Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DAYS
Ordnance Factories Day
- Ordnance Factories Day is observed every year on March 18th all over India.
- On this occasion, the Ordnance Factory, Field Gun Factory, Small Arms Factory, Ordnance Parachute Factory, and Ordnance Equipment Factory acknowledge the day.
- The production of India’s oldest Ordnance Factory, which is at Cossipore of Kolkata, was started in18th of March, 1802
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Financial benefit under PM- Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana released to 8,69,79,391 beneficiaries: Agriculture Minister
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar informed the Lok Sabha that financial benefit under the PM- Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana has been released to 8 Crore 69 lakh 79 thousand 391 beneficiaries in the country.
- The Minister also informed that under PM-KISAN Scheme, funds are not released State-wise but transferred directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries identified by the State Governments.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India. The Scheme is effective from 12.2018.
- Under the Scheme an income support of 6000/- per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- each every four months
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World Bank increases COVID-19 response funding to 14 bln USD
- World Bank has announced 14 billion US Dollars to assist companies and countries in their efforts to respond to the rapid spread of COVID-19. It has added 2 billion dollars to the initial package.
- The announcement came amid fear of a major global recession in the wake of the coronavirus that has impacted more than 120 countries. The package will strengthen national systems for public health preparedness, including for disease containment, diagnosis and treatment, and support the private sector.
- World Bank President David Malpass stated, it is essential that we shorten the time to recovery. He added that the World Bank is committed to a fast and flexible response based on the needs of developing countries.
About World Bank:
- Head quarters: Washington, D.C., U.S
- President :David Malpass
- MD and CFO : Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist : Penny Goldberg
US Africa Command cancels annual military exercise African Lion
- The annual African Lion military exercise became the latest casualty of the global novel coronavirus pandemic with this year’s event being canceled.
- The US Africa Command (AFRICOM) stated , the decision to cancel the exercise was made based on international travel restrictions associated with the novel coronavirus and to minimize the risk of exposure to US and partner nation service members.
- African Lion had been scheduled to take place from March 23 to April 4 in Morocco, Tunisia and Senegal, with nearly 4,000 US service members and about 5,000 troops from Morocco
About US Africa command:
- The United States Africa Command, is one of the eleven unified combatant commands of the United States Armed Forces, headquartered at Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany. It is responsible for U.S. military operations, including fighting regional conflicts and maintaining military relations with 53 African nations
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
S&P lowers India’s growth forecast to 5.2 per cent
- S&P Global Ratings lowered India’s economic growth forecast to 5.2 per cent for 2020, saying the global economy is entering a recession amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- The agency had earlier projected a growth rate of 5.7 per cent during the 2020 calendar.
- Asia-Pacific economic growth in 2020 will more than halve to less than 3 per cent as the “global economy enters a recession”, S&P stated in a statement.
- By recession, S&P meant at least two quarters of well below-trend growth sufficient to trigger rising unemployment.
- The countries most vulnerable to capital outflows remain India, Indonesia, and the Philippines, he added.
- We lower our forecasts for China, India, and Japan for 2020 to 2.9 per cent, 5.2 per cent and -1.2 pre cent (from 4.8 per cent, 5.7 per cent, and -0.4 per cent previously), S&P stated in the statement
About Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (S&P) :
- Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC is an American financial services company. It is a division of S&P Global that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities
- Headquarters: New York, United States
RBI to regulate activities of payment aggregators
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) stated it will regulate in entirety the activities of payment aggregators (PAs) and provide baseline technology-related recommendations to payment gateways (PGs) in view of the important functions of these intermediaries in the online payments space as also their role vis-à-vis handling funds.
- PAs are entities that facilitate e-commerce sites and merchants to accept various payment instruments from customers for completion of their payment obligations without the need for merchants to create a separate payment integration system of their own.
- PGs are entities that provide technology infrastructure to route and facilitate processing of an online payment transaction without any involvement in handling of funds.
- As per RBI guidelines on Regulation of Payment Aggregators and Payment Gateways, non-bank PAs shall require authorisation from RBI under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSSA).
