Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Yoga Science meet organised at Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru
- A Yoga Science meet was organised as part of the ongoing Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru. The head of SVYASA Yoga deemed University Dr. HR Nagendra spoke on the benefits of Yoga in busting stress.
- He stated yoga heals the mind, body and soul thereby insulating those doing yoga from diseases. He explained about different yoga therapies and postures that can benefit people. Dr. Indranil Basu Ray, a cardiologist from Canada spoke on Yoga research.
- He pointed out that meditation and yoga can compose our body and mind and give relief from any anxiety and stress. The penultimate day of 107th Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru will focus on farming and rural development .
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research and University of Agricultural Sciences have identified 120 innovative farmers from across the country to participate in Farmers Science Congress.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates 3-day National Traders Convention in Delhi
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh stated government is committed to protect the interests of traders and to promote ease of doing business.
- while inaugurating the three-day National Traders Convention at Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi. The convention has been organised by Confederation of All India Traders and will deliberate upon various issues concerning traders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANACE
CBIC uses data analytics to identify ‘risky’ exporters’
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in its drive to check fraudulent availment of IGST refunds, has extensively used data analytics and matched data with income tax, GST and customs to identify risky exporters. Ongoing investigations have thrown up at least 9-star export houses as ‘non-traceable’ at their premises declared on record.
- All these star export houses have availed IGST refunds, which is now being questioned by the tax officers.
- The CBIC has referred the matter to Directorate General of Foreign Trade seeking a more robust accreditation process and taking further necessary actions as per law.
- The present ongoing exercise by CGST field formations has revealed serious issues in compliance behaviour in some cases. In two cases, the premises were also found sealed and seized by the banks as the exporters had been declared as Non Performing Assets.
- Chairperson: Pranab Kumar Das
- Elected officer responsible: Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister of India
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1944
Tamil Nadu government to strengthen single-window clearance system for easy biz
- In an effort to attract more investors to the state and improve its ranking in the Centre’s Ease of Doing Business surveys, the Tamil Nadu state government has planned to significantly strengthen its single-window clearance system and make it more comprehensive.
- The Tamil Nadu government is currently working on making the state’s single window portal more comprehensive by adding more services for applicants. According to sources, this move is aimed at ensuring that investors seeking to come to the state do not have to face problems in securing approvals and clearances from different departments.
- To avoid procedural delays in getting statutory clearances from various authorities, the Tamil Nadu had first set up a single-window facilitation mechanism under the state’s Guidance Bureau to accord in-principle composite approval for pre-project clearances at the state government level in 2017.
- According to sources, alongside expanding the portal, the state government is planning to simplify the process of getting permission from different departments like the Directorate of Town and Country Planning and the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board. Apart from the single window clearance system, the Tamil Nadu government is also planning to go completely paperless for the entire process and is set to introduce an online system in all the departments so that they can do away with time-consuming paperwork.
Recent news related to Tamil Nadu :
- Govt propose to set up new rocket launch pad near Kulasekarapattinam in Tamil Nadu
- ADB to give $451Mn for Chennai-Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor power links
- Eight Indian States namely Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh celebrated their formation day on November 1.
- Railways starts 10 Sewa Service trains to connect small towns with closest major cities
- Tamil Nadu bagged- Best State Award in cadaveric organ donation. The state won the award for the fifth consecutive year.
- ADB, India sign $451 million loan to strengthen Power Connectivity in Tamil Nadu
USD 2.5 million fund for clean-tech start-ups
- VilLgro Innovation Foundation, one of the country’s top social enterprise incubators has collaborated with the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) for a $2.5 million initiative to support start-ups working on clean energy solutions.
- The initiative aims to provide dedicated capital, technical and sectoral growth support to at least five enterprises which are deploying innovative, clean energy-powered livelihood appliances and shall enable them to undertake large scale commercial deployments over a period of three years. Investment firms like Caspian Debt, Upaya Social Ventures and others have been roped in under the initiative.
- Start-ups that leverage cleantech and renewable energy sources are slowly gaining traction in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Karnataka, which is home to one-fourth of all start-ups in the country has also emerged as the highest renewable energy producer according to a report from the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis.
