Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Infant Protection Day
- Infant Protection Day is celebrated on 7 November.
- The main purpose of celebrating this day is to spread awareness about the safety of infants and protect their lives by taking proper care of infants, due to lack of proper protection and proper care, newborns face a lot.
National Cancer Awareness Day
- National Cancer Awareness Day is observed on 7 November to spread awareness about cancer and to make it global health priority.
- In 2014, National Cancer Awareness Day was started by the announcement of the former Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Khadi gets separate unique HS code
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industries has allocated a separate HS code for Khadi.
- HS stands for Harmonized System and it is a six digit identification code.
- It was developed by the WCO (World Customs Organization) and custom officers use HS Code to clear every commodity that enters or crosses any international border. Governments use HS codes and product descriptions to detect fraudulent activities.
Uttam rake: Indian Railways introduce first non-AC local train with CCTV cameras
- Indian Railways’ Western Railway Zone has introduced state of the art ‘Uttam Rake’ for the local trains in Mumbai.
- The newly introduced rake has improved interiors and advanced features to make traveling in local a better experience.
- The Uttam rake is equipped with better seats, CCTV cameras, red emergency buttons, anti-dent partitions, modular luggage racks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
CM Amarinder Singh launches first-of-its-kind ‘Punjab job helpline’ for job seekers
- Punjab government has launched first of its kind Punjab job helpline number 76260-76260 for the job seekers.
- Launching the Punjab Job Helpline as part of the State Government’s flagship ‘GharGharRozgar’ programme,
- Chief Minister CaptAmarinder Singh described it as a platform to generate massive job opportunities to lakhs of job seekers across the State every year, connecting them effectively with prospective employers.
- The helpline aims to reach every household in Punjab and is designed to call 75,000 mobile and landline numbers daily.
- To enable the data that will get created through an operation of this scale, the Punjab Job Helpline has a 110-seat backend call centre.
|Punjab CM||Amarinder Singh|
|Punjab Governor||V P Singh Badnore|
AP government to introduce English medium for state schools
- The Andhra Pradesh Government is set to introduce English medium in government schools right for first to eighth standard starting from the next academic year.
- The programme, to be launched by the Chief Minister in Prakasamdistrict , the basic amenities in schools will be improved and in the first phase it would be taken up in 15,000 schools. This phase would be completed by March 2020, and in the next phase remaining schools will be taken up, the total number being around 40,000.
- From the next academic year, instruction in English will begin . In subsequent years, it will be extended to cover the ninth and tenth standards as well. Teachers will be trained to teach in English and new teachers to be recruited would be tested for their proficiency in English.
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Amaravathi|
|Andhra Pradesh CM||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
Andhra Pradesh Governor
Lucknow railway station gets ‘Health ATM’
- The Indian Railways has installed two ‘Health ATMs’ at the Charbagh railway station in Lucknow.
- The kiosks, promoted by YOLO Health ATM, provide 16 health check-ups for Rs 50-100. There are two types of check-ups — a 9-minute one that costs Rs 100, and a 6-minute one that costs Rs 50. The report is delivered instantly to the email or smartphone of the user.
- Health ATMs can be defined as private, walk-in medical kiosks with integrated medical devices for basic vitals, cardiology, neurology, pulmonary testing, gynecology, basic laboratory testing and emergency facilities and staffed by a medical attendant.
YOLO plans to install similar ‘Health ATMs’ in Bareilly and Moradabad soon.
- The NorthEastern Railway has decided to extend the primary health check-up facility to other stations such as Gorakhpur, Gonda, Prayagraj and Basti.
- The check-ups include body mass index, blood pressure, body fat, hemoglobin, metabolic age, muscle mass, weight, height, temperature, muscle mass, basal metabolic rating, visceral fat, oxygen saturation, pulse rate, blood glucose, and bone mass.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
|Uttar Pradesh CM||Yogi Adithiyanath|
|Uttar Pradesh Governor||Anandiben Patel|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Launches ‘Farmitra’ App
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, the private general insurer launched industry’s first mobile app ‘Farmitra’ catering to the specific needs of farmers.
