telangana was held at – Hyderabad International Convention Center (HICC) in Hyderabad.
|Theme||RIGHT TIME, RIGHT NOW|
58) The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has started working towards developing ‘igloos’ on Moon, called – The lunar habitats.
59) Indian Shuttler dished out a clinical performance to outwit former world no 2 Jan O Jorgensen and clinch the men’s singles title at the $150,000 Swiss Open Super 300 tournament – Sameer Verma.
60) Former Cabinet secretary who has passed away at the age of 79 is – TSR Subramanian.
61) World NGO Day is an international calendar day, annually observed on the – 27th February.
62) China is planning to build an ocean observatory in the – Makunudhoo, Maldives.
63) China may overtake US as biggest producer of nuclear power in – 20 Years.
64) The state which has announced signing an agreement with IT Major Microsoft to improve the integration of technology in teaching and learning in the state – Tamil Nadu.
65) Indian Railways Planned to start all-weather glass-roof train in – Kashmir.
|J&K Capital||Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)|
|CM||Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed|
|Governor||Narinder Nath Vohra|
66) State Bank of India (SBI) is planned for a major restructuring of its business in the – United Kingdom from April.
67) German carmaker which has developed an autonomous i3 electric car that rider can summon just by using their smartphone – BMW.
68) South African pacer who has announced that he will retire from international cricket after the end of the Test series against Australia – Morne Morkel.
69) The country which was elected as the Vice President of Financial Action Task Force (FATF), a global body mandated to combat terror financing and money laundering – China.
70) The state which is national topper in FY17 growth, with 10.3 pc is – Bihar.
|Governor||Satya Pal Malik|
71) The government has categorised about 9,500 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) in the country as – high risk.
72) PM Narendra Modi addressed the 2nd India-Korea Business Summit in – New Delhi.
|Theme||India-Korea: Scaling up the Special Strategic Relationship through Trade and Investments|
73) The rank of India in the Inclusive Internet Index by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), which was commissioned by Facebook is – 47.
74) The country which has declined India’s invitation to participate in the biennial naval exercise ‘Milan’ – Maldives.
75) Indian stars Seema Poonia and MC Mary Kom have settled for Silver medals after losing in the final of 69th Strandja Memorial Boxing tournament at – Sofia in Bulgaria.
76) National Science Day is celebrated in India on – February 28.
|Theme||Science and Technology for a sustainable future|
77) The Railway Ministry on Monday said it aims to install sanitary pad dispensers and incinerators at about 200 stations by – International Women’s Day on March 8.
78) The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) panel has approved the procurement of 40 smaller electric vehicles, 20 AC and 20 non-AC buses, for the – Mumbai city.
79) The team which has defeated Saurashtra by 41 runs in the Vijay Hazare Trophy to win the tournament for the third time – Karnataka.
80) The Davis Cup, in existence since 1900, may be converted into a ‘World Cup of Tennis’ from – next year (2019).
81) The senior seer of Kanchepuram Sankara Mutt who passed away in Kanchepuram is – Jayendra Saraswathi Swamy.
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 28th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Feb 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Jan 2018)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Dec 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Nov 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 31st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15 to 21st Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Oct 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (22nd to 30th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (15th to 21st Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (8th to 14th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
|Important Weekly Current Affairs Revision (1st to 7th Sep 2017)||Click Here to Download|
/ 5. Reviews