Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
World Space Week
- World Space Week, October 4-10 annually, is the largest space event on Earth. More than 5,000 events in over 80 countries celebrated the theme “Space Unites the World” in 2018.
- The 2019 theme is “The Moon: Gateway to the Stars.”
- “The General Assembly declares 4 to 10 October World Space Week to celebrate each year at the international level the contributions of space science and technology to the betterment of the human condition”
World Animal Day
- World Animal Day is an international day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated annually on October 4, the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
- It’s celebrated in different ways in every country, irrespective of nationality, religion, faith or political ideology. Through increased awareness and education we can create a world where animals are always recognised as sentient beings and full regard is always paid to their welfare.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
PM Modi Inaugurates Metro Service, ENT Hospital in Mauritius Via Video Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi jointly inaugurated a metro express service and a hospital in Mauritius with Mauritian premier Pravind Jugnauth via video conference and described the projects as a symbol of New Delhi’s strong commitment towards the development of the island nation.
- Both the projects will serve the people of Mauritius.
- The metro will provide a clean, efficient and time-saving transport service. It will contribute to economic activities as also tourism.
- The Government of India has granted $275 million for the Metro Express project and $14 million for the new Hospital Project.
- The state-of-the-art energy efficient ENT Hospital is first paperless E-Hospital in Mauritius.
Ministry of Tourism launches Audio Guide facility App “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India (including Iconic Sites)
- Ministry of Tourism has launched Audio Guide facility App “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India (including Iconic Sites).
- Audio Guide facility Audio Odigos can be used in 12 sites that includes Amer Fort, Rajasthan, Chandni Chowk, Red Fort, Purana Quila, Humayun’s tomb, Delhi, Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh, Somnath and Dholavira, Gujarat, Khajuraho, Madhya pradesh, Mahabalipuram, Tamilnadu and Mahabodhi Temple, Bihar.
- Audio guide odigo offers Government of India verified content, with visuals & voice over support. With Audio Odigos, tourists will now enjoy a more enriching experience and take back historical insights of the Indian culture and heritage. The Audio Odigos app contains an inbuilt map of the site for a smooth navigation during the tour.
- Listeners will be offered various versions of history like Synopsis, Detailed History and Podcasts. The audio can be chosen in their preferred language & version of the history. Audio Odigos is now available for download on all Android and iOS supported mobile phones.
President Kovind to confer Vayoshreshtha Samman-2019
- President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the Vayoshreshtha Samman-2019 on the eminent senior citizens and institutions in recognition of their services towards the cause of the elderly persons. The award will be given a function in New Delhi.
- These awards are presented to institutions/organisations/individuals as part of the celebration of the International Day of Older Persons (IDOP) which is celebrated every year on 1st October.
Textiles Minister to represent India at World Cotton Day celebrations in Geneva
- Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Irani will participate in the plenary session of World Cotton Day being observed from October 7-11, 2019 in Geneva, which will also serve to shed light on the challenges faced by cotton economies around the world.
- The World Trade Organization (WTO) is organizing World Cotton Day event in collaboration with the Secretariats of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC).
- WTO is hosting the event at the request of the Cotton – 4 countries, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali to celebrate their official application for the recognition of 7th October as World Cotton Day by the United Nations.
- World Cotton Day will celebrate the many advantages of cotton, from its qualities as a natural fibre, to the benefits people obtain from its production, transformation, trade and consumption. World Cotton Day will also serve to shed light on the challenges faced by cotton economies around the world because cotton is important to least developed, developing and developed economies worldwide.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
S&P slashes India growth forecast for FY20 to 6.3%
- S&P Global Ratings reduced India’s growth projection for 2019-20 from 7.1% to 6.3%.
- But it expected a recovery in 2020-21 to 7%.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Lakshminarayanan named Tata Communications MD, CEO designate
- Tata Communications has appointed Amur S Lakshminarayanan as its Managing Director and Group CEO designate.
- Lakshminarayanan, who will advise the Interim Management Committee of the firm, was earlier the President and CEO of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Japan.
- The company board will appoint him after receiving the necessary regulatory approvals.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Maj AQ Khan Won Silver Medal in 53rd Asian Body Building and Physique Sports Championship 2019, Indonesia on 02 Oct 2019
- Maj Abdul Quadir Khan of the Corps of Signals brought laurels to India by winning a Silver Medal at the prestigious 53rdAsian Body Building and Physique Sports Championship held at Batam, Indonesia on 02 Oct 19.
- He participated in the Indian Body Building Federation (IBBF) selection trials held at Khammam, Telangana in July 2019 and got selected to represent India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indo-Mongolian Joint Exercise Nomadic Elephant 2019
- 14thedition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant-XIV, being conducted over a period of 14 days, will commence from 05 Oct 2019.
- The exercise will be conducted from 05 Oct 19 to 18 Oct 19 at Bakloh. The Mongolian Army is being represented by officers and troops of the elite 084 Air Borne Special Task Battalion while Indian Army is being represented by a contingent of a battalion of RAJPUTANA RIFLES.
- Nomadic Elephant-XIV is aimed at training troops in counter insurgency &counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate.
- The Joint Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two nations. It is an ideal platform for the armies of both the nations to share their experiences & best practices and gain mutually during the joint training.
Indo Maldives joint Ex Ekuverin – 19 at Aundh Mil Stn, Pune from 07 to 20 Oct 19
- Tenth edition of the Joint Military Exercise Ekuverin between the Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Force will be organised from 07 to 20 October 2019 at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Forces have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin meaning ‘Friends’ in the Dhivehi language since 2009.
- The 14 days JointExercise held alternatively in India and Maldives focuses on enhancing interoperability between the two forces for carrying out counter insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in a semi-urban environment under the United Nations mandate.
- The focus of the exercise will be on sharing of best practices and acquainting each other with the operating procedures being followed while undertaking counter insurgency and counter-terrorism operations. The last exercise was held in 2018 at Northern Area Headquarters, Lh. Maafilaafushi of Maldives.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Harmanpreet beats Dhoni, Rohit to become 1st Indian to play 100 T20Is
- India Women T20I captain Harmanpreet Kaur became the first Indian (male or female) to play 100 T20I matches, achieving the feat after taking the field in the sixth T20I against South Africa Women.
- Harmanpreet is followed by former Indian men’s team captain MS Dhoni and opener Rohit Sharma, who have played 98 matches each.