Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Union Minister Rathore inaugurated Passport Service Centre at Kotputli, Rajasthan
- Union Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore inaugurated a Passport Service Centre at Kotputli in Rajasthan
- This center would provide a number of services to the local people at their home
- He also inaugurated a solar plant at a school in Kotputli, Rajasthan.
- Solar power generated by this plant would fulfill the energy requirements of the school…and people residing in the area will also be benefitted by the power generated by this plant
|Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports,Information & Broadcasting (I\C)||Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore|
|Constituency||Andhra Pradesh, Rajya Sabha|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Italy, UN, launch Africa Centre for Climate and Sustainable Development
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has opened a new centre, set up by the government in partnership with the UN to fight climate change and boost sustainable development in Africa
- The new centre is located near the headquarters of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Rome
- It will help develop and scaleup innovative solutions for sustainable development, implement the goals of the UN’s 2030 Agenda and the landmark 2015 Paris Climate Agreement to end reliance on fossil fuels and cap global warming.
|Food and Agriculture Organisation Headquarters||Rome|
|Food and Agriculture Organisation Director General||Jose Graziano da Silva|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Reserve Bank of India lifts lending curbs on three public sector banks
- RBI lifted lending curbs on three public sector banks (PSBs),Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra and Oriental Bank of Commerce to exit the PCA framework following capital infusion by the government and a decline in net non-performing asset ratio.
- Eight public sector banks -Allahabad Bank, United Bank of India, Corporation Bank, IDBI Bank, UCO Bank, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank and Dena Bank still remain under PCA framework, which imposes lending restrictions and prevents them from expanding
- Last month, the government announced infusion of Rs. 28,615 crore into seven public sector banks (PSBs) through recapitalisation bonds. Out of the seven state owned banks, Bank of India got the highest amount of Rs 10,086 crore, followed by Oriental Bank of Commerce Rs 5,500 crore and Bank of Maharashtra (Rs 4,498 crore).
- PSBs have also made a record recovery of Rs 60,726 crore in the first half of the current financial year
|RBI Governor||Shaktikant Das|
RBI Deputy Governor
|BP Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, Viral Acharya and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank launched Ujjivan Bank Kisan Suvidha loan for small and marginal farmers
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB) launched Ujjivan Bank Kisan Suvidha loan to offer financial credit services to small and marginal farmers.
- The product provides collateral free loans to individuals with amount ranging from Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 2 lakh. With this Ujjivan becomes the first bank to offer loans for agriculture and allied activities such as dairy purchase and maintenance, post-harvest transportation, farm implements purchase, fishery, sheep rearing, sericulture, floriculture etc.
- The product is launched in Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Karnataka and Odisha
|Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Headquarters||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Ujjivan Small Finance Bank MD & CEO||Samit Ghosh|
Government revised GDP growth from 6.7 to 7.2 per cent
- The government revised its forecast for GDP growth for 2017-18 to 7.2% from the earlier estimate of 6.7%.
- It also revised the actual growth rate in 2016-17 to 8.2% from the 7.1% estimated earlier
- The revisions were made by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation in its First Revised Estimates of National Income, Consumption Expenditure, Saving and Capital Formation for 2017-18
- The government has also estimates GDP growth to be at 7.2 per cent for the current financial year
|Minister of Statistics and Programme Implementation||D. V. Sadananda Gowda|
|Constituency||Bangalore North, Karnataka|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Paytm Acquired Noida-Based NightStay
- Indian payments conglomerate Paytm Acquired hotel booking platform Nightstay, launching the domestic hotel bookings on its platform for an undisclosed amount
- The digital payments brand owned by One97 Communications is set to invest Rs. 500 crores to scale up its operations and expand the hotel-booking portfolio
- In the first phase of hotels launch, the company has partnered with over 5,000 hotels across the budget, luxury and business segments
- NightStay co-founder and CEO Nasr Khan will be leading the newly launched hotel-booking category at Paytm
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Paytm CEO||Renu Satti|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
LT Gen Rajeev Chopra takes over as DG NCC
- Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra assumed the appointment of Director General of NCC (DGNCC)
- Lt Gen Chopra is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra has commanded an infantry battalion in Operation Rhino (Assam). He has commanded a Brigade in Eastern Command and was Inspector General of HQ IGAR (South) in the insurgency-torn state of Manipur. He is the Colonel of The Madras Regiment since Jun 2016
- He has been awarded AtiVishisht Seva Medal for his distinguished service in Jan 2018
Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P took charge as flag officer commanding-in-chief Western Naval Command
- Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command at Mumbai. He succeeds Vice Admiral GirishLuthra who retires upon superannuation, after an career spanning nearly four decades in the Indian Navy.
- Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P. was commissioned in the Indian Navy in July 1981
- He has the rare distinction of commanding six warships, including two foreign warships. These include guided missile corvette INS Kulish, guided missile frigate INS Talwar, guided missile destroyers INS Mumbai and INS Mysore.
- In recognition of his service, he has been awarded the Vishisht Seva Medal in 2006, the AtiVishisht Seva Medal in 2014 and Param Vishist Seva Medal in 2019 by the President of India.
|Western Naval Command Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Western Naval Command Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief||Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar P|
Ajai Kumar named as interim MD-CEO of Yes Bank
- Yes Bank announced the appointment of Ajai Kumar as interim MD-CEO of the bank for one monthor till Ravneet Gill assumes office as MD-CEO, whichever is earlier
- Incumbent MD-CEO Rana Kapoor will demit office on Thursday, January 31, 2019, upon completion of his term
|YES Bank Headquarters||Mumbai|
|YES Bank CEO||Ajai Kumar (Inerim)|
|YES Bank Tagline||Experience our Expertise|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
13th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition ‘PETROTECH-2019’ to be organised from 10th to 12th February, 2019
- PETROTECH-2019, the 13th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition, being organised under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India, is all set to be inaugurated on February 10, 2019
- Over 95 Energy Ministers from partner countries have been invited by the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas to participate in the Conference
- The three day mega event will showcase the recent market and investor friendly developments that have taken place in the India’s oil and gas sector
- Along with the Conference, the event will have a concurrent Exhibition spread over 20,000 square meters at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida
|Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship||Dharmendra Pradhan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
DAC approved indigenous construction of 6 submarines worth Rs. 40,000 crore
- The Defence Acquisitions Council, DAC chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman approved indigenous construction of six submarines worth 40,000 crore rupees
- It is the second project under the Ministry’s ambitious strategic partnership model aiming to boost the government’s Make in India’ program.
- The first project to get the government’s nod for implementation under the new model was the acquisition of 111 utility helicopters for the Navy at a cost of over 21,000 crore rupees in August last year
- Defence Acquisitions Council has also approved the acquisition of about five thousand MILAN Anti Tank Guided Missiles for the Army
|Minister of Defence||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|Constituency||Karnataka, Rajya Sabha|
Israel Aerospace Industries announced agreement worth $93 million with Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard
- Israel Aerospace Industries announced entering into agreements worth $93 million for providing Naval MRSAM (Medium Range Surface to Air Missile) systems to India
- The contracts for the air defence system were entered with the Indian Navy and the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL)
- They involve follow up orders for a range of maintenance and other services for various sub-systems of IAI’s advanced MSRAM ADS
ISRO set to launch GSAT-31 from French Guiana
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has planned to launch the GSAT-31 communication satellite, from the French Guiana on 6th February, to replace INSAT-4CR
- The satellite will be used for high-speed internet, telecommunication services and broadcasting.
- The 2,600 KG-satellite GSAT-31 will be launched in the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-MK III)
|ISRO Director||Kailasavadivoo Sivan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
ICC announced a five year global partnership with Coca-Cola
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced a five year global partnership deal with beverage manufacturer Coca-Cola Company.
- Coca-Cola the exclusive non-alcoholic beverage partners of the ICC until 2023.
- The five-year agreement includes the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 in England and Wales, the ICC men’s and women’s T20 World Cups in Australia in 2020, the ICC Women’s World Cup 2021 in New Zealand and the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup in India in 2023, among other tournaments.
|ICC Headquarters||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|ICC Chairperson||Shashank Manohar|
|ICC CEO||Dave Richardson|
IBPSGuide Recommends Affairs Cloud Current affairs PDF