- The initiative focusses on solving the problems around reliable electricity which has challenged many a business and also affects the livelihood opportunities and incomes of households.
- The Powering Livelihoods initiative will provide a grant of up to $250,000 to each enterprise working on commercial deployment of products or appliances.
Rs 5,000 per day penalty for firms failing to operationalise RuPay, BHIM options
- In a major boost to digital payments, the government has stated that all businesses with a turnover of Rs 50 crore or more have to operationalise payments through Rupay and Bhim UPI, failing which they have to pay a hefty penalty of Rs 5,000 per day from February 1.
- The value of UPI transactions had breached the Rs 2 lakh crore mark in December last year, witnessing a 100 per cent rise year-on-year. It is for the first time since UPI’s inception in 2016 that the value of transactions has reached Rs 2 lakh crore.
- But, the surge has gone in favour of private sector players such as Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePe, which dominate the UPI space as most of the transactions are done via these platforms. Government-run BHIM, which also uses UPI, still trails its private sector peers.
- However, after this Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notification comes into place, the market will tilt in favour of Rupay and Bhim, with both expected to see a major boost. The CBDT notification says that business establishments with an annual turnover of more than Rs 50 crore, shall offer low-cost digital modes of payment (such as BHIM UPI, UPI QR Code, Aadhaar Pay, Debit Cards, NEFT, RTGS etc.) to their customers, and no charge or Merchant Discount Rates (MDR) shall be imposed on customers and merchants.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
CM Jagan Mohan Reddy to inaugurate YSR Aarogyasri scheme
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will inaugurate YSR Aarogyasri scheme at Eluru in West Godavari district. The scheme will be inaugurated in each district by respective mandal and district officials.
- Over one crore individuals will be benefited under this new health scheme. A total of 2,059 medical ailments have been covered under the scheme.
- In all, 16,37,230 Aarogyasri cards will be distributed across the State.
- While a few cards will be handed over on an inaugural day, the rest of the beneficiaries will get them by the end of February.
- The chief minister has also announced to compensate for wage loss incurred during the post-operative period.
- With monthly cap of Rs 5,000 Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Care Trust will pay Rs 225 per day for the prescribed recovery period.
- This category of allowance will be applicable for 836 kinds of surgeries out of the total ailments covered under the scheme.
- Patients suffering from leprosy will also be given Rs 3,000 a month as pension.
- YSR Aarogyasri scheme is applicable to people having an annual income of up to Rs 5 lakh.
Recent news related to Andhra pradesh:
- South India’s earliest Sanskrit Inscription found in P.
- Andhra Pradesh launches ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme
- ASI: Gottiporlu-a historic trade centre
- ASI finds 2,000-year-old trade center in Andhra Pradesh
- YSR Vahana Mitra scheme: launched in Andhra Pradesh
Rohit Sharma lays foundation stone for international cricket stadium and training centre in Hyderabad
- Star opening batsman Rohit Sharma laid down the foundation stone for an international cricket stadium and training centre at Heartfulness Institute on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
- The cricket stadium has been named after Rohit Sharma and this facility will provide the youngsters at the institute to perfect their cricketing skills.
- The cricketer met the spiritual master of the institute, Kamlesh Patel (also known as Daaji) at the global headquarters in Kanha Shantivanam, Chegur, Hyderabad.
- The Heartfulness cricket stadium is one amongst several infrastructural facilities being made available for the students of the institute and will allow them to train and play matches amongst themselves as well as competing teams. The cricket stadium will be 138 meters in diameters.
First-of-its kind turtle rehab centre comes up in Bihar
- A first-of-its-kind rehabilitation centre for freshwater turtles will be inaugurated in Bihar’s Bhagalpur forest division in January 2020. The rehab centre, spread over half a hectare, will be able to shelter 500 turtles at a time.
- This centre will play a significant role in treating these animals and their proper upkeep before being returned to their natural habitat.
- The size of turtles found in eastern Bihar is good as well. A turtle weighing up to 15 kilograms can be found.
