Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Canada to ban single-use plastics as early as 2021
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced, Canada will ban “harmful” single-use plastics as early as 2021 in a bid to reduce ocean waste.
- This initiative is modelled on similar legislation passed last year by the European Union and other nations
- Canada will also establish “targets” for companies that manufacture or sell plastics to be responsible for their plastic waste.
- Currently less than 10% of plastic used in Canada gets recycled.
|Prime Minister||Justin Trudeau|
Bangladesh elected as UNWTO Vice-President
- Bangladesh has been elected Vice-President of the United Nations World Tourism Organization as well as member of the organization’s credential committee.
- This election was made in the 57th conference of World Tourism Organization’s Commission for South Asia held at Bhutan’s capital of Thimphu presided over by the Minister of Civil Aviation and Tourism, Mahbub Ali.
- Iran competed against Bangladesh in the vice-presidential position of the World Tourism Organization, but Bangladesh won all the vote of the members of the Commission for South Asia.
- Bangladesh is currently the Chairman of the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s Commission for South Asia.
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
All States can now constitute Foreigners Tribunals
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has laid out specific guidelines to detect, detain and deport foreign nationals staying illegally across the country.
- The MHA has amended the Foreigners (Tribunals) Order, 1964, and has empowered district magistrates in all States and Union Territories to set up tribunals to decide whether a person staying illegally in India is a foreigner or not.
- Earlier, the powers to constitute tribunals were vested only with the Centre.
I&B Ministry Institutes Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS)
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has instituted the first edition of Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS), from 2019 to mark the contribution of media in spreading the message of Yoga.
- A total of 33 awards will be conferred grouped into 3 categories namely Newspaper (11), Television (11) and Radio (11).
- The duration for the coverage for AYDMS would be from 10 June to 25 June, 2019 and awards will be distributed in July 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Main event of International Yoga Day celebrations to be held in Ranchi
- Main event of International Dayof Yoga 2019 to be held in Jharkhand. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the main event of International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2019 celebrations to be held at Prabhat Tara, Ranchi, Jharkhand on June 21, 2019.
- Approximately 30,000 people are expected to participate in themain event.
B’gluru CM Kumaraswamy launches ‘Pink Sarathi’ vehicles
- Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy flagged off the ‘Pink Sarathi’ vehicles procured by the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) under the ‘Nirbhaya’ scheme.
- The corporation had received ₹07 crore from the Union government under the scheme and had taken up various measures for the safety of women passengers, including the launch of Pink Sarathi vehicles.
- The Chief Minister also launched the student bus pass scheme for the current academic year by unveiling smart cards. In the previous academic year, the corporation had issued 3.5 lakh student passes.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
Hyderabad to Host International Quran Exhibition
- The cultural capital of South India, Hyderabad city is hosting an International Quran Exhibition from June 22 to 24, 2019. The exhibition will be open daily from 10 AM till 5 PM at Salar Jung Museum.
- In this ‘International The Quran Exhibition’ famous and leading museums, institutions and centers in Iran and India will be displaying the facsimile copies of the rare and illuminated copies of the holy Quran, the books published in Iran and India related to all the Quranic Sciences in particular the Tafsir (exegesis) and the software products related to the Hifz (memorization), Qiraat (recitation) and the terminology of the Quranic terms.
- Those participaning in the exhibition include, Quran and Etrat Division, Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, Islamic Republic of Iran, Tehran; Jamia Nizamia, Hyderabad, India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Max Life Insurance launches unique ‘My Protection Quotient’ tool on second ‘Protection Day’
- Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (‘Max Life’/’Company’), one of India’s fastest growing life insurance companies, announced the launch of a unique proprietary tool, ‘My Protection Quotient’ (MyPQ) further fortifying its commitment to ensure financial protection in the country.
- MyPQ is a smart tool designed to gauge the level of individual’s financial protection and to promote awareness and importance of term plans in protecting the financial future of families.
- By launching MyPQ on the first-month anniversary of having dedicated 6th of every month as ‘Protection Day
YES Bank conducts e-auction for forest produce
- YES Bank has conducted the first e-auction of forest produce in Dhanora Mahasangh in Maharashtra, something it will now aim to replicate in other states.
- The online auction enables the online purchase of goods aimed at facilitating effective and transparent price discovery. For farmers, this brings in greater transparency and eliminates the middle man, ensuring that they get a better rate for their produce.
- This is done under theTech for Change initiative where the bank work with the government and corporates to create technology-based solutions which have a social impact.
|Yes Bank CEO||Ravneet Gill|
|Tagline||Experience our Expertise|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Tata Mutual Fund launches India’s first mutual fund side pocket
- Tata Mutual Fund has announced plans to introduce segregated portfolios (side pockets) in three schemes hit by the DHFL debt crisis – Tata Corporate Bond Fund, Tata Medium Term Fund and Tata Treasury Advantage Fund. It has also suspended fresh inflows into these schemes.
- This instance is India’s first formal use of the side pocketing provisions introduced by SEBI in December 2018.
- Other AMCs have made amendments to SIDs to allow side pocketing but this is the first time an AMC is actually proposing to carry out the procedure.
- Side pocketing requires an amendment of the Scheme Information Document (SID). Since this amendment constitutes a ‘fundamental change of attribute,’ investors have to be given a 30 day exit load free window to leave the fund.
ICAT Releases India’s 1st BS – VI Certificate in Two Wheeler Segment
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) released India’s first Type Approval Certificate (TAC) for Bharat Stage – VI (BS – VI) norms for the two wheeler segment in New Delhi.
- The certificate was released and handed over by Director ICAT, Dinesh Tyagi to top officials of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
- ICAT has taken many steps in providing assistance and support to the automotive industry for the development, optimization and calibration of engines and vehicles for complying with these upcoming emission norms.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMITS AND CONFERENCE
Cambodia to Host the 16th Asia Media Summit 2019
- Cambodia will host the 16th Asia Media Summit 2019 (16th AMS) in Siem Reap province from 11-14 June 2019, presided over by Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen
- The 16th AMS, co-organized Cambodia’s Ministry of Information and Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development, looks into the progresses and challenges as well as mutual sharing across the continent.
- The conference provides a unique opportunity for broadcasters in the region to share their thoughts on Broadcasting and Information.
- The 16th AMS will touch on important topics as how can we adopt digital revolution; envisioning the media in the 4 Industrial Revolution; disinformation and new media; monetization in traditional media new media; technologies for distribution of media contents; preserving our times through archives, and more.
|Cambodia Capital||Phnom Penh|
|Prime Minister||Hun Sen|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Govt changes rules to give PK Sinha three more months as Cabinet Secretary
- The government has changed existing rules to give a three-month extension to Cabinet Secretary PK Sinha beyond the four years he will complete in the chair on June 12.
- However, government has amended the existing All India Services (Death-Cum-Retirement-Benefits) Rules, 1958, for appointment of Cabinet Secretary, stating that the Central Government may, if it considers necessary in public interest to do so, give an extension in service for a further period, not exceeding three months, beyond the period of four years to the Cabinet Secretary.
- According to an official order, making him the longest-serving bureaucrat in the post in the last seven decades.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
V.O.C Port inks MoU with Central Warehousing Corporation
- A memorandum of understanding was signed between the V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust and the Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) to facilitate direct port entry (DPE) of cargo, which would help cut down on dwell time and costs.
- Chairman of V.O.C Port Trust T.K. Ramachandran and Managing Director of CWC Arun Kumar Shrivastava signed the MoU that would allow the CWC to operate and manage the truck terminal located opposite to the Fisheries College and Research Institute on an annual lease rental basis for 30 years. The terminal has an area of 18,357 sqm.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Portugal wins UEFA Nations League
- Portugal claimed their second trophy in three years by beating the Netherlands to win the inaugural Nations League.
- Portugal are the first European nation to host and win a final of a major competition since France beat Brazil 3-0 in the final of the 1998 World Cup.
- Goncalo Guedes has been directly involved in five goals in his last eight appearances for Portugal (three goals and two assists).
- England finished third in the tournament after a victory on penalties over Switzerland in Guimaraes.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Former Puducherry Chief Minister R.V. Janakiraman passes away
- Former Puducherry Chief Minister and DMK leader R.V. Janakiraman passed away. He was 79.
- He served as Chief Minister from May 26, 1996 to March 18, 2000.
Actor Comedian Crazy Mohan passes away
- Renowned Tamil writer, actor and comedy giant Crazy Mohan passed away, after he suffered a major heart attack. He was 67.
- Some of his popular plays include “Chocolate Krishna”, “Satellite Saamiyar”, “Marriage Made in Saloon” and “Return of Crazy Thieves”, among others.
/ 5. Reviews