BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List: The 74th edition of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) 2021 Awards has been announced on 11th April 2021. It is the equivalent of the US Oscar Awards. BAFTA Awards held at Royale Albert Hall in London on 10th and 11th April 2021. In the BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List, Anthony has received the Best Actor Award for ‘The Father’. The award ceremony was held over two nights on April 10 and 11. Eight of the 25 winners in the BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List were unveiled on April 10.
BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List in the rest of the categories were revealed on April 11. The Complete BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List is given below in this article. Nomadland, The Father, Promising Young Woman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom were some of the awards season favorites that took home Bafta trophies. Given below is the BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List based on their category.
BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List:
Check the Complete BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List here.
Best Film – Nomadland
Best Actor – Anthony Hopkins (The Father)
Best Actress – Francis MacDormand (Nomadland)
Outstanding British film – Missing Young Woman
Best Director – Chloé Zhao (Nomadland)
Original Screenplay – Promising Young Woman
Adapted Screenplay – Christopher Hampton, Florian Jailer (The Father)
Supporting Actress – Yuh Jung Yeon (Minari)
Supporting Actor – Danny Kalyew Shrajudas and the Black Messiah)
British Writer, Director and Producer Outstanding Debut – Remi Weeks (His House)
The film which is not in the English language – Thomas Witterberg, Sissy Grom (Insult Round)
Best Short Film – The Present, Farah Nabulsi
Production Design – Mank, Donald Graham Burt, Jan Pascale
British Short Animation – The Own and the Pussy Cat, Mole Hill, Laura Duncalf
Sound – Sound of Metal, Jamie, Nicholas Baker, Phillip Bladh, Carlos, Michelle Couttolenc
Casting – Rocks, Lucy Pardy
Costume Design – Maa Raine, Ann Roth
Makeup & Hair – Ma Raine Black Bottom, Maticki Anoff, Lappie M Cherry, Sergio Lopez, Mia Neil
Documentary – Pippa Ehrlich, James Reid, Craig Foster (My Octopus Teacher)
Original Score – Zone Battisti, Trent Rainzer, Etcus Rose (Soul)
Animated Film – Pete Doctor, Dana Murray (Soul)
Casting – Lucy Pardy (Rocks)
Cinematography – Joshua James Richards (Nomadland)
Editing – Mikkel EG Nielsen (Sound of Metal)
Special Visual Effects – Tenet, Scott Fisher, Andrew Jackson, Andrew Lockley
EE Rising Star Award – Buckeye Backre
British Short Animation – Mole Hill, Laura Duncalf (The Owl and the Pussy Cat)
British short film – Farah Nabulsi (The Present)
These are the complete BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List.
History of BAFTA Awards:
- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) was founded in 1947 as The British Film Academy, by David Lean, Alexander Korda, Carol Reed, Charles Laughton, Roger Manvell, and others.
- In 1958, the Academy merged with The Guild of Television Producers and Directors to form The Society of Film and Television, which eventually became the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in 1976.
- The stated charitable purpose of BAFTA is to “support, develop and promote the art forms of the moving image, by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners, and benefiting the public.
Candidates preparing for Competitive exams can make use of the BAFTA Awards 2021 Winners List for Current Affairs Section preparation.
Crack competitive exams with,
- British Academy Film Awards
- The British Academy Film Awards are an annual award show hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). It is the British equivalent of the Oscars. As of 2008, it happens in the Royal Opera House, in London.