- Turtles are being frequently targeted for meat due to the prevailing belief that it gives an energy boost and keeps various diseases away. Usually, soft-shell turtles are victims of this belief.
- On the other hand, hard-shell turtles, especially spotted ones, are being poached for the pet trade. Such turtles are in high demand in south east Asia, China and Japan.
- According to a recent study conducted by Traffic India, around 11,000 turtles are being smuggled in India every year.
- In the past 10 years, as many as 110,000 turtles have been traded.
- Capital- Patna.
- Chief Minister- Nitish Kumar.
- Governor- Phagu Chauhan.
- National parks- Valmiki National park.
Delhi gets first smog tower to combat air pollution
- Delhi’s first smog tower will start working at Lajpat Nagar central market.
- The 20-feet-tall tower is fitted with exhaust fans to suck in polluted air and can remove up to 80% of the particulate matter (PM 2.5 and PM10).
- The smog towers were to be installed on the lines of China, which has experimented with this technology.
- A separate pilot project has been proposed to consider the efficacy of smog towers and this is being undertaken by the Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-Bombay) in collaboration with IIT-Delhi and the University of Minnesota.
- This tower will purify the air within a circumference area of up to 750 metres. Such initiatives are important to combat air pollution in Delhi, which has also become a pollution capital.
- In February 2018, the Delhi government had installed an anti-pollution tower at ITO in central Delhi on pilot basis.
MP govt starts health insurance scheme for staff
- The Madhya Pradesh government has given its 12.55 lakh employees a new year bonanza by approving a health insurance scheme Mukhyamantri Karmachari Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The scheme will be effective from April 1 and will make every government employee and their families eligible for medical treatment worth Rs 5 lakh annually. For some critical diseases, the eligibility will be enhanced to Rs 10 lakh.
- All permanent and contractual employees, teachers, retired employees, home guards and others getting salary from contingency fund will reap the benefits of this scheme. Staff of autonomous institutions of the state will also be covered
Kolkata Police to start third edition of ‘Sukanya’ project
- Kolkata Police will start the third edition of its ‘Sukanya‘ project to provide girls studying in schools and colleges in the city with self-defence training.
- The third batch of ‘Sukanya’ will start at 100 city-based schools and colleges situated in Kolkata Police jurisdiction.
- Girl students of VIII, IX, XI and girls studying in the first year at educational institutions in this area will be part of it.
- Sukanya is an initiative of the Kolkata Police’s Community Policing Wing to provide self-defence training to girl students of city-based schools, colleges and universities.
- The initiative is funded by Women and Child Development and Social Welfare Department of the state government.
About Women and Child Development ministry:
- Founded: 30 January 2006
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Jurisdiction: India
- Annual budget: 24,700 crores INR (2018-19)
- Officeholders: Debasree Chaudhuri(Minister of State), Krishna Raj (Minister of State), Smriti Irani (Union Minister)
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERRENCE
Women Science Congress begins in Bengaluru
- The Women Science Congress was inaugurated at the ongoing Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru.
- DRDO Aeronautical Systems Director General Tessy Thomas who is known as Missile Woman of India graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
- Recalling the contribution of women in different spheres, the status of women in the country is changing as their growing presence is seen in many areas of expertise.
Kochi to host global meet on marine ecosystem
- Eminent marine scientists, oceanographers, fisheries researchers and marine biotechnologists from across the globe are expected to participate in the third international symposium on marine ecosystems – challenges and opportunities (MECOS-3) in Kochi from January 7 to 10.
- Organised by the Marine Biological Association of India, MECOS-3 will serve as a platform for discussions on a range of topics, including the impact of the climate crisis on marine ecosystems and an unusual warming of the Arabian Sea.
- The four-day meet, which will be held at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, assumes significance in the backdrop of the recent spate of cyclonic storms and other climatic phenomena in the Arabian Sea.
The meet will also focus on the UN’s sustainable development goal-14 (life under water), development of small-scale fisheries, recent developments in aquaculture, eco-labelling and green fishing technologies.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 34th in Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index
- Government is committed to make policies and programmes for the development and promotion of tourism and the year 2019 witnessed several steps in this direction.