- Banks provide PA services as part of their normal banking relationship and do not therefore require a separate authorisation from RBI.
- A PA should be a company incorporated in India under the Companies Act, 1956 / 2013.
- Existing non-bank entities offering PA services are required to apply for authorisation on or before June 30, 2021. They shall be allowed to continue their operations till they receive communication from RBI regarding the fate of their application.
- Commercial marketplaces providing PA services shall not continue this activity beyond the deadline prescribed above. If they desire to pursue this activity, it should be separated from the marketplace business and they should apply for authorization on or before June 30, 2021.
- PGs will be considered as ‘technology providers’ or ‘outsourcing partners’ of banks or non-banks, as the case may be.
- Existing PAs have to achieve a net worth of Rs.15 crore by March 31, 2021 and a net worth of Rs.25 crore on or before March 31, 2023. The net worth of Rs. 25 crore has to be maintained at all times thereafter.
- New PAs should have a minimum net worth of Rs.15 crore at the time of application for authorisation and have to attain a net worth of Rs.25 crore by the end of the third financial year of the grant of authorisation. The net worth of Rs.25 crore has to be maintained at all times thereafter
Recent news related to RBI:
- Minister of Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar announced that more than 17 lakh Self Help Groups (SHGs) are to be developed by
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed a month-long moratorium. Also, the Apex Bank has imposed withdrawal restrictions of Rs 50,000 to the customers.
- The board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to sync the Financial year of the bank with the Fiscal Year. The Fiscal Year begins in April and ends in March and the Financial year is between July and June
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad is to set up a research centre in data science. The centre being set up at Kanjikode aims at providing a platform of research for artificial intelligence and Data Science
DBS Bank, Bharti AXA join hands for insurance plan covering coronavirus
- DBS Bank India stated it has tied-up with Bharti AXA to roll out a complimentary insurance plan covering all medical conditions, including COVID-19. The plan would cover all medical conditions, including COVID-19, and up to 10 days of hospitalisation, with a cover of Rs 5,000 per day, for a 30-day period.
- Additionally, all DBS customers can purchase health insurance products that are currently offered on the digibank app through their general insurance partners. The bank is conducting periodic meetings with its insurance partners to ensure seamless and end-to-end online access to these facilities and improvisation to the products, it stated.
- This includes guarantee of payments for hassle-free hospitalization and arrangement of emergency medical evacuation for NRIs with dependents in the country. It is also offering an Emergency Global Medical Assist Program that provides 24×7 access to medical support
About DBS bank:
- CEO: Piyush Gupta
- Headquarters: Singapore
About bharti AXA life insurance:
- CEO: Sanjeev Srinivasan
- Headquarters location: Mumbai
Indian Bank board approves share swap for Allahabad Bank merger
- Indian Bank will issue 115 shares for every 1,000 shares of Allahabad Bank for merging the latter with itself.
- In a separate filing, Union Bank stated it has set March 23, 2020, as the record date for issuing and allotting equity shares of Union Bank of India to the shareholders of Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank.
- In the biggest consolidation exercise in the banking space, the government in August 2019 had announced four mega mergers of public sector banks, bringing down their total number to 12 from 27 in 2017, a move aimed at making state-owned lenders global sized banks.
- As per this plan, United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce will be merged with Punjab National Bank; Syndicate Bank will be merged with Canara Bank; Allahabad Bank will be amalgamated with Indian Bank; and Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will be consolidated with Union Bank of India.
- Last year, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank were merged with Bank of Baroda. Prior to this, the government had merged five associate banks of SBI and Bharatiya Mahila Bank with the State Bank of India
About Indian bank:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- CEO: Padmaja Chunduru
- Tagline :Your Own Bank
About Allahabad bank :
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- Tagline :tradition of trust
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATES
Haryana’s Amin village is now Abhimanyupur
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has given its approval to a proposal of the Haryana Government to rename Amin village in Kurukshetra district to
- The MHA gives its approval to the change of name of any place after taking no-objections from the Ministry of Railways, Department of Posts and Survey of India.