- Through this app, farmers will not only get insurance solutions, but also a range of other information and advisories which will cater to their day to day farming needs.
- Users of this app can see regular weather forecast specific to their area, advisories customized as per the selected crops, market price of crops, news related to agriculture developments and also a locator for seed/soil testing labs, fertilizer dealers, Cold Storage around the area.
- In terms of insurance, users can access the PradhanMantriFasalBimaYojana (PMFBY) portal to buy crop insurance, check their application status, register claims and reach out to program coordinators. They can also buy Motor and Health insurance policies offered by the Company.
- This app is user friendly wherein all one needs to do is register mentioning their state, block, area of farm land, crops and other relevant details. Through this information, all the above mentioned features will then be customized in the region specific language as per the crop chosen and geographical area selected.
- Farmitra will also act as a portal for farmers enrolled with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance to get a single view of their policies and get claim support.
GeM partners with Central Bank for payment related services
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed MoU with Central Bank of India.
- Through this partnership, Central Bank of India will be able to offer an array of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of electronic Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG) and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) to the registered users on the portal
- Integration for payments and various banking services is one of the priorities for GeM towards the goal of paperless, contactless and cashless system.
- GeM has already signed MoU with 18 Public Sector and Private Banks to enable this.
- GeM is also working with Banks, TReDs, and SIDBI to provide bill discounting and financing of working capital where the cost of capital is linked to the performance & rating of a seller on GeM
- GeMis an initiative of the Government of India which offers a one stop platform for facilitating online procurementof goods and services by Central and State government organizations.
- GeM provides tools for Direct Purchase, bidding and reverse auction for ensuring transparent and efficient procurement
|Central Bank of India CEO||PallavMahapatra|
|Central Bank of IndiaHeadquarters||Mumbai|
|Central Bank of IndiaTagline||Central to You Since 1911|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
IODA’s First Indian and Asian General Vice President Elected
- Dr VinayaShetty, from Mumbai India, is the first Indian to be elected to the position of General Vice President (GVP), International Organisation Development Association (IODA) since its inception in 1986.
- Dr Vinaya has helped in change and transformation of numerous organisations across industries in India and has been contributing in facilitating IODA’s efforts since 2009.
- IODA is a non-profit association, has members from 50 countries that are initiating and supporting organizational and societal change processes all over the world.
ArunAlagappan takes over as MD of Cholamandalam Investment
- The Board of Directors of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company has appointed ArunAlagappan as the Managing Director of the Company.
- Alagappan is a promoter and a member of the Murugappa family, and has been the Executive Director of the Company since August 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Rajasthan Patrika group chairman Gulab Kothari to be awarded Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award by PCI
- Rajasthan Patrika group chairman Gulab Kothari has been chosen for the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award, presented by the Press Council of India, for his outstanding contribution towards journalism.
- The award will be presented on November 16 on the occasion of the National Press Day.
- Press Council of India (PCI) also announced other winners of the National Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2019.
- Sanjay Saini, Correspondent, DainikBhaskar, Mandi, and Raj Chengappa, Group Editorial Director, India Today, have been jointly named as winners of the award in the category of ‘Rural Journalism’.
- Shiva SwarupAwasthi, Senior Reporter of DainikJagran, and AnuAbrahim, sub-editor of Matrubhumi, Calicut, have been selected under the award category of Developmental Reporting.
- KrishnKaushik and Sandeep Singh of Indian Express have been selected as winners under the award category of ‘Financial Reporting’.
- P G Unnikrishnan, Senior Photographer, The Matrubhumi, and Akhil E S, News Photographer, Matrubhumi, were named as winners of the award in the ‘Photo Journalism-Single News Picture’ category.
- Sipra Das, Consulting Editor (Photography), India Empire Magazine and Parliamentarian Magazine, has been selected in the category of ‘Photo Journalism-Photo Feature’.