- Reducing E-visa fees, decreasing GST rates on hotel room booking and opening 120 new peaks for mountaineering are among the major highlights of Tourism Ministry in 2019. Along with these several steps taken under Swadesh Darshan, PRASHAD Scheme and various other events of Ek Bharat, Shresth Bharat were also undertaken during the year.
- India’s rank in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index of World Economic Forum has moved to 34th position from 65th rank in 2013. Foreign Tourist Arrivals also registered a growth of 3.2 percent last year.
- The government is working to develop thematic circuits under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme and 77 projects amounting over Rs 6035 crore have been sanctioned till date under this scheme.
- An initiative called – ‘Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan’ has been launched for developing tourist amenities at heritage and tourist sites and making them tourist-friendly. E-visa has been further liberalized and visa fee on e – visa has been substantially reduced to increase tourism competitiveness of the country.
- The Government has also opened more than 120 mountain peaks for mountaineering and trekking for promoting adventure tourism in the country.
About Ministry of Tourism :
- Officeholder: Prahlad Singh Patel(MOS independent charge)
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Constituency: Damoh, Madhya pradesh
About world economic forum
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Founder: Klaus Schwab
- Founded: January 1971
- Leader: Klaus Schwab
Motto: Committed to improving the state of the world
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS
Ex-CRPF DG Bhatnagar appointed Advisor to Jammu-Kashmir Lt Governor
- IPS officer Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar, who recently retired as the CRPF DG, has been appointed as an advisor to the Lt Governor of Jammu-Kashmir.
- Bhatnagar is a 1983-batch officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre. He superannuated as the CRPF Director General (DG) on December 31 last year after heading the 3.25 lakh personnel force for over two and a half years.
- The Advisor shall assist the Lieutenant Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir in the effective discharge of his functions.
- G C Murmu, an IAS officer, is the LG of Jammu Kashmir UT since its creation on October 31 last year.
Karur Vysya Bank CEO, MD P R Seshadri resigns
- Seshadri, submitted his resignation via letter dated January 4, 2020, citing personal reasons
- Karur Vysya Bank Ltd stated that its Managing Director & CEO P R Seshadri has submitted his resignation citing personal reasons.
- Board of Directors of the Bank in their meeting has accepted the resignation of P R Seshadri
- He will be relieved from the services of the Bank at the close of working hours on 31st March 2020
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
PM Modi Launches Braille Version Of His Book ‘Exam Warriors’ On World Braille Day
- On World Braille Day( Jan 4th )Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that his famous book for children ‘Exam Warriors’ will now be available in Braille.
- Exam Warriors is a book by PM Modi for the youth which talks about how children can ace exams through a fun and interactive style, with illustrations, activities and yoga exercises.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Javadekar to confer first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’ to 30 media houses
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar will confer the first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’ to 30 media houses in New Delhi.
- Acknowledging the positive role and responsibility of the media in disseminating the outreach of Yoga in India and abroad, the Ministry had instituted the award in June last year to mark the contribution of media in spreading the message of Yoga.
- Eleven awards will be conferred under the category of Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Newspapers, Eight under the category “Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Television while 11 awards to be conferred under the category “Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Radio. The award will consist of a special medal, plaque, trophy and a citation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
ISRO inks pact with NITK to set up Regional Academic Centre for Space
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has set up a Regional Academic Centre for Space (RAC-S) at National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) at Surathkal in Mangaluru
- It is to carry out advanced joint research and development (R&D) activities in the area of space technology applications.
- The centre will help pursue advanced research in the areas of relevance to the future technological and programmatic needs of the Indian space programme.
- The centre will act as a facilitator for the promotion of space technology activities in the southern region comprising Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Kerala and Lakshadweep. It will become an ambassador for the capacity building, awareness creation, and R&D activities of ISRO in the region.
- The activities of RAC-S will be directed to maximize the use of the research potential, infrastructure, expertise and experience already existent in ISRO and NITK.
- The centre will consist of faculty members and researchers from NITK and visiting scientists and experts from ISRO.
- The activities of the centre will be guided by a Joint Policy and Management Committee (JPMC) consisting of top executives from the two organizations.
