Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020: Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 Notification Released on its official site!!! Candidates with a professional degree aspiring to work in the banking sector should grab this opportunity. Every year Canara bank releases the notification for the recruitment of candidates for the position of SO (Specialist Officer). This year as well Canara bank has released the notification for Canara bank SO recruitment 2020. In this article, we will provide you with the details regarding the Canara Bank SO Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, Apply Online here for your reference. Banking aspirants shall check here the complete information and start your online application process.
Canara Bank has recently announced the recruitment notification for the engagement of Specialist Officers posts under various disciplines. “Recruitment of Specialist Officers in various disciplines in Scale I & Scale II and Special recruitment drive for Scheduled Tribe Category in Scale II & Scale III”. The notification has released with a vacancy of 220 around various locations across the country. This is especially for those who have working experience in a relevant field. The Canara Bank SO 2020 Apply Online will get activated on 25-11-2020. Interested candidates shall refer to the official notification to know the prescribed eligibility criteria and recruitment process. The final date for the submission of the Canara Bank SO Online Application get ends on 15-12-2020. Eligible candidates shall start your online application and should submit within the last date. Further details regarding the Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 is available here below for your reference.
Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020:
Name of an Organization – Canara Bank
Recruitment Name – “Recruitment of Specialist Officers in various disciplines in Scale I & Scale II and Special recruitment drive for Scheduled Tribe Category in Scale II & Scale III”.
Job Role – Specialist Officer
Job Location – Various Locations
Total Vacancies – 220
Canara Bank SO Important Dates 2020
The table mentioned below consists of all the important dates related to Canara bank SO 2020:
|1.||Payment of Application Fee / Intimation Charges||From 25.11.2020 to 15.12.2020|
|2.||Opening Date and the closing date for on-line registration|
|3.||Online Examination||Jan / Feb 2021 (tentative)|
Canara Bank SO Vacancy 2020:
This year the Canara bank has announced a total of 220 specialist officer vacancies. Given below is a distribution of the specialist officer vacancies with the respective posts in a tabular format. For further details refer to the official notification.
|2.||Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) Specialist||05|
|4.||Developer / Programmer||25|
|12.||Ethical Hackers and Penetration Testers||02|
|13.||Cyber Forensic Analyst||02|
|14.||Data Mining Expert||02|
|19.||Information Security Analyst||04|
|25.||Base 24 Administrator||02|
Canara Bank SO 2020 Apply Online:
The Canara Bank SO 2020 application form Online link will get activated on 25-11-2020.
Application Mode: Online
- SC/ST/PWBD: ₹100+ GST [Intimation Charges only]
- All Others: ₹600 + GST
- Application fees/intimation charges shall be paid through online mode.
- Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc will not be accepted and such applications will be summarily rejected.
Canara Bank SO Essential Qualification
Candidates are advised to check the Canara bank specialist officers’ essential qualifications before applying to the application form.
Operating & working knowledge in computer systems shall be an essential qualification, which a candidate must either possess or acquire within 6 months from the date of joining the Bank.
The candidates shall acquire a working knowledge of Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of the probationary period.
Canara Bank SO Salary:
The Canara bank SO salary for different scales of the organization is given below along with the emoluments. The Payscale for each scale under the Canara bank SO is mentioned below.
|Scale||Salary & Emoluments|
|JMGS-I||23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020|
|MMGS-II||31705 – 1145/1 – 32850 – 1310/10 – 45950|
|MMGS-III||42020 – 1310/5 – 48570 – 1460/2 – 5149|
Canara Bank SO Selection Process 2020:
The specialist officers will be selected through a three-stage procedure. The three-stage selection procedure is given below:
(ii) Group Discussion
Note: In case the number of candidates is less, the selection will be done through Short-listing, Group Discussion & Interview.
Canara Bank SO Exam Pattern:
In case the selection is through the online test, the pattern for examination, test centres, and other details are mentioned here below
|Professional Knowledge in the area of specialization||50||100||2 hours|
|Test of English||50||50|
|Latest Developments in Banking Industry||50||50|
- A cumulative time of 120 minutes will be given to each individual for the written test of the specialist officer.
- The total marks assigned to the written test for the Canara bank specialist officer is 200 marks.
- There will be negative marks for every wrong answer in the Objective Test.
- Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each subject as well as the Total Score. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each subject and also a minimum total score as decided by Bank to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview
- Depending on the number of vacancies, such as those candidates who rank sufficiently
high in the order of merit in the online test as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank
and the number of candidates required for Group Discussion and/or Interview in a certain ratio decided by the Bank will only be called for Group Discussion and/or interview.
Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020: Group Discussion & Interview
- The total marks allotted for Group Discussion and for Interview are 100 each.
- Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks as decided by the Bank at each level of the selection process and only those candidates will be considered for preparation of final rank lists.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Group Discussion and Interview will not be less than 55% (50% for SC / ST/ OBC / PWBD candidates).
Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020: Marks Weightage
The selection for the post will be based on their position in the respective category rank list for that post. The final rank lists shall be prepared on the basis of performance in Online Test, Group Discussion, and Interview, with the following weightage.
|Test, GD & Interview||50%||30%||20%||100%|
|Shortlisting, GD & Interview||–||60%||40%||100%|
Canara Bank SO 2020 Recruitment: Probation Period
|Amount||Minimum Service Period|
|JMGS-I||Two Years||₹ 1 Lakh + GST||2 Years|
|MMGS-II||One Year||₹ 1 Lakh + GST||3 Years|
|MMGS-III||One Year||₹ 1 Lakh + GST||3 Years|
Steps to Apply Online for Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 Notification:
- Candidates kindly visit the official site.
- On the home page, there is a navigation link regarding careers.
- Click on that you will be redirected to the respective recruitment page.
- On that find the exact link regarding the “Recruitment Project – 2/2020 – Specialist
Officers and Special Recruitment Drive under ST Category”.
- Click on that the Canara Bank SO Recruitment 2020 Notification is open on a new tab.
- Refer to the notification to know the prescribed eligibility criteria and recruitment process.
- Start your online application process.
- Fill all the mandatory fields.
- Submit the online application on or before the last date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many vacancies are released for Canara bank SO 2020?
A: This year Canara bank released a total of 220 vacancies for SO.
Q: How many stages are there for Canara bank SO selection procedure 2020?
A: The candidates are selected for the position of SO through a 3 stage process:
2. Group Discussion
Q: What is the application fee for Canara bank SO 2020?
A: For SC/ST/PWBD: ₹100+ GST [Intimation Charges only] All Other candidates: ₹600 + GST
Q: Is there any negative marking for Canara bank SO 2020?
A: Yes, there will be a negative marking for Canara bank SO
Q: What is the last date to apply for Canara bank SO 2020?
A: The last date to apply for Canara bank SO 2020 is 15th December 2020.