- These organisations have to confirm that there is no such city, town or village in their records with a name similar to the proposed one.
- The exercise of changing the name of a village or town or a city could be done through an executive order, while adding that in case of renaming a state, the government would require an amendment in the Constitution with a simple majority in Parliament.
Recent Renamed News
- Mumbai Central station to be renamed as Nana Shankarseth Mumbai Central railway station.
- PM Modi renamed Kolkata Port Trust after Bharatiya Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
- NationalInstitute of Financial Management, Faridabad, Haryana to be renamed as Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management.
- Ambala city bus stand renamed after late Sushma Swaraj.
- Government of India renamed Foreign Service Institute of Indiaafter her as Sushma Swaraj Foreign Service Institute of India. In 2020, Government of India renamed Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra after her as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan.
- The Adityanath government has changed the name Allahabad to Prayagraj and Faizabad to Ayodhya. It has also renamed Mughalsarai railway station after Deen Dayal Upadhyay.(1 year ago)
- Allahabad Junction will now be Prayagraj Junction, Allahabad City will now be known as Prayagraj Rambag, Allahabad Chhioki has been changed to Prayagraj Chheoki and the name of Prayagghat has been changed to Prayagraj Sangam
- Capital– Chandigarh.
- Chief Minister (CM)– Manohar Lal Khattar.
- Governor– Satyadev Narayan Arya
Odisha cancels annual Chaitra Jatra festival
- The famous annual Chaitra Jatra festival scheduled to be held at Odisha’s Tara Tarini hill shrine was cancelled as a precautionary measure against COVID-19 infection.
- According to Tara Tarini Development Board (TTDB), more than 1.5 lakh visitors were to arrive for the festival. Of these, around 50,000 were expected to reach the hill top to offer prayers to the deity, while the rest would have enjoyed the festival at the foothill.
- The administration withdrew all public services that were to be provided for the jatra. It has been decided to not allow any congregation at the foothill.
- No mass feast will also be allowed. Purishottampur Block Development Officer (BDO) and tehsildar have been instructed to monitor the same.
- Tara Tarini hill shrine, located at Kumari hill on banks of the Rushikulya river, is a major centre of Shakti worship in Odisha.
- Indian Navy’s sailboat INSV Tarini was named after Tara Tarini hill shrine. The first Indian all-woman crew had circumnavigated the globe in INSV Tarini
Festivals in Odisha
- Kalinga Mahotsav
- Chandan Yatra
- Konark Dance Festival
- Rath Yatra
- Chhau Festival
- Dhanu jatra
GMR Hyderabad International Airport goes Single-Use Plastic-free
- MR Hyderabad International Airport has declared itself as a Single-Use Plastic (SUP)-free airport from March 1, 2020, and zero tolerance on use of such material has been imposed across the airport.
- This includes all concessionaires and service providers operating at the airport. This initiative is in line with the government’s campaign to phase out SUP by
- The airport had been steadily phasing out the use of non-recyclable plastic over the past few years. And in the final phase, the ‘Single-Use Plastic Free Airport’ campaign was initiated in February 2020, during which the airport stakeholders, like the food & beverage (F&B) outlets, fully switched over to sustainable eco-friendly alternatives like corn starch plates, wooden spoons and forks, while retailers started using only biodegradable boxes and covers to reduce the airport’s plastic footprint.
- Hyderabad International Airport has also been encouraging eco-friendly products like jute bags through its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm GMR Varalakshmi Foundation (GMRVF)
Some important Airports in India:
- Indira Gandhi International Airportof New Delhi.
- Chattrapati Shivaji International Airportof Mumbai.
- Begumpet Airportof Hyderabad.
- Chennai International Airport.
- Cochin International AirportLimited, Kerala
- Calicut International Airport, Kerala
Dehradun Railway Station introduces signage in Braille
- Dehradun Railway Station has become friendly for visually challenged persons with the introduction of signages and maps in Braille.