- JPMC will also facilitate collaborative activities between the partner institutions of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- ISRO will provide necessary annual grant, as recommended by the JPMC, to the tune of₹2 crore for conducting R&D projects, promotional activities and administrative expenses.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges Signs MOU with NASSCOM
- National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM) and Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which will facilitate the development and introduction of Qualification Pack (QP) based training Programs for the engineering students.
- The objective is to introduce the skill assessment for students at the entry level, in conjunction with programs, to analyze the efficacy of the multiple skill development programs and employment at entry level.
- The MoU was signed during a Faculty Development Program, organised in association with NASSCOM on Business Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- The students can achieve QP Certification via these newly launched courses. Further, they can appear for the QP assessment at appropriate NSQF (National Skills Qualification Framework).
- Also, various centres of excellence and Placement Assistance to the certified students will also be the part of same.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies is a trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation. NASSCOM initiated a program called ‘10000 Startups’ in 2013.
- Chairperson: Rishad Premji
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1 March 1988
- Founders: Dewang Mehta, Nandan Nilekani
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Upgraded Version of Fighter Jet Developed Jointly by China and Pakistan Makes Maiden Flight
- An upgraded version of a fighter jet being jointly developed by China and Pakistan has made its maiden flight in the Chinese city of Chengdu.
- The JF-17 Thunder, earlier named as FC-1 Xiaolong, was a single-engine multi-role light fighter jet jointly produced by the two countries for several years with engines supplied by Russia.
- The upgraded version features the technologies of China’s stealth fighter J-20.
- The JF-17 planes are mostly used by Pakistan than by China as the Chinese Air Force has acquired new generation aircraft like Russia’s Sukhoi as well as developed an array of homegrown new jets, including the J-20 stealth aircraft.
- The upgraded JF-17 made its maiden flight in mid-December. With the serial number ‘3000’, the first JF-17 Block 3 prototype was taken into the skies in Chengdu.
- The upgraded JF-17 features technologies from China’s top-notch J-20 stealth fighter, which the Chinese defence experts equates with US’ F-35.
- China currently is the only country in the region to have stealth aircraft. The J-20 is China’s fourth-generation medium and long-range fighter aircraft.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian Blind Sports Association organizes sports events from Jan 6
- Indian Blind Sports Association (IBSA) is organizing week-long sportsevents for the blind from 6 to 11 January, 2020 in the premises of The BlindRelief Association, Delhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, near the Oberoi Hotel, NewDelhi.
- Over 400 participants, including 85 female blind sports persons from 7states, namely, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu and Telangana will be taking part in the following events.
- 5th IBSA Kabaddi Championships For Men (6-11 January)
- 2nd IBSA Kabaddi Championships For Women (6-11 January)
- 8th IBSA Powerlifting Championships (08 January)
- Coaching Camp and Seminar on Blind Sports (6-11 January)
- The sports events will kick-start with inauguration of Kabaddi Championships at 10:00 am on, 6th January 2020.
Irfan Pathan announces retirement from all forms of Cricket
- Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket. Irfan, who has been out of favour from the Indian team for few years now, made his Team India debut at the age of 19 in 2003.
- He last played for India in October 2012. He played 29 Tests, 120 ODIs and 24 T20Is. He was part of the victorious Indian team at the 2007 World Twenty20 and was the man-of-the-match in the final against Pakistan.
- One of his best performances came on the tour of Pakistan in 2006 when he became the second Indian after Harbhajan Singh to take a Test hat-trick, removing Salman Butt, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yusuf during the Karachi game.
- He also played a big role in India winning a Test match against Australia on a tough Perth wicket, which offered steep bounce.
Saurabh Chaudhary wins gold in men’s 10 m air pistol at 63rd National Shooting C’ship
- Ace shooter Saurabh Chaudhary has won the men’s 10 metres air pistol gold at the 63rd National Shooting Championship in Bhopal . The 17-year-old from Uttar Pradesh shot a classy 246.4 to finish on top.
- Second-placed Sarabjot Singh of Haryana was well behind with a score of 243.9, while world number two Abhishek Verma settled for bronze in a high-quality final.
