Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government launches Prakash portal to improve coal supply to power plants
- The government launched a web portal, Prakash, with a view to improving coordination between the power, coal and railway ministries to ensure coal supplies to power plants.
- The portal was jointly launched by power minister RK Singh and coal minister Pralhad Joshi.
- The portal will also help stakeholders monitor the movement of railway rakes and coal availability at power plants.
- Prakash stands for ‘Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony’.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Uttarakhand CM launches awareness campaign to stop power theft
- Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched an awareness campaign — Urjagiri — which aims at stopping power theft and saving.
- The Chief Minister emphasised on the need to speed up the process for wider awareness to avoid power loss in Uttarakhand.
- The government is committed to ending power theft. The officers of power departments should ensure that no power theft occurs so that honest customers do not have to bear the brunt of the power theft.
|Uttarakhand CM||Trivendra Singh Rawat|
|Uttarakhand Governor||Baby Rani Maurya|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
SBI, Bank of Baroda squeeze micro-ATM transactions of other banks
- Public sector lenders State Bank of India(SBI and Bank of Baroda BoB) have limited the cash withdrawals of customers using micro-ATMs of other banks to just four times a month, in what could cause transactions undertaken through the Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS) route to fall significantly.
- While BoB is allowing customers to do four transactions a day, SBI has limited it to just one. SBI account holders who are not part of the government’s direct benefit transfer scheme are allowed to do five transactions a month.
- These limits only apply in case the customer uses the micro-ATM terminal of another bank.
- Banks provide the service through micro-ATM terminals in areas where ATMs are not viable. Through micro-ATMs, banks can connect to their core banking system and help customers undertake basic financial transactions.
4th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Report
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India has decided to reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 5.15% from 5.40% with immediate effect
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands reduced to 4.90%,
- Marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 5.40%.
- GDP growth forecast for 2019-20 is revised downwards from 6.9% to 6.1%
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
|RBI Deputy Governor||BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CURRENT AFFAIRS : APPOINTMENTS
Sushil Chandra Mishra Appointed as New CMD Oil India
- Oil India Limited appointed Sushil Chandra Mishra as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company.
- Mishra replaces Utpal Bora, who ceased to be Chairman & Managing Director of the company on 30th September.
- Mishra started his professional journey as an executive trainee with OIL in 1984
- Mishra will take charge on October 1, 2019 and will hold his post till June 30, 2022.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Tata Communications names Amur Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group CEO
- Digital infrastructure provider, Tata Communications has named Amur S Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer designate of the company.
- Lakshminarayanan comes with 35 years of experience in a broad range of leadership roles across industries and regions across the world
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
DRONE INNOVATORS NETWORK SUMMIT 2019
- Drone Innovators Network Summit-2019 focusing on the governance of drones was held in New Delhi. The summit was organised by the World Economic Forum(WEF) under the aegis of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Minister of State(MoS-Independent charge) for Civil Aviation, ShriHardeep Singh Puri addressed the event.
- Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR) for drones were issued by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in December 2018. These regulations were needed to comply with the No Permission, No Take-off (NPNT) software programme to comply with the requirements on the Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) inorder to get DigiSky platform’s permission to operate drones in India.
|World Economic Forum (WEF)|
|WEF- Executive Chairman||Klaus Schwab|
|WEF Headquarters||Cologny, Switzerland|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Country’s top three cleanest railway stations are from Rajasthan
- Railway Minister PiyushGoyal released the ‘Stations’ Cleanliness Survey Report’ (Cleanliness assessment of Non-suburban and Suburban Stations 2019).
- The highlight of the report was that the top three cleanest railways stations are from the western state of Rajasthan.
- While Jaipur was on the first position, Jodhpur on second followed by Durgapura in third position.
- North Western Railway followed by South East Central Railway and East Central Railway are the top three railway zones.
- Railways have been conducting third party audit and cleanliness ranking of 407 major stations annually since 2016. This year the survey was expanded to include 720 stations and suburban stations were also included for the first time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Asian Age Group C’ships: India finishes with 64 medals
- India ended its campaign at the 10th Asian Age Group Championships on a high as divers Palak Sharma and SiddharthPradeshi earned the nation’s 19th and 20th gold medals.
- India finished with a total medal tally of 64 medals (20 gold, 24 silver and 20 bronze).
- Held from September 24 to October 2, 2019 in Bengaluru
FIFA bans Ex-CONMEBOL president for life for bribery
- FIFA has banned former CONMEBOL president Eugenio Figueredo from all football activities for life after finding him guilty of bribery.
- The 87-year-old Uruguayan headed his nation’s football association for nine years from 1997, doubling up as a CONMEBOL vice-president for part of that spell, a post he held for two decades until 2013.
|International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)|
|FIFA Headquarters||Zurich, Switzerland|
|FIFA President||Gianni Infantino|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Noted nephrologist and Padma Shri awardee H L Trivedi passes away
- Renowned kidney transplant surgeon and Padma Shri recipient Dr H L Trivedi passed away due to age-related illnesses. He was 87.
- Trivedi, hailed as an expert in handling kidney transplant surgeries, was awarded Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, in 2015 for his contribution to the society as a nephrologist.
Konkani folk artiste GopalGowda passes away
- Renowned Kudmi Konkani folk artiste M GopalGowda passed away due to a cardiac arrest. He was 64.
- Gowda was an accomplished Kudmi folk artiste whose troupe had rendered more than 200 performances across the country.