- Arun Prakash, Divisional Railway Manager stated, Dehradun Railway Station has been made friendly for the visually challenged. The CSR funds of a private company funded this project. Everywhere instructions have been put up in Braille so that the visually challenged persons can understand.
- The Railway department along with an NGO, Anuprayas, took the initiative. Now visually challenged people can easily reach the inquiry desk, refreshment room and other places at the station due to the instructions that have been put up in Braille, he added
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Microsoft India, NASSCOM Foundation Launch Initiative To Empower People With Disabilities
- Microsoft India and NASSCOM Foundation launched the Innovate for Accessible India campaign aimed at empowering people with disabilities with the technology and tools required for better integration into society and access to equal opportunities.
- The campaign will be an aggregator of workable technology solutions developed using Microsoft cloud, artificial intelligence and other technologies that address gaps faced by people with disabilities, especially in acquiring services and support in education, skill building, employment, mobility, rehabilitation and other government services.
- The campaign will invite applications from students, citizens and social impact organisations to build customized solutions that address challenges faced by people with disabilities across the 21 officially recognize disabilities.
- The 10 best solutions that address key challenges faced by people with disabilities will be provided mentoring support by Microsoft and NASSCOM Foundation, along with grants to develop and scale their solution.
- The winning innovations stand to win a grant of Rs 10 lakh each in the established projects category (pilot testing with a group of more than 25 beneficiaries) and a grant of Rs 5 lakh each in the early stage category (working prototype tested by less than 25 people).
- The campaign is in partnership with Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Department of Science and Technology, and National Research and Education Network.
About Microsoft India Private Limited
- Headquarters– Hyderabad,Telangana
- President– Anant Maheshwari
About NASSCOM Foundation
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- CEO– Ashok Pamidi
India to seek $70 million from World Bank for waterway connectivity grid in East
- The World Bank may provide a grant to develop India’s under-utilised network of rivers and canals as an alternative mode of transport.
- The Shipping Ministry has stated it will seek a technical assistance grant of $70 million from the World Bank to build a transport connectivity grid linking waterways in the eastern region with its South Asian neighbours.
- The Eastern Waterways Connectivity Transport Grid (EWaCTG) project aims to provide seamless connectivity between National Waterway-1 (NW-1) and NW-2 through the Indo-Bangladesh Protocol (IBP) routes, and develop an economic corridor of 4,200 km of waterways and coastal shipping for Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and the North-Eastern States. The aim is to pave the way for the regional integration of five countries — India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Myanmar — in the South Asian region, a Shipping Ministry official stated.
- EWaCTG seeking technical assistance of $70 million from the World Bank was appraised and recommended for approval by the screening committee of the Department of Economic Affairs during a meeting on February 18
- Developing a water grid was one of the Budget announcements of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in 2019
About World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., U.S
- President :David Malpass
- MD and CFO : Anshula Kant
- Chief Economist : Penny Goldberg
Crypto exchange Binance, WazirX set up USD 50 million Indian blockchain fund
- After the Supreme Court lifted ban on financial institutions to trade in digital currencies, global cryptocurrency exchange, Binance announced a $50 million blockchain fund for India along with WazirX, a homegrown crypto start-up, which it acquired last year.
- Binance’s investments in the blockchain ecosystem come at a time when the world’s largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin saw a sudden dip below $5,000 as markets across the world crashed amid Coronavirus scare.
- The global digital trading exchange stated the fund created will help in pushing the growth of blockchain ecosystem by funding start-ups. The investments will include, but not limited to, fiat-to-digital assets gateway solutions, trading platforms, payment, and remittance solutions, digital asset wallets, stable coins, DeFi platforms, decentralised applications etc., Binance stated.