- Abhishek and Sarabjot together won the team gold for Haryana. Sarabjot also won the junior men’s gold for a profitable day. Haryana and Uttar Pradesh picked up a clutch of golds as well.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Tamil Nadu Assembly speaker PH Pandian passes away
- Former Tamil Nadu Assembly speaker and senior AIADMK leader PH Pandian passed away.
- PH Pandian, a lawyer by profession, served as Speaker of Tamil Nadu Assembly between 1985 to 1987 when MG Ramachandran was the chief minister.
- Later between 1999 to 2004, PH Pandian served as Tirunelveli MP of the AIADMK.
Freedom fighter Bhim Chandra Jana Passes away
- Centenarian freedom fighter Bhim Chandra Jana passed away of old age-related ailments in West Bengal’s Howrah district.
- Jana was awarded by the Government of India after Independence and was an avowed Gandhian all his life.
Former Karnataka Governor T N Chaturvedi passes away
- Former Governor of Karnataka T N Chaturvedi passed away at a private hospital in Noida. He was 90.
- T N Chaturvedi served as of Comptroller and Auditor General of India from 1984 to 1989. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 1991.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has expressed grief on the demise of T N Chaturvedi.
DAILY CA-4TH JAN
- World Braille Day- 4th january
- 3-day capacity building programme for J-K officers begins in Jammu
- Tiger deaths hit the 100-mark again, but number down from previous year
- WHO designated 2020 as International Year of the Nurse and Midwife
- Reliance to venture in e-commerce with Jio Mart, initial roll-out in Mumbai
- Telangana govt declares 2020 as AI year, signs 8 MoU
- Kerala CM launches K-RERA to bring transparency in real estate sector
- Gujarat CM unveils world’s 2nd tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- KVIC opens first silk processing plant in Gujarat
- Govt appoints AIIMS’ Prof Suresh Chandra Sharma as first chief of NMC
- Britain’s Prince William unveils prize for climate innovation
- 14 Indian scientists get Swarna Jayanti Fellowship
- HRD Minister to inaugurate 28th edition of World Book Fair
- PM Modi inaugurates five high-tech DRDO labs
- Manav Thakkar becomes world no.1 in latest International Table Tennis Federation rankings
- Qassem Soleimani, top Iranian military commander passes away
DAILY CA-5TH JAN
- Yoga Science meet organised at Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru
- Rajnath Singh inaugurates 3-day National Traders Convention in Delhi
- CBIC uses data analytics to identify ‘risky’ exporters’
- Tamil Nadu government to strengthen single-window clearance system for easy biz
- USD 2.5 million fund for clean-tech start-ups
- Rs 5,000 per day penalty for firms failing to operationalise RuPay, BHIM options
- Rohit Sharma lays foundation stone for international cricket stadium and training centre in Hyderabad
- First-of-its kind turtle rehab centre comes up in Bihar
- Delhi gets first smog tower to combat air pollution
- Kolkata Police to start third edition of ‘Sukanya‘ projectKolkata Police to start third edition of ‘Sukanya’ project
- Women Science Congress begins in Bengaluru
- Kochi to host global meet on marine ecosystem
- India ranks 34th in Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index
- Ex-CRPF DG Bhatnagar appointed Advisor to Jammu-Kashmir Lt Governor
- Karur Vysya Bank CEO, MD P R Seshadri resigns
- PM Modi Launches Braille Version Of His Book ‘Exam Warriors’ On World Braille Day
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges Signs MOU with NASSCOM
- Javadekar to confer first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’ to 30 media houses
- ISRO inks pact with NITK to set up Regional Academic Centre for Space
- Upgraded Version of Fighter Jet Developed Jointly by China and Pakistan Makes Maiden Flight
- Indian Blind Sports Association organizes sports events from Jan 6
- Saurabh Chaudhary wins gold in men’s 10 m air pistol at 63rd National Shooting C’ship
- Former Tamil Nadu Assembly speaker PH Pandian passes away
- Freedom fighter Bhim Chandra JanaPasses away
- Former Karnataka Governor T N Chaturvedi passes away