- Ruby Sarkar, Special Correspondent, Deshbandhu, Bhopal, has been selected for the award category of ‘gender based reporting’.
- The selection of awardees was carried out by a jury comprising eminent members of the PCI such as Jai Shankar Gupta, Balwinder Singh and Ashok Upadhyaya among others.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Om Birla addresses 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries
- Mr Birla, who was in Tokyo to attend the 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries from November 3-5, 2019, shared his views with Presiding Officers of Parliaments of G20 countries.
- The G20 has 19 countries and the European Union. The 19 countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Republic of Korea, South Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
India to host ‘No Money For Terror’ meet in 2020
- India will host the next edition of the ‘No Money For Terror’ conference to be held in 2020.
- The ‘No Money For Terror’ conference is organised by Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) of over 100 countries, jointly called The Egmont Group.
- Recognising the importance of international cooperation in the fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism, a group of FIUs met a few years ago at the Egmont Arenberg Palace in Brussels, Belgium, and decided to establish an informal network of FIUs for the stimulation of international co-operation.
- Money laundering and the financing of terrorism are serious crimes that threaten to destabilise the global economy.
- The Egmont Group was created to provide FIUs around the world a forum to exchange information confidentially to combat money-laundering, the financing of terrorism and other predicate offences.
Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine
- Vice President M Venkaiah NaiduInaugurated 10th Asian Conference of Emergency Medicine in New Delhi
- The main objective of this conference is to develop programs and manuals to train citizens in emergency first aid procedures such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation as it will help in saving a life while waiting for emergency services
- The Government of India has made it mandatory for all medical college hospitals to have full-fledged Emergency Departments by 2022 with an aim to improve trauma care
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
Maharashtra tops list in delivering justice to citizens, Goa among smaller states
- Maharashtra is the top state in delivering justice to its citizens, according to the India Justice Report by Tata Trusts. Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Punjab and Haryana are some of the top states that fared well in delivering justice to its citizens.
- The India Justice Report is a quantitative analysis of the four pillars of justice – judiciary, police, prisons and legal aid.
- They are being quantitatively studied on the basis of budgetary allocation, human resources, workload, diversity, infrastructure and trends using only government data.
- Among the seven small states, Goa topped the list, followed by Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh.
Indian firms in Fintech 100 list: Paytm, OlaMoney make it to top 10
- Eight Indian fintech firms were featured in the KPMG and H2 Ventures’ ‘Fintech100’ list, with Paytm and OlaMoney making it to top 10.
- The Fintech100 list comprises 27 payments and transaction firms, 19 wealth companies, 17 insurance companies, 15 lending companies, 9 neo banks and 13 companies that operate across multiple fintech sectors.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
US university to collaborate with AIIMS, Kasturba Medical College for genetic testing in India
- A top American university will expand genetic testing in India in partnership with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi and the Kasturba Medical College in Manipal.
- A 2.3 million US dollar grant from the National Institute of Health over five years will help the University of Michigan and Indian geneticists identify and confirm genetic changes that are the basis of developmental disorders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Dinesh Shahra introduces his book – Simplicity and Wisdom
- Renowned industrialist and philanthropist, Dinesh Shahra introduced his book- Simplicity and Wisdom at Vatsalya Gram in Vrindavan recently in the presence of eminent social reformer, SadhviRitambhara.
- The book – Simplicity and Wisdom is dedicated to Late Vedanti Swami Pragananand. It aims at guiding towards saintly wisdom and leading content and happy life.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Asian Shooting Championships 2019: Manu Bhaker clinches gold in women’s 10m air pistol event
- Deepak Kumar secured India’s 10th Olympic quota in shooting while Manu Bhaker claimed the women’s 10m air pistol gold medal in the 14th Asian Championship.
- VivaanKapoor and ManishaKeer won the second-highest honour in junior trap mixed event at the Asian Shooting Championships in Doha.