- The investments in the form of equity and tokens will range from $100,000 to $5 million. Binance and WazirX will partner with venture funds in India investing in blockchain technology. It also aims to leverage the growing interest of Millenials in the digital currency and provide mentorship to universities and student organisations by setting incubators
- A cryptocurrency is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses strong cryptography to secure financial transactions, control the creation of additional units, and verify the transfer of assets
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Ravinder Singh Dhillon appointed PFC CMD
- Ravinder Singh Dhillon, was appointed as a Chairman and Managing Director ofPower Finance Corporation (PFC).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Dhillon, posted as Director (Projects), has been cleared for appointment as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) in PFC with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post on or after June 1 till the date of his superannuation on May 31, 2023
About Power Finance Corporation
- Headquarters-New Delhi
- Established – 1986
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
App developed to track Covid-19 cases district-wise
- The students of Mahindra Ecole Centrale College of Engineering, promoted by Tech Mahindra, have developed a district-wise tracking app to help locate COVID-19 cases in the country. This will help people avoid the virus-prone areas or take precautionary measures.
- Besides, it will also help policy makers and authorities to pool in resources to address the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
- The tracker, available at https://covindia.netlify.com, collates information and links it with their geographical location.
- The data for the tracker is obtained from credible and reliable sources such as the Ministry of Health and other reputed news organisations. A team of students will track and pull out data and feed it to the app, an executive of Mahindra Ecole Centrale College of Engineering stated.
- Tech Mahindra set up this college in Hyderabad in 2014 in association with the French institute Ecole Centrale Paris
IHBT scientists develop new hand-sanitizer
- The demand for products such as sanitizer is increasing amidst reports of preventive measures against coronavirus and many counterfeit materials being sold in the market. In view of this, a new hand-sanitizer has been developed by the scientists of CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT) based in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh.
- Sanjay Kumar, Director of IHBT stated that The natural flavours, active tea constituents and alcohol content in this hand-sanitizer have been used as per the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO). One of the special things is that chemicals like parabens, triclosan, synthetic fragrance and phthalates have not been used in this product.
- The technology has been transferred to Palampur based company M/s A.B. Scientific Solutions for the commercial production of this newly developed hand-sanitizer. An agreement has been signed between CSIR-Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (CSIR-IHBT) and the company.
- The company, which has a strong nationwide marketing network of its own, will be establishing a facility in Palampur for the commercial production of hand-sanitizer. The company will also market these hand-sanitizers and other disinfectants in all major cities across the country
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Founded: 7 April 1948
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
UEFA puts all competitions ‘on hold’, Euro 2020 postponed
- Champions League and Europa League matches are also halted
- UEFA has put all club and national team competitions for men and women “on hold until further notice”, European football’s governing body stated in a statement, after deciding to postpone Euro 2020 for a year due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The decision puts a halt to the current Champions League and Europa League matches, with global sport being brought to a virtual standstill by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The play-offs for Euro 2020, which were scheduled for the end of March, will now be played at the start of June “subject to a review of the situation,” stated the body.
- UEFA stated it has set up a “working group” involving leagues and club representatives to examine the overall calendar situation facing the game with the bulk of the continent’s domestic championships having stopped play.
- Among the major unresolved issues facing UEFA is how to finish the current European club competitions, including the Champions League which is currently in its last 16 phase
- The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football, futsal and beach soccer in Europe, although several member states are primarily or entirely located in Asia. It is one of six continental confederations of world football’s governing body FIFA.
- President: Aleksander Čeferin
- General secretary: Theodore Theodoridis
- Headquarters: Nyon, Switzerland
Sachin Tendulkar joins WHO’s Safe Hands Challenge amid coronavirus pandemic
- Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar joined WHO’s #SafeHandsChallenge to promote the importance of washing hands amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- In a video shared by the Master Blaster, Tendulkar is seen washing his hands thoroughly and also talking about the importance of washing hands with soap.
- In an attempt to spread the importance of hygiene amid the coronavirus pandemic, star Indian athlete Hima Das also took up the #SafeHands challenge and urged the likes of Tendulkar, C. Mary Kom, Sania Mirza and Rani Rampal to take it forward.
- Earlier, ace Indian shuttler V. Sindhu had also taken up the challenge and had posted a video on Twitter in which she was seen washing her hands with soap for almost 30 seconds.
- The World Health Organisation, which has declared coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, has been continuously asking people to wash their hands with soap regularly to avoid infection
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARY
Noted Marathi Actor Jairam Kulkarni Passes Away Aged 88
- Noted Marathi actor Jairam Kulkarni passed away due to old-age related ailments, he was 88.
- His last movie Khel Aayushyacha was released recently.
- Kulkarni had acted in more than 150 films, including Chal Re Laxya Mumbaila, Ashi Hi Banwabanwi, Thartharat, Rangat Sangat to name a few
Imtiaz Khan, Actor and Brother of Amjad Khan, Passes Away
- Bollywood actor and theatre personality, Imtiaz Khan has passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 77. Apart from his wife TV actress Krutika Desai, the late actor and director is also survived by his daughter Ayesha Khan.
- Imtiaz, who acted in 80-odd Hindi films, mostly in negative roles, from 1970s and 1990s, was a trained actor who had made a mark in theatre long before he was drawn to movies. Imtiaz is also the brother of late actor Amjad Khan and son of veteran actor Jayant
DAILY CA 17TH MAR
- SC grants permanent commission to women in Indian Navy
- Prez Kovind nominates former CJI Ranjan Gogoi to Rajya Sabha
- HRD Minister says govt providing support to States and UTs through Samagra Shiksha Yojana
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates ROPAX Service from Bhaucha Dhakka to Mandwa in Maharashtra
- Bangladesh celebrates birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- India to provide 107.01 million Nepali Rupees for three new school buildings in Nepal
- US Federal Reserve slashes key interest rate to almost zero in wake of economic impact of COVID-19
- RBI Governor Shakitikanta Das says, swift action has been taken for restructuring of Yes Bank
- Centre to borrow Rs 51,000 crore more from RBI in March 2020
- Manikaran Power becomes first member of India’s gas trading platform
- Moody’s lowers India’s GDP growth forecast to 5.3 per cent in 2020
- Oil India signs crude sales agreement with Numaligarh Refinery
- India’s first flying car factory to come up in Gujarat
- West Bengal to have Rs 200 crore fund to tackle coronavirus, says Mamata Banerjee
- Maharashtra to stamp people in home quarantine
- R K Singh Launched New Website of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Awards for reporting on road safety
- Flipkart partners with Aegon to sell quick-access life insurance policies
- ‘An Extraordinary Life’: Book on the late Goa CM Manohar Parrikar to hit the shelves in April
- Microsoft launches interactive map to provide COVID-19 global updates
- Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying clinches her third women’s singles title of All England Championships
- Veteran journalist Patil Puttappa dies at 99
- Puthussery Ramachandran passes away
DAILY CA 18TH MAR
- Ordnance Factories Day–18th March
- Financial benefit under PM- Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana released to 8,69,79,391 beneficiaries: Agriculture Minister
- World Bank increases COVID-19 response funding to 14 bln USD
- US Africa Command cancels annual military exercise African Lion
- S&P lowers India’s growth forecast to 2 per cent
- RBI to regulate activities of payment aggregators
- DBS Bank, Bharti AXA join hands for insurance plan covering coronavirus
- Indian Bank board approves share swap for Allahabad Bank merger
- Haryana’s Amin village is now Abhimanyupur
- Odisha cancels annual Chaitra Jatra festival
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport goes Single-Use Plastic-free
- Dehradun Railway Station introduces signage in Braille
- Microsoft India, NASSCOM Foundation Launch Initiative To Empower People With Disabilities
- India to seek $70 million from World Bank for waterway connectivity grid in East
- Crypto exchange Binance, WazirX set up USD 50 million Indian blockchain fund
- Ravinder Singh Dhillon appointed PFC CMD
- App developed to track Covid-19 cases district-wise
- IHBT scientists develop new hand-sanitizer
- UEFA puts all competitions ‘on hold’, Euro 2020 postponed
- Sachin Tendulkar joins WHO’s Safe Hands Challenge amid coronavirus pandemic
- Noted Marathi Actor Jairam Kulkarni Passes Away Aged 88
- Imtiaz Khan, Actor and Brother of Amjad Khan, Passes Away