Dear Aspirants, Our IBPS Guide team is providing a new series of English Questions for IBPS RRB PO 2019 so the aspirants can practice it on a daily basis. These questions are framed by our skilled experts after understanding your needs thoroughly. Aspirants can practice these new series questions daily to familiarize with the exact exam pattern and make your preparation effective.
Directions(1-5): Rearrange the following questions to form a meaningful paragraph in order to answer the questions given below. The sentence given in bold is fixed and no need to consider it while arranging the remaining sentences.
- The Caribbean city of Utila, in Honduras, has found a solution to prevent thousands of tonnes of plastic from going into the Atlantic: turn them into asphalt. Dolphins can now dance freely in Utila’s turquoise waters without fearing that plastic will end up in their stomachs.
- The municipality’s innovative solution is a mixture of plastic bottles and cement, and aims to stop the environmental pollution that threatens not only the impressive dolphin sanctuary, but all the marine species currently living in the second largest reef in the world.
- “About five million plastic bottles arrive at the island each year, in addition to what the sea brings to the beaches,” explains Utila’s mayor, Troy Bodden, “so we decided to get rid of this plastic by shredding it and using it as a material for the concrete mix to pave our streets.”
- Inspired by an idea that was first applied in India, Utila’s plastic roads are more sustainable, durable and cheaper than conventional roads. It was the Indian example, coupled with a tourist’s video of Canada’s plastic roads, that inspired Mayor Bodden.
- The island’s authorities are now using the raw material to pave Utila’s streets, keeping the cetaceans, whose dance attracts 2.3 million tourists each year, safe from the plastic invasion.
- The more than five million plastic bottles that each year make their way to the Honduran island, in the Caribbean department of Islas de la Bahía, will no longer finish in the ocean.
1) Which of the following will be FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
2) Which of the following will be SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
3) Which of the following will be THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
4) Which of the following will be FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
5) Which of the following will be LAST sentence after rearrangement?
Directions(6-10): In the passage given below there are blanks filled with numbers, find out the word in each case which replaces the number to make the sentence grammatically and contextually correct and mark that word as your answer.
India cut its trade __(6)__ with China by the most in more than a decade, according to people familiar with the data, as it boosted exports amid a US-China trade war. India’s exports to China jumped 31% year-on-year to $17 billion in the financial year ended March 31, the people said, asking not to be __(7)__ as the data is not public yet. In the process, it cut the bilateral trade deficit by $10 billion to $53 billion. The surge in exports was mainly due to greater demand for marine products, grapes, raw cotton and plastic raw materials: items that were __(8)__ in President Donald Trump’s trade war with Beijing. This is the second straight year that India’s shipments to China have grown by more than 30%. “Exports with China will do much better this year than in the last few years,” Ajay Sahai, director general and CEO of the Federation of Indian Export Organizations, said by phone. “China has agreed to give increased market access, as it sees India filling in the gap left by the US.” New Delhi has also used the opportunity to push for greater __(9)__ with China on trade, using talks for a Beijing-backed 16-nation Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, or RCEP, as a lever. Last year, India won market access for sugar, rice, pharma, grapes, fish meal, fish oil, rapeseed meal, and tobacco. It is now working to export soybean meal, pomegranates, banana, pineapple, okra and corn among other items. The results have been __(10)__ export of marine products to China witnessed a 346% jump in April-February period, grapes by 200%, raw cotton 226%, and plastic raw materials 134%. Falling imports from China also helped shrink the trade gap. India’s purchases from its largest commercial partner declined to $70 billion last fiscal year from $76 billion in the previous year, the people said.
None of these
None of these
None of these
None of these
None of these
Direction (1-5) :
A. the first sentence is fixed according to the question which describes the introduction that how Caribbean city utila found solution for plastic problem and how it will be helpful to water animals and birds.
F. will be the second sentence which explains about the amount of plastic that is going into the sea and it will no longer be a problem now.
E. will be the third sentence which describes how the island authorities using raw materials and how many tourists it will attract by the implementation of their new methods.
B. will be the fourth sentence which point outs that it is the second largest reef and how the innovative solution stops environmental pollution which is a threat for Dolphin bird sanctuary.
C. will be the fifth sentence which describes the statement given by Utila’s mayor that how much plastic is coming into the sea and how they are planning to use that plastic as concrete for roads.
D will be the last sentence which describes about how the mayor got the idea from which countries he got inspirations and how this types of roads are cheap and conventional.
1) Answer: B
2) Answer: C
3) Answer: D
4) Answer: A
5) Answer: E
Direction (6-10) :
6) Answer: A
Deficit: Amount of which a sum falls short of some reference amount
7) Answer: B
Identified: Establish or indicate who or what is
8) Answer: C
Casualties: A person or thing that is badly affected by an event or situation
9) Answer: D
Cooperation: Process of working together to the same end
10) Answer: A
Encouraging: Giving someone support or confidence.