Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try the Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day:
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is being observed on June 15.
- This day is observed on the 15th of June every year to voice opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted on elderly people.
- It was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011 following a request by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse.
- According to the UN, around 1 in 6 older people experience some form of abuse. It is predicted to rise as populations age worldwide.
- Elder abuse can lead to serious physical injuries and long-term psychological consequences. It is a global social issue which affects the health and human rights of millions of older persons around the world.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India allows 1 lakh tonnes of corn imports at lower duty
- India has allowed two state-run trading companies, MMTC and NAFED, to import 1 lakh tonnes of corn for poultry farms in 2019-20 at a concessional 15% import tax.
- This comes after prices of the animal feed jumped in the country because of drought.
- The government otherwise imposes a 60% import tax on the grain.
PM Kisan Pension Scheme: Farmers’ contribution to be Rs 100 per month
- Farmers will have to contribute 100 rupees per month under the PradhanMantriKisan Pension Yojana that seeks to provide a minimum fixed monthly pension of 3,000 rupees on the attainment of 60 years.
- The central government will also contribute an equal amount to the pension fund to be managed by the LIC, which will be responsible for the pension payout.
- The government in its first cabinet meeting had approved a separate pension scheme for farmers with an aim to cover 5 crore beneficiaries in the first three years.
DGT, Cisco and Accenture sign MoU to skill youth for digital economy through ITIs
- Directorate General of Training under the aegis of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry has joined hands with Cisco and Accenture to skill the youth for the digital economy through its Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- Nearly 15 lakh students across all the ITIs in India can access the digital learning module via the Bharat Skills portal.
- This programme will equip students enrolled in ITIs across India with skills for the digital economy over the next two years.
- The programme includes tailor-made curriculum with modules for digital literacy, career readiness, employability skills and advanced technology skills such as data analytics and a blended learning model enabled by a combination of on-line self-learning via the Bharat Skills portal and in-classroom modules.
- The initial phase of the in-classroom training programme is being rolled out across 227 ITIs in Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Bihar and Assam, targeting more than one lakh youth.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Bahrain to ban plastic products from next month
- Bahrain will start phasing out the use of plastic products from next month.
- A Ministerial order with respect to the technical regulations for plastic products will come into effect on the 21st of next month. The order will regulate and phase out the use of plastic bags.
- The first phase will focus on single-use plastic bags as well as banning the import of non-biodegradable plastic bags.
- Later phases will witness a permanent ban on the use of plastic bags at certain malls and supermarkets.
|Bahrain Currency||Bahraini dinar|
|King of Bahrain||Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Centre approves setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam
- The Centre has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam.
- The CEO of e-FT Mission AnandPrakashTiwari said that the proposed integrated e-FT IT system will be implemented across the state for effective monitoring and resolution of cases registered with Foreigner Tribunal.
- The main objective of the project is to maintain a statewide bio-metric and biographic data, to capture the illegal migrants’ data to computerize data flow for all the stakeholders.
- It will also help in the legalization of eligible beneficiaries for welfare schemes.
|Assam Chief Minister||SarbanandaSonowal|
Jammu and Kashmir admin approves 2nd phase of comprehensive plan for flood management work on Jhelum river
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration has approved the second phase of a comprehensive plan for flood management work on the Jhelum river at a cost of over 5,400 crore rupees.
- The State Administrative Council, which met in Srinagar under the chairmanship of Governor Satya Pal Malik last evening, accorded in-principle approval to the Comprehensive Plan.
- The project is proposed to be implemented part-wise with Part A amounting to 1,684 crore rupees approved under Prime Minister’s Development Package and the Part B for which source of funding is to be identified.
- The project has been formulated to achieve short-term goal of mitigating the flood threat at Sangam in Anantnag district.
|Jammu and Kashmir Capital||Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)|
|Jammu and KashmirChief Minister||Governor Rule|
|Jammu and KashmirGovernor||Satya Pal Malik|
Assam Transport Minister launches State Transport Corporation’s Chalo app
- Assam Transport Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary launched the State Transport Corporation’s Chalo app for Guwahati.
- The app will help commuters to know about the live arrival time of their bus so they can plan their travel accordingly.
- People can also track the live GPS position of their bus on a map. It will also ensure safe travel with features such as Emergency SOS.
- The project includes the introduction of electronic ticketing in State Transport buses with the latest generation of cutting-edge Electronic Ticket Issuing Machines which can accept all modes of payment, including cards, mobile payments, QR code payments and other forms of digital payments.
India’s first Dinosaur Museum and Fossil Park opens in Gujarat
- A Dinosaur Museum and Fossil Park has opened in Gujarat’s Mahisagar district’s Raiyoli village, the first such facility in our country and third in the world.
- Spread across 72 acres, the park showcases fossilised remains of dinosaurs in the natural form.
- The museum has 10 galleries showcasing the Earth’s inception, world dinosaurs, Indian dinosaurs and it also screens 3D movies.
|Gujarat Chief Minister||Vijay Rupani|
|Gujarat Governor||Om PrakashKohli|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
FIFA Rankings: India remains at 101, Belgium on top
- India remains unmoved at 101 position, after FIFA, the apex body of football, released the latest team rankings.
- India was not able to improve their rank as they remained at the same spot and their points too were unchanged from the previous standings of 1219 points.
- Interestingly, the top four teams were unmoved, FIFA World Cup 2018 winner France stayed in the second position.
- While Brazil and England were also able to hold there third and fourth position respectively.
NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- The Toronto Raptors beat defending champions the Golden State Warriors 114-110 to win their first NBA title.
- Kawhi Leonard was named the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player, averaging 28.5 points, as the Raptors won the best-of-seven series 4-2.