Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government gets Rs. 10,000 crore from additional offering of Bharat-22 ETF
- The government has raised Rs. 10,000 crore by additional offering of Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF)
- With the successful Bharat-22 ETF offering, the government has mopped up approximately Rs. 46,000 crore by way of disinvestment.
- The government has so far raised Rs. 22,900 crore through the Bharat-22 ETF. While Rs. 14,500 crore was raised in November 2017, another Rs. 8,400 crore was raised in June 2018
- Bharat-22 is an Exchange Traded Fund ( ETF) which will closely track the performance of Bharat-22 index
- Bharat- 22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) launched by the Union Finance Ministry and managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
India’s first district cooling system to be built in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
- UAE-based international cooling provider (Tabreed) has entered into a 30-year concession with Andhra Pradesh government to build, India’s first district cooling system in the state’s new capital Amaravati
- The agreement is for a contracted cooling capacity of 20,000 refrigeration tonnes
- This will be the Tabreed’s first plant outside its Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) market
|Andhra Pradesh Capital||Hyderabad, Amaravathi|
|Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister||Chandrababu Naidu|
|Andhra Pradesh Governor||ESL Narashiman|
NGT imposed Rs. 100 crore fine on Tamil Nadu government
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has slapped a whopping Rs. 100 crore on Tamil Nadu government for its failure to prevent pollution of the Adyar and Cooum rivers and the Buckingham Canal.
- The Bench comprising the Chairman Adarsh Kumar Goel, Judicial member Justice K. Ramakrishnan and expert member Nagin Nanda directed the constitution of a joint committee comprising of representatives of CPCB, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Madras School of Economics, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute and the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board to assess the causes and quantum of damage to the environment as well as further steps required for restoration of environment
|Tamil Nadu Capital||Chennai|
|Tamil Nadu Chief Minister||E. Palanisamy|
|Tamil Nadu Governor||Banwarilal Purohit|
|NGT Chairman||Adarsh Kumar Goel|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI lifts cap on FPI investments in corporation bonds
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) lifted the 20% limit on investments by foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) in corporate bonds of an entity with a view to encouraging more foreign investments
- In April 2018, RBI was stipulated that FPI should not have an exposure of more than 20% of its corporate bond portfolio to a single corporate
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
RBI Deputy Governor
|BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Abdul Aziz Muhamat wins international human rights award
- Abdul Aziz Muhamat, a Sudanese refugee who has been on Manus Island in Papua New Guinea (PNG), for more than five years, was named the 2019 Martin Ennals Award Laureate at a ceremony in Geneva for exposing “the very cruel refugee policy” of Australia’s government.
- This is the first time that the major prize has been awarded to an individual focused on refugee issues
- The Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, sometimes called “the Nobel Prize for human rights”, it was created in 1993
- The Award is an annual prize for human rights advocates given by a jury of 10 of the world’s leading human rights NGOs
Sunil Chhetri was conferred the first-ever ‘Football Ratna’ award
- India and Bengaluru FC skipper Sunil Chhetri was conferred the first ever Football Ratna honour by Football Delhi, state association governing the sport in Delhi
- Shaji Prabhakaran, President, Delhi Football presented the honour a function at the majestic Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Sunil Chhetri popularly known as Captain Fantastic. He has scored 2nd highest number of goals in international matches among active players after Cristiano Ronaldo.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS
Dinesh Shahra’s book ‘Simplicity & Wisdom’ launched
- Famous Industrialist and Philanthropist Dinesh Shahra’s book, ‘Simplicity & Wisdom’ was launched by the Governor of West Bengal- Keshari Nath Tripathi at Parmarth Ashram in Kumbh
- The book is dedicated to late eminent Vedanti Swami Pragananandji.
- This book is aimed at offering saintly wisdom and guidance to lead a content and happy life.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APPLICATION
Infosys launched learning app ‘InfyTQ’ for engineering students
- Infosys the country’s 2nd largest IT firm has launched its next-generation digital platform called ‘InfyTQ’ that aims to offer learning and engagement experiences for engineering students
- InfyTQ is a free platform open to all engineering students in their third and fourth year across India
- This platform available on both mobile and desktop includes content, courses, and news as well as online assessments and certification.
|Infosys CEO||Salil Parekh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Hina Jaiswal becomes IAF’s First Woman Flight Engineer
- Hina Jaiswal from Chandigarh, became the first Indian Woman Flight Engineer of the Indian Air Force
- Hina was commissioned in the Indian Air Force’s engineering branch in 2015,
- She completed a six-month Flight Engineer course from 112 helicopter unit, Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru
- A flight engineer is the member of an aircraft’s flight crew who monitors and operates its complex aircraft systems requiring a specialised skill set
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Ranji champion Vidarbha beat Rest of India to retain Irani Cup
- Ranji champions Vidarbha beat Rest of India at the Jamtha Stadium in Nagpur to retain the Irani Cup
- Vidarbha has now become the third team after Mumbai and Karnataka to clinch two Irani Cup titles in a row
- Vidarbha captain – Faiz Fazal
Elise Mertens beats Simona Halep to win the Qatar Open
- Elise Mertens defeated Simona Halep 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 in the Qatar Open final and won the biggest title of her career
- This is her first-ever WTA Premier-level crown, and the fifth title of her career overall
- Elise Mertens — Belgium — world number 21
- Simona Halep – Romania — world number 3
83rd Senior Badminton Nationals:
Saina wins Women’s singles Title, Sourabh Verma bags Men’s singles Title
- Saina Nehwal beats PV Sindhu in the women’s final of the 83rd Yonex Sunrise Senior Badminton National Championship, claiming her second successive and fourth overall (2006, 2007, 2018, 2019) Nationals title, in Guwahati
- In men’s single, Sourabh Verma completed a hat-trick of titles, claiming the men’s singles crown after defeating young Lakshya Sen in straight games of 21-18, 21-13.
- The singles winners were awarded prize money of Rs. 3.25 lakhs while the runners-up got Rs. 7 lakhs.
- Each of the singles semi-finalists and the quarter-finalists got richer by Rs. 62500 and Rs. 27500 respectively.
Chris Gayle announced retirement from One-day Internationals
- West Indian batsman Chris Gayle has announced retirement from One-day Internationals after the ICC World Cup 2019
- The 39-year old left-hander has scored 9,727 ODI runs, second only to the legendary Brian Lara among West Indians in 284 matches.
- He needs 677 more runs to surpass Lara as the West Indies’ all-time record ODI run scorer
- The World Cup will be held in England and Wales from 30th May to 14th July 2019
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
British author Andrea Levy passed away
- Bestselling British author Andrea Levy has passed away
- She was known for her books ‘The Long Song’ and ‘Small Island’.
- ‘Small Island’ won the Whitbread prize, the Orange Prize for Fiction and the Commonwealth Writers’ prize.
- Levy’s last novel, ‘The Long Song,’ was published in 2010 and was shortlisted for the Man Booker prize.
Swiss actor Bruno Ganz passed away
- Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who portrayed Adolf Hitler in Oscar-nominated film “Downfall” has passed away
- Ganz had been active in German language theatre, film and television for more than 50 years
- He was the holder of the Iffland-Ring the most important award for German-speaking actors
Former Afghan interim President Mojaddedi passed away
- Former Afghan interim president and ex-Jihadi leader Sibghatullah Mojaddedi has passed away
- He fought the Soviets and rose to become the country’s interim President after the collapse of the Afghan communist regime in 1992,
- Mojaddedi’s death comes three days before the 30th anniversary of the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan
/ 5. Reviews