Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Tsunami Awareness Day
- World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed on 5 November to highlight the dangers of tsunami and to focus on the importance of the early warning systems to minimise the damage caused due to the natural hazard. This day also provides traditional knowledge about tsunamis.
- In2019, World Tsunami Awareness Day promotes Target (d) of the “Sendai Seven Campaign,” which focuses on reducing disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
AYUSH Minister Inaugurates National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shri Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders (NRIUMSD) upgraded from Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM) at AG Colony Road, Erragadda, Hyderabad.
- NRUMSD has been upgraded from the Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM) to a premier institute under the CCRUM.
- CRIUM is the only medical institution in the world which has treated more than 1.5 lakh patients of Vitiligo alone.
Atal Pension Yojana has more than 1.9 crore subscribers
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY), an emblematic government pension scheme to cover workers in the unorganized sector, has crossed the subscriber mark of Rs 1.9 million.
- The main reason for the increase in enrolment was the achievement of the objectives assigned to banks for the opening of new APY accounts.
- In this financial year, the response to APY enrolment was overwhelming and more than 36 lakh APY accounts were added until October 31, 2019, indicating a 33% growth compared to 26% growth during the corresponding period.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Australia announces 2020 New Colombo Plan India Mobility Grants
- The Australian Government to announce that 1607 Australian university students will undertake study and work-based experiences in India as part of the 2020 New Colombo Plan Mobility Program.
- The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government, providing Australian students opportunities to gain the cross-cultural awareness and experiences that are vital to globally connected workforce.
- In addition to the 1607 students who received mobility grants, six Australian undergraduate students have been awarded the prestigious New Colombo Plan scholarship to live, study and undertake internships in India in 2019.
- In the 2020 Mobility Program round, the New Colombo Plan will support more than 11,196 students from 40 Australian universities to participate in 685 projects in 36 locations across the Indo-Pacific.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Robotic surgery facility inaugurated at Centre-run Safdarjung Hospital
- A robotic surgery facility was opened for public at the Centre-run Safdarjung Hospital.
- Safdarjung Hospital is the first central government-run healthcare institution to have this latest facility.
- Robotic surgery has the advantage of providing minimally invasive surgery, reducing significantly morbidity and mortality of critically ill, cancer and kidney failure patients.
- The operating time also decreases resulting in improvement in turnover of patients and decrease in waiting list of patients for surgery significantly.
- This is the first such program in urology in India. The department is going to start international LIVE webcast of robotic surgeries from the second week of November. A national robotic training centre has also been set up for training of young doctors.
Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival to showcase Science Book Fair
- Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival, being organised as part of the 5thIndia International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 at Kolkata, will also feature a Science Book Fair where more than thirty publishers will display their scientific publications.
- IISF 2019 is an annual event organised jointly by the Ministry of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and Vijnana Bharati (Vibha). The fifth edition of IISF this year is being held at Kolkata during November 5–8, 2019.
- Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festivalis being coordinated by the CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Vigyan Prasar and Vigyan Bharati. The event would be held at the Biswa Bangla Convention Centre in Kolkata.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
BofAML cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 5.8%
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofAML) has predicted India’s GDP growth rate for 2019-20(FY20) at 5.8%. Earlier it was predicted at 6.1%.
- The reduction in the GDP growth rate has been done by BofAML due to less demand during the festive time of Diwali.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Saudi Aramco to float initial public offering
- Saudi Aramco, world’s largest integrated oil and gas company, will float initial public offering (IPO).
- Saudi Arabia’s Aramco is considered one of the world’s most profitable oil producing enterprise.
- It has decided to sell an unspecified percentage of its shares on the Saudi stock exchange, the Tadawul.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference begins in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- In Sri Lanka, the biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference began in Colombo under the theme Equal Access to Justice and the Rule of Law.
- The four-day conference participated by Law Ministers and Attorney Generals from Commonwealth countries seeks to address challenges faced by millions of people seeking to resolve legal problems or disputes.
Katowice to host WADA congress in 2019
- Katowiceto host WADA congress in 2019. on 5-7 November 2019.
- The International Congress Centre in Katowice will became the world anti-doping centre.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) decided to hold the World Conference on Doping in Sport in the Polish city.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Indian-origin researcher wins award for work on batteries
- Dr Neeraj Sharma from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney – considered one of the global leaders in the use of neutron and X-ray scattering methods to study materials for next-generation lithium-ion batteries – has won the ‘Early Career Researcher of the Year (Physical Sciences)‘.
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian honoured 35-year-old Dr Sharma, from the School of Chemistry at UNSW, with the award at the Government House in Sydney.
- The award was given for his work in lithium-ion batteries found in electronic devices, electric vehicles and the grid, as well as next-generation battery systems such as sodium-ion batteries that will leave a minimal environmental impact, and transition away from fossil fuels for energy generation and transportation.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Army to have first Dhanush regiment by March 2020
- The Indian Army, which began inducting the indigenously upgraded Dhanush artillery guns, will have the first regiment in place by March 2020 and will get all 114 guns by 2022.
- Dhanush is the indigenously upgraded variant of the Swedish Bofors gun imported in the 1980s.
- In April, the Ordnance Factory Board had handed over the first batch of six Dhanush guns. The Gun Carriage Factory, Jabalpur, received the Bulk Production Clearance to manufacture 114 guns from the Army on February 18, 2019.
- Dhanush is a 155 mm, 45-calibre towed artillery gun with a range of 36km and has demonstrated a range of 38 km with specialised ammunition. It is an upgrade of the existing 155m, 39 calibre Bofors FH 77 gun.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Valtteri Bottas Wins The 2019 United States Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes – Finland) has won the Formula One, United States Grand Prix 2019.
- Lewis Hamilton was on second, Max Verstappen on third, Charles Leclerc on fourth and Alexander Albon on fifth.
- However, it must be noted that, after the US Grand Prix 2019, Lewis Hamilton was awarded his sixth F1 world title i.e Lewis Hamilton has won the Formula One World Drivers’ Championship for 2019.
- The maximum number of Formula One World Drivers’ Championship has been won by Michael Schumacher with 7 titles.
Ashleigh Barty beats Elina Svitolina in WTA Finals
- Ashleigh Barty arrived for her final showdown in Shenzhen against Elina Svitolina.
- Barty has won the French Open and reached No 1.
- Svitolina to win the WTA Finals and its $4.42m (£3.42m) cheque, the biggest prize money in tennis history.
Novak Djokovic beats Denis Shapovalov to win fifth Paris Masters title
- Novak Djokovic recorded his 77th ATP title with a win over Canada’s Denis Shapovalov at the Paris Masters.
- The 32-year-old Serb will be replaced as world number one by Rafael Nadal despite sealing his 34th Masters title, his fifth in Paris and fifth overall ATP